Why??? | Teen Ink

Why???

By Kayla Seher BRONZE, Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Kayla Seher BRONZE, Coon Rapids, Minnesota

What is the matter of today's youth? Well, hang on, before I go on a rant, I need to let you know something...I was, probably still am, a girl who "dates" or "goes out" with boys. That they are the center of my whole entire life. That when I am with them, I don't see anyone else except them. But I am now seeing what a HUGE mistake I am making. One, I had a crush on my best friend's crush. Me and [the boy] were great friends and I didn't want to ruin it, plus me and [my best friend] have been friends since second grade. I see what happens when teenage couples get into "trouble" if u know what I mean. I see VERY young teens all the time who are pregnant. They don't get to enjoy their teenage years because they are having to watch a little baby all the time. Thats not the only thing that is going to go wrong in thier life, thier reputation is going to be ruined. Not that anyone would care about whatever anyone says; they're just rumors, right? Wrong! Now here is an interview I took with a teacher about teenage relationships:

Q: What is your opinian on these relationships?
A: Well, I entirely disagree with teenage relationships because I have seen alot [of students] get hurt because of them.

Q: Did you ever have teenage relationships?
A: No. My parents allowed me to go on a date when I was 17 and I was already graduated from the 12th grade.

Q: How old were you when you got married?
A: 32. That may sound old, but I don't rergret it at all.

Q: How old were you when you had your first child?
A: In all honesty, I was 35 years old. And I DO NOT regret it one bit. I am 46 right now and she is a beautiful young girl.

Please remember what all you have read.

This is ALL true!!