Virgin Lips | Teen Ink

Virgin Lips

October 12, 2009
By grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah
19 articles 43 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
When you learn to die, you learn to live - Morrie


V.L. Stands for Virgin Lips. It’s a term that should be far more widespread and is the status your lips should hold for more than the first ten years of your life. People don’t seem to realize that once you give your first kiss away, there's no going back. Once you give it, it's gone for life. No over-sized eraser can fade the marks of crimson lipstick. This applies not just to the virginity of your lips, but of your body... When you start young, you end young. No refunds. No exchanges. Final sale; take it or leave it. Once it's gone, it's gone. Forever. When learning this lesson in life, you get no second chances, just one shot. Take it or leave it? I choose to leave it. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting until marriage, waiting for Love. True Love. Not the deception of Lust, Love's shadow; she who wanders dingy streets, ambling with outstretched hands, ever-searching for something clean and pure to defile with her filthy hands... Sugar has a substitute: Splenda; glasses have a substitute: contacts; Guitar Hero has a substitute: Rock Band! But when it comes to Love, there is no substitute. So save your lovin’ for the one you really love, the one who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. And hey, no worries!—you’ll have ample time to practice kissing when you have the rest of your life to do so.


The author's comments:
I'm not possessed, but rather obsessed. ;D No, I'm really neither of the two. I just don't believe in sex outside of marriage. Although that may sound crazy to you, and as abstract as that may sound, I believe in it wholeheartedly, and wish to share this message with the world. Most people don't believe in virginity or chastity of the mind or body anymore, and I just wanted to stand up and say that I do. I believe it like a religion!I dearly hope I didn't offend or anger anyone with my opinion. Take what you like from my words.
peace out!

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 126 comments.


on Jan. 18 2011 at 9:26 pm
AwaitingRescue SILVER, Butte, Montana
9 articles 2 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

Why do you guys make it seem like a kiss with someone who you like is a serious  commitment? It's an experience to learn from.

cahill BRONZE said...
on Jan. 18 2011 at 12:24 pm
cahill BRONZE, Gary, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
hmmm

i have not kissed anyone yet because i belive in waiting for the right one

gina morales said...
on Jan. 17 2011 at 9:38 am
gina morales, Shorewood, Illinois
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments
yaa,but i have been ready to kiss him and he has tried to kiss me before but he sorta chickened out he got really mad at himself -i had to reassure him it was ok.

on Jan. 17 2011 at 9:32 am
Finding-me PLATINUM, Dover-Foxcroft, Maine
45 articles 0 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

my oppinion, i say wait. Wait at least till ur a junior in highschool, till your hormones calm down. Girls are in a rush to fit in, to be cool, dont worry about that, wait till you r ready.

gina morales said...
on Jan. 17 2011 at 8:08 am
gina morales, Shorewood, Illinois
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments
i dont agree with the kiss thing-ALOT of girls wanna have there first kiss.in cluding me ,and my bf has desided to take it slow =p even though he is leavin for highschool next year and ill only be in 8th grade.should i try to kiss him or let him try?

mariaa BRONZE said...
on Dec. 23 2010 at 9:04 pm
mariaa BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
Rise to the occasion, which is life

I remember mines, it was behind the gym, with a pushy 10 year old. I WISH I can't remember mines.

on Dec. 5 2010 at 11:01 pm
marissa159ilovetexas BRONZE, Houston, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The past can't see you but the future is listening"- T.G.

yes i had many besos but the guy im with now idk i kiss him and its like being five again when i would eat poprocks and feel the tingle jumps in my mouth but this is a great article

on Dec. 5 2010 at 7:56 pm
SoulxFinder BRONZE, Cobourg, Other
3 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world. - Edgar Allan Poe

 

While in some ways I agree, it could be that first kiss that makes you realize who you truly love. You have to connect in different ways to see if you really trust that person enough to go further.
In short : A first kiss could LEAD to marrige... and just because you're married doesn't mean you're in love, even if you loved them on the day of the vows.


on Dec. 5 2010 at 7:35 pm
dancerforlifex GOLD, Monson, Massachusetts
14 articles 0 photos 37 comments

Favorite Quote:
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.

Me too! Five *s

on Nov. 30 2010 at 1:20 pm
AaronLawrence SILVER, St. Louis, Missouri
9 articles 5 photos 106 comments

Favorite Quote:
I may be an idiot, but i'm not stupid

Until you change me enough that i'm convinced I need to change, I won't change

Dang-i don't even remember my first. 

on Nov. 27 2010 at 4:44 pm
nolongerinuse SILVER, San Antonio, Texas
8 articles 0 photos 60 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.” - Kahlil Gibran

I am aware of that, but if you'll forgive the reminder, the bible was written, like, a bajillion years a go by a bunch of olf guys, and what was acceptble then wasn't always what is acceptable now. People MARRIED back then at about 12 or 13, so they never had to worry about teens succumbing to hormones--they were married by the time they had any hormones anyway.

Katie S. said...
on Oct. 27 2010 at 4:22 pm
No, thats not what I meant. If someone chooses to wait, but has it taken, then it obviuously isnt there fault and shoudl be treated as though they are still waiting, becasue they are.

on Oct. 27 2010 at 9:36 am
KiKi_2011 BRONZE, Lynn, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You gotta dance like no one's watching, dream like you'll live forever, live like you're going to die tomorrow, and love like it's never going to hurt."

like i said earlier, some people don't have a choice. they get it taken from them. so does that mean that because it was taken and they didnt get the chance to wait that they should be critized for it?

 


on Oct. 22 2010 at 3:54 pm
lightningscar- BRONZE, Stratford, Other
3 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
There are many causes for which I would die for, but none for which I would kill.
-Ghandi

Agreeed, waiting till marriage is the safest, most mature option.

on Sep. 12 2010 at 10:33 pm
Taylor.Sangria GOLD, Deltona, Florida
10 articles 27 photos 24 comments
I disagree completely, but I feel this little article  was well-written anyway so you get five stars from me :)

on Sep. 8 2010 at 5:53 pm
Stormythrone BRONZE, Anchorage, Alaska
4 articles 19 photos 73 comments

Favorite Quote:
Nothing is good or bad. Its thinking that makes it so. -Benjamin Franklin

I agree with yah

on Sep. 8 2010 at 12:11 pm
KiKi_2011 BRONZE, Lynn, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You gotta dance like no one's watching, dream like you'll live forever, live like you're going to die tomorrow, and love like it's never going to hurt."

Some people don't have a choice in the matter...should the same kind of rules and expectations apply to them and myself? the higher expectations are the worse it is when those expectations fall short. 

on Sep. 8 2010 at 7:56 am
Stormythrone BRONZE, Anchorage, Alaska
4 articles 19 photos 73 comments

Favorite Quote:
Nothing is good or bad. Its thinking that makes it so. -Benjamin Franklin

I felt the same way about this. Although, saddly, I gave mine away. Course you couldnt blame me, I spent two years of my life with the guy and we were already past talking about marriage. But, I dont regret it. I gave it up to my first love, but I do regret he wasnt the one. Anyways! Great job!

on Aug. 17 2010 at 9:27 pm
seekingFaith BRONZE, Kennesaw, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you..."

here here!!! preach!!! :D

on Aug. 17 2010 at 9:24 pm
seekingFaith BRONZE, Kennesaw, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you..."

No longer do I feel alone on that topic... Thank you!!!!