True Love | Teen Ink

True Love

What is true love? Is it really Love, or is it something else? Is it an obsession, a feeling, or is it simply an opportunity? From my point of view, I think it’s an opportunity for people to find trust and faith in only one person, their “soul mate.” Now you probably have a different opinion about this, but just hear me out and you may change your mind. This “true love” that I speak of, it may be only a myth that man made up to persuade men and women to marry and help multiply the human population. Well here’s my side of this legend.

True love to me is like a dream. You only have one dream that you like more than all the rest and you like it so much that you write it down somewhere so you’ll never forget it. This dream is compared to the one person, man or woman, that you want to spend the rest of your life with, knowing that that person is yours forever no matter whom else comes along down Life’s road. This person completes you and feels the same emotions towards you as you do to them. That, my friends’, is called True love.

Of course life has its problems that it will give you from time to time. And these problems may include your love decisions. Some people that you choose to marry might be the wrong person for you. In other terms… he or she is not your soul mate. Well, in these situations, there will be conflicts. Sometimes the other person in the relation may cheat on you, steal from you, or even divorce you. These results just mean that the person who did these awful things wasn’t truly in love. Now in some cases you may change your mind about someone and divorce them. Don’t feel bad about hurting that person, stay friends and move on!

What I’m trying to say here is that… True Love is a gift from God, and you shall never let anyone strip you from its powers. Live life with happiness and with an open heart, so that you may find your true love and forevermore be Happy!

I hope that this article will create an understanding of Love more than an allusion.

Tifini SILVER said...
Tifini SILVER, Danbury, Texas

Don’t say you love me unless you really mean it, because I might do something crazy like believe it.
~Crush

Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. ~ Gandhiji

thank you logan? do you have any work on here? i would love to read some :)

on Nov. 21 2009 at 1:38 am
nolongerinuse SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

“Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.” - Kahlil Gibran

I'm in love, and let me tell you, you'll know it when you feel it. It's so amazing.the person is all you can think about, they make you smile, they make you cry. It's more than an oppurtunity, it's a whole new emotion. [:)

Gertrude said...
This is a great view on life. You should write more :)

Logan said...
Hey! I loved this essay! It brings alot of stuff about love into the light. I'm glad someone has finally said this...

Please keep writing more like this.

- Logan ;)

BOB! said...
I really like what you wrote. it meant a lot to me. it made me think about my relationship with my girlfriend. Thanks.

:);) said...
This article is inspiring!!! it really made me think more about my love life. You are truly AMAZING!!! Dont stop writing!!!!

p_r_a_ said...
I loved this!!!!!

It was AMAZING!!! And so true!!!

I hope you keep writing stuff like this!

xoxoxo said...
on Nov. 19 2009 at 9:06 am
this was a beautiful story of personal opinion on love that makes sense. I hope this author continues to write and grow with their abilities