Virgin Lips

V.L. Stands for Virgin Lips. It’s a term that should be far more widespread and is the status your lips should hold for more than the first ten years of your life. People don’t seem to realize that once you give your first kiss away, there's no going back. Once you give it, it's gone for life. No over-sized eraser can fade the marks of crimson lipstick. This applies not just to the virginity of your lips, but of your body... When you start young, you end young. No refunds. No exchanges. Final sale; take it or leave it. Once it's gone, it's gone. Forever. When learning this lesson in life, you get no second chances, just one shot. Take it or leave it? I choose to leave it. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting until marriage, waiting for Love. True Love. Not the deception of Lust, Love's shadow; she who wanders dingy streets, ambling with outstretched hands, ever-searching for something clean and pure to defile with her filthy hands... Sugar has a substitute: Splenda; glasses have a substitute: contacts; Guitar Hero has a substitute: Rock Band! But when it comes to Love, there is no substitute. So save your lovin’ for the one you really love, the one who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. And hey, no worries!—you’ll have ample time to practice kissing when you have the rest of your life to do so.

Katie S. said...
Agreeed, waiting till marriage is the safest, most mature option.

KiKi_2011 replied...
Oct. 27, 2010 at 9:36 am :

like i said earlier, some people don't have a choice. they get it taken from them. so does that mean that because it was taken and they didnt get the chance to wait that they should be critized for it?

Katie S. replied...
Oct. 27, 2010 at 4:22 pm :
No, thats not what I meant. If someone chooses to wait, but has it taken, then it obviuously isnt there fault and shoudl be treated as though they are still waiting, becasue they are.

jesus_saves replied...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 12:52 pm :
You give your first kiss away. If it was taken from you then it wasn't your first kiss, because it wasn't done in love

Taylor.Sangria This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I disagree completely, but I feel this little article  was well-written anyway so you get five stars from me :)

dancerforlifex replied...
Dec. 5, 2010 at 7:35 pm :
Me too! Five *s

marissa159ilovetexas replied...
Dec. 5, 2010 at 11:01 pm :
yes i had many besos but the guy im with now idk i kiss him and its like being five again when i would eat poprocks and feel the tingle jumps in my mouth but this is a great article

Stormythrone said...
Sept. 8, 2010 at 7:56 am:
I felt the same way about this. Although, saddly, I gave mine away. Course you couldnt blame me, I spent two years of my life with the guy and we were already past talking about marriage. But, I dont regret it. I gave it up to my first love, but I do regret he wasnt the one. Anyways! Great job!

KiKi_2011 replied...
Sept. 8, 2010 at 12:11 pm :
Some people don't have a choice in the matter...should the same kind of rules and expectations apply to them and myself? the higher expectations are the worse it is when those expectations fall short. 

Stormythrone replied...
Sept. 8, 2010 at 5:53 pm :
I agree with yah

seekingFaith said...
No longer do I feel alone on that topic... Thank you!!!!

pageturnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with you on making  sure to wait for someone you love before sex. But I don't really agree with you on waiting till marriage. I'm not saying people should have lots of sex, but how do you know you're really compatible with someone until you really get close to someone?

inkblot13 replied...
Apr. 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm :
so by being compatible with someone implies something physical? For example: really great guy/girl, makes you laugh everyday, etc... but a bad kisser. So you'd break up with them because you aren't compatible for each because of that? Anything physical shouldn't have a base in a relationship, that's called lust.

pageturnerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 9, 2011 at 10:55 pm :
I'm not saying that. I don"t believe in lust, it's only based on hormones. But if you don't even have passion with someone, with love and trust, then what's the point of staying together when there's no spark

Amieee said...
Aug. 17, 2010 at 8:17 am:
i agree, the way you write it is real convincing, and it's good~ and yes, i haven't kissed anyone yet and i'm waiting for sb special enough and i do NOT believe in sex before marriage

forgottenpennameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 5:32 pm:
Beautifully written piece! I agree on waiting until marriage to lose your virginity, but I have a bit of a different view on kissing. I think you shouldn't kiss until you're in a more serious relationship, yes, but I don't hold it nearly as sacred as sex... and to tell you the truth, I had my first kiss back in kindergarten with the boy who lived next door. We didn't mean it in any way romantically -- we had just seen our babysitter making out with her bf on the couch a lot so we wanted to see w... (more »)

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 3:32 pm:
Awesome article! I completely agree and love the way you put it. This should be a Public Service Announcement!

justwannabeme said...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 12:09 pm:
i agree with you completly. i will not have sex befor marriage. promise you that.

miranda_n said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 12:26 am:
Anyone like Billy Joel? Everyone should look up Only The Good Die Young :)

BrandNewEyes said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 9:01 am:
i remember my first kiss. Where i  live, you don't have V.L you're called a Fridgit. It's horrible & puts you down if you're the last of your friends, which i was! I had my first kiss with my first boyfriend in the cinema. I think your first kiss has to be with someone you care about & vise versa!