Virgin Lips

V.L. Stands for Virgin Lips. It’s a term that should be far more widespread and is the status your lips should hold for more than the first ten years of your life. People don’t seem to realize that once you give your first kiss away, there's no going back. Once you give it, it's gone for life. No over-sized eraser can fade the marks of crimson lipstick. This applies not just to the virginity of your lips, but of your body... When you start young, you end young. No refunds. No exchanges. Final sale; take it or leave it. Once it's gone, it's gone. Forever. When learning this lesson in life, you get no second chances, just one shot. Take it or leave it? I choose to leave it. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting until marriage, waiting for Love. True Love. Not the deception of Lust, Love's shadow; she who wanders dingy streets, ambling with outstretched hands, ever-searching for something clean and pure to defile with her filthy hands... Sugar has a substitute: Splenda; glasses have a substitute: contacts; Guitar Hero has a substitute: Rock Band! But when it comes to Love, there is no substitute. So save your lovin’ for the one you really love, the one who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. And hey, no worries!—you’ll have ample time to practice kissing when you have the rest of your life to do so.

LReisman said...
i totally agree with you, but how do people know when they are in love, wouldnt you need to kiss the person to find out????

chica4christ replied...
May 30, 2012 at 12:07 pm :
Love isn't about kissing. Love is about the special relationship you have with a specific person. You want to spend time with that person and be with that person, but Love isn't physical. You don't need to kiss someone to know if you love them or if they love you. I'm not saying that kissing isn't an expression of love or that it's bad, but that it isn't something that should be taken lightly.

CorrinaElisabeth said...
The article could have been somewhat better written - but I agree with the thesis. :)

Luna3952 said...
thanks unwantedninja

UnwantedNinja replied...
Dec. 30, 2011 at 9:28 am :
Your welcome :)

UnwantedNinja said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 2:34 am:
I agree im 14 and never kissed anyone! i have been asked a few times out but i always say no...I'm scared that i'll get kissed when i really dont want 2...and hurt i guys feeling when i turn his lips down

Luna3952 said...
i wish i could take my frist kiss back because my bf at the time was horrible he ruined me life! Im just glad he did rap me.... i finally got out of that but it took three years. now everything relationship i have scares me i dont want another guy like that

UnwantedNinja replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 2:32 am :
u'll find the right man luna3952 ! Never give up hope :)

beachgal123 said...
i wisshh i could go back and redo my first kiss:( i was forced literally i went with this guy i really don't know why and two of our friends literally pushed our heads towards each other:/ god i hated them for that and i can never get that first kiss back

StarryRoss said...
Dec. 9, 2011 at 12:01 am:
Finally someone who gets it :) that doesn't make you weird, that makes you very respectable and amazing, and certainly a guy is going to find that refreshing after so many easy girls. Purity is so beautiful if you think about it. I won't have sex or any sexual stuff before i'm married, just kissing is fine with me, and i'm so glad i have a boyfriend who agrees :)

Liv297 said...
to be honest with you, I agree, to a point. I'm fourteen and I've already had a boyfriend and kissed a few guys. looking back now, I don't regret it. looking back thirty years from now, I still don't think I'll regret it. there's nothing wrong with kissing and such, but unless you are completely ready and really, really think he's the one, don't go jumping in to bed.

Riley J. replied...
Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:12 am :
stupid bed ftw

Fizza_98 said...
Oct. 31, 2011 at 6:00 am:
agree with you. 

CleverScreenNameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really do respect your opinion. You have great reasonings and this piece is quite well written and is a great example of your own personal voice. Although I do not agree with your opinion, I can absolutely respect it. The only thing I'm irked by are the shaming undertones of this piece.

K.M.S.Shear said...
i have not had my first kiss and ive never had a boyfriend but im still young and havw time. Everyone has time so i belive you should wait for the right pereon.

andromeda13 said...
Aug. 26, 2011 at 11:04 am:
i don't agree with your opinion, but i respect it. I thought your artcile was very well written although you could have made it longer.

Vballgirlie said...
Aug. 8, 2011 at 10:28 am:
I have virgin lips, and I'm proud of it. I have friends that had their first kiss in second grade. And I'm just proud that I'll get to have mine with someone worth it.

emolover95 said...
I totally agree! I'm sixteen and I haven't had my first kiss yet. I'm not ashamed of that! I have Virgin Lips! I really want to wait for that special someone who comes along and then I can give him the only thing that's absolutely and totally unique to our relationship. No one else can say they've shared in our kiss, because we are the only two people like ourselves. This article is beautiful, I really love it! Keep writing!

k.s.hThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 8:11 am:
Your words are so true.  I'm only 11 and I have a friend that kissed someone on the lips.  I got really mad at her.  Why waste your childhood on something that never lasts?

Bookdragon said...
May 12, 2011 at 7:26 pm:
I agree, my friends and I call it Lipginity.