The Last Time

This is the last time. I know I’ve said this a million times before, but this is it. I can’t do it anything without it being an epic lie of strength that I told everyone I have. I don’t want to talk, it hurts to talk. I don’t want to wake up in the morning and realize things aren’t the way they were yesterday. My eyes are going to swell shut from the constant flowing of tears coming out of my eyes like water out of a faucet. The sobbing is putting a strain on my throat, like a cat scratching a bedpost. My pink pillow is stained permanently from the black residue of my mascara and eyeliner that now make a black puddle on top of my pink pillow. No one understands, they have their guys and girls, and I’m left in the shadow watching and waiting for the next lie to come, the next blow to hit me, and maybe realize it isn’t worth it anymore. So I’ll put on the fake smile and the fake attitude, pretend like my heart hasn’t exploded into the millions of pieces its now in. Just make everyone believe everything’s perfect, while everything’s falling apart.

Savannah T. said...
May 26, 2011 at 2:58 am
i can tottaly relate to this right down to the pink pillow and mascara. im always telling lies and being told lies and im always faking everything. my life is like a movie and im the actress playing the role.

Tara_4 said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 12:57 am
i haven't related to any other story than this one. i know how you feel. it feels as if there is nothing good left in the world and that nothing will ever be right ever again. thank you so much for sharing. i know that i probably don't have any right to tell you what you should do because i probably don't know any better that you do. but what i would do is i would tell someone. when i was hurt and heartbroken i didn't tell anyone but then it all boiled up inside of me and would boil over on the ... (more »)

msoccerm345 said...
this is a great piece of writing. not only does it grab your attention but i think any girl can really relate to it. i know i can.

justwannabeme said...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 11:59 am

oh wow. that is exactly it.....i gave him 7 chances. and every time i was the one crying. i'm done with him. and every other boy too...

CaseyLeigh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I enjoyed this piece--it was so real.