His Heart | Teen Ink

His Heart

December 3, 2009
By PoisonedLove SILVER, Hobbs, New Mexico
PoisonedLove SILVER, Hobbs, New Mexico
7 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
They all happen to be from David Levithan since he is my favorite author

"You will always be my always"
"Remember that at any given moment there are a thousand things you can love."
"Being a b*** is easy. It's finding the alternative that's hard."


What is it that makes him tick? What is it that makes him choose her, one who doesn't want him, when I am there?
I see this everyday it seems. He chooses to go after girls that don't feel the same way as he does, only to find out that they are out of his reach. Then, it's on to another girl, once again, not a great match. Instead of looking to his side and seeing all the girls that already care about him and show it everyday, he would rather go out and let his heart get broken time and time again. Is it fear from really getting broken that keeps him from these original girls? Does he guard the depths of his heart so much that he would rather the edge be scraped by some "once-a-day" girl than to have the entire thing shattered by his life-time female friend? As I sit here, I ponder these things, more than often that is sure. Who is he pretending to be today, the boy that has no heart, or the boy whose heart is out there on his sleeve for everyone to see, some to crush? I shall shield that heart from the fakes, the pain, the misery of his love life. I shall shield that hope from the hammer of despair. I shall shield him from that life of lies and I shall hope that he chooses to shield me from my pain later in life.


The author's comments:
Seeing my friend choose to rather crush on a girl that he knew didn't like him that way other than build relationships with a great girl that really did like him inspired me to write this.