Virgin Lips

V.L. Stands for Virgin Lips. It’s a term that should be far more widespread and is the status your lips should hold for more than the first ten years of your life. People don’t seem to realize that once you give your first kiss away, there's no going back. Once you give it, it's gone for life. No over-sized eraser can fade the marks of crimson lipstick. This applies not just to the virginity of your lips, but of your body... When you start young, you end young. No refunds. No exchanges. Final sale; take it or leave it. Once it's gone, it's gone. Forever. When learning this lesson in life, you get no second chances, just one shot. Take it or leave it? I choose to leave it. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting until marriage, waiting for Love. True Love. Not the deception of Lust, Love's shadow; she who wanders dingy streets, ambling with outstretched hands, ever-searching for something clean and pure to defile with her filthy hands... Sugar has a substitute: Splenda; glasses have a substitute: contacts; Guitar Hero has a substitute: Rock Band! But when it comes to Love, there is no substitute. So save your lovin’ for the one you really love, the one who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. And hey, no worries!—you’ll have ample time to practice kissing when you have the rest of your life to do so.

SaritaLC said...
Apr. 26, 2011 at 9:28 am:
I agree with you 110%. People tend to rush into things because they think its ok at the time, but later end up regretting it anyways. Everyone needs to slow down and take their time. Love isn't easy and it certainly takes patients.

x_Topscore_x said...
Keep up the good work! Its nice to know that there are still people who beleve in "waiting" Good job. ^.^

JoPepperThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 16, 2011 at 9:23 am:
I so agree with you.  You shouldn't be ashamed of your opinion.

inkblot13 said...
rock on! I'm with you on that one!

inkblot13 said...
I agree with you 100%! I also think that "kids these days" (whoa, i sound like my dad! lol) give away their first kiss far to easily, it should be something cherished. Personally, I'm saving mine for the moment when I get married and hear "You may now kiss the bride"

Fate98 said...
Apr. 1, 2011 at 9:59 am:

Yup you are so 100% right. i wish i could have seen this artical before now.   At my school everyone asks everyone if they are VLs. I used to feel as if i was in the wrong when i said i was. i was mad to feel like i was falling behind and was a baby for not having kissed anyone.

I used to feel so bad about it and then i got my wish. I got asked out by my first boy friend and one month later we were full on kissing. I was 12! And it could hav... (more »)

kksexi12 replied...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 12:01 pm :
 My first boy friend kissed me (frenchie) And like two 1/2 mths later he tried to do it but i kicked him you-know-where!!!!!  lol no one thinks i shoulda done that!!!!

ihatekksexi12a kathy replied...
Nov. 14, 2011 at 1:13 pm :
 hey kathy, you remember selora!! she told me your name and somethings you said and all. can you guess my name. P.S you called me on November third. saidn you were tristan womack

Lissabelle116 said...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 8:31 pm:
I love your comments your article!

Drixel said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:20 am:
So true! I've already had my first one, and well, not the best thing in the world. :/ As someone who's been corrupted by romance novels and romantic comedies, things like these hold a special place in my heart. First times only happen once. Might as well make it special. :D

cahill said...
i have not kissed anyone yet because i belive in waiting for the right one

FireandWater This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i totally agree.  my first kiss was...i didn't have it yet!  i'm 17 and i'm waiting for the special someone that God has in mind for me.  plz, this is just my opinion, but i wish every person would wait, or could wait until they are in the position to love someone they can spend the rest of their life with.

inkblot13 replied...
Apr. 8, 2011 at 2:34 pm :
rock on! I'm with you on that :D

Kung_Fu_Manda_Panda replied...
May 13, 2011 at 10:28 am :
thats really good and if someone did make fun of you they can go screw themselves its you option

SoulxFinder said...

While in some ways I agree, it could be that first kiss that makes you realize who you truly love. You have to connect in different ways to see if you really trust that person enough to go further.
In short : A first kiss could LEAD to marrige... and just because you're married doesn't mean you're in love, even if you loved them on the day of the vows.

Gina M. replied...
Jan. 17, 2011 at 8:08 am :
i dont agree with the kiss thing-ALOT of girls wanna have there first kiss.in cluding me ,and my bf has desided to take it slow =p even though he is leavin for highschool next year and ill only be in 8th grade.should i try to kiss him or let him try?

Save1 replied...
Jan. 17, 2011 at 9:32 am :
my oppinion, i say wait. Wait at least till ur a junior in highschool, till your hormones calm down. Girls are in a rush to fit in, to be cool, dont worry about that, wait till you r ready.

Gina M. replied...
Jan. 17, 2011 at 9:38 am :
yaa,but i have been ready to kiss him and he has tried to kiss me before but he sorta chickened out he got really mad at himself -i had to reassure him it was ok.

AwaitingRescue replied...
Jan. 18, 2011 at 9:26 pm :
Why do you guys make it seem like a kiss with someone who you like is a serious  commitment? It's an experience to learn from.

Lilliterra replied...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 6:52 pm :

Yeah but you want it to be perfect, right? So that you can safely think and reminisce about it later and not have to try and push it out of your mind. You want to at least try and make it the person you're gonna be with for the rest of your life, right?

Because no one can truly say their first kiss was wonderful when it belongs to an old boyfriend they've been working to get out of their head for years.