Romeo and Juliet | Teen Ink

Romeo and Juliet

November 12, 2009
By Anonymous

Many people believe that “ love has no boundaries.” This quote explains that love, no matter how easy or hard it is to reach, will always be your first priority. There is no stopping to reach love and you will do anything and everything for love. One may believe that if you are truly in love with someone, you will both do anything in your power to be with that person. In Romeo and Juliet, the tragedy by William Shakespear, this quote has great meaning.

Romeo has a boundary he is not allowed to cross, but crosses it anyway in order to be with his love, Juliet. The prince banishes Romeo from Verona, because he killed Tybalt, the Capulet’s nephew. Romeo while in Mantua, the town he must stay in because he was banished, dreams of seeing his beautiful Juliet. He wants nothing more then to see Juliet and talks about her as if she were a goddess. By Romeo going to the Capulet castle he showed that there was no physical boundary for love. Romeo then crossed another boundary when he went to the capulet castle and confessed his love for Juliet. Even though he knew he would be punished, it did not matter. After Romeo confessed his love for Juliet, there was no stopping him; he believed that he would do anything and everything for her. When Romeo believes that Juliet is dead, he uses himself as the ultimate sacrifice for love. Since, Juliet, Romeo’s love, is believed to be dead, he feels he must kill himself in order to be with her. For love Romeo crosses the biggest boundary of all, and kills himself, in order to reach Juliet.

Juliet also shows how there are no boundries to love. Throughout the book, Juliet allows Romeo to love her and visit her. This shows that she loved him as well and wanted him to pursue her. Juliet then realizes that in order to be with Romeo she must fake her death, by drinking a poison. If her family found out that she did this she would no longer be a Capulet and would no longer be able to be with Romeo, her love. When Juliet kills herself to be with Romeo, who is dead, she is taking her life to be with her love. This is the best example because it shows that Juliet has a pure love for Romeo; one that has no boundaries. Juliet throughout this book risks a great deal in order to be with Romeo. Juliet’s risky behavior is symbolic to the quote “Love has no boundaries”.

“Love has no boundaries” is symbolic throughout William Shakespears tragedy Romeo and Juliet. Multiple times through out the book Romeo and Juliet risk their lives and air to be with each other. They both cross many boundaries put in place by parents or sucessors, in order to reach each other. They show how pure their love is and how far they will go to be with each other. The tragedy, Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespear is a great representation of the quote “Love has no boundaries.


The author's comments:
This piece describes the boundaries crossed through out Romeo and Juliet.