Virgin Lips

V.L. Stands for Virgin Lips. It’s a term that should be far more widespread and is the status your lips should hold for more than the first ten years of your life. People don’t seem to realize that once you give your first kiss away, there's no going back. Once you give it, it's gone for life. No over-sized eraser can fade the marks of crimson lipstick. This applies not just to the virginity of your lips, but of your body... When you start young, you end young. No refunds. No exchanges. Final sale; take it or leave it. Once it's gone, it's gone. Forever. When learning this lesson in life, you get no second chances, just one shot. Take it or leave it? I choose to leave it. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting until marriage, waiting for Love. True Love. Not the deception of Lust, Love's shadow; she who wanders dingy streets, ambling with outstretched hands, ever-searching for something clean and pure to defile with her filthy hands... Sugar has a substitute: Splenda; glasses have a substitute: contacts; Guitar Hero has a substitute: Rock Band! But when it comes to Love, there is no substitute. So save your lovin’ for the one you really love, the one who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. And hey, no worries!—you’ll have ample time to practice kissing when you have the rest of your life to do so.

FonzAliThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 21 at 11:33 am:
She wasn't shaming them. It was an  opinion essay. They should be ashamed if they gave it up, but if they were forced, it's different. There is no price on virginity.

JesusandHisLawyersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 26 at 7:03 pm:
You don't have to kiss or have sex if you don't want to, but it is NOT okay to shame other people if they choose to. Don't be that person, nobody likes a slut-shamer. 

angle99 said...
i'm glad someone has the guts to talk about somthing likes it is a touchy subject to some people, and i agree with you. :D

JacquelineM.Grange said...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:10 am:
I completely believe in sex only in marriage.

BetaD said...
Oct. 24, 2012 at 8:44 am:
The article was good on some point. The  person that wrote this article is clearly a person that doesn´t  believe  in sex before marriage and if u kiss someone your first kiss maybe it may never be your first it would be taken from u  and she is describing  the sad part of it and my idea of  this is that some of us that have kissed and thing could feel  really  bad cause they don´t feel like that and it may seem that is they are some kind of &n... (more »)

beccac. said...
I seriously thought i was the only one that had some common sense like you. Thank God you wrote this. i have been wanting to say this for so long! i feel the same way. You need to wait until you really love someone.

Lyrics27 said...
Sept. 25, 2012 at 11:23 am:
wow, I'm only 14 and I haven't had my first kiss and I thought that it was really embarassing because all my friends have. EXTREMELY GLAD that I came across this!

Sir_Bromsten said...
Hello there! This was a joy for me to read! You wrote this on a level of deep feeling for this subject.  I fully support everything you have said concerning virginity of the lips and body!  But yet, you were spotty on one important point.  That it's just as important for us guys to strive for virginity too.  I hope to write on the subject soon and post it.  Once again, thank you for posting this thesis of yours.  I hope that you write more soon!   With al... (more »)

deanna98 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:33 am:
Way to go! Kudos to you! I have yet to taste my first kiss and even my mother thinks I should kiss before I'm married. But no, I want to wear white on my wedding day with a clear conscience...and I admire you for sharing the same opinion.

lovemyAbba said...
Aug. 21, 2012 at 11:10 am:
I absolutely believe this... It is something so powerful, so emotionally connecting... It causes life changing decisions..... nothing could be more special than to save your gift... for the one who you love, WITHOUT, the physical side of things... My first kiss... I want on my wedding day... and I think that's a pretty good goal

gossamergirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 16, 2012 at 3:47 pm:
i believe in this as you do. it is very important to me, i think that nowadays it is harder to stay a virgin and i hope many people will rise to the challenge

bass_rockrgrl13 said...
May 16, 2012 at 2:33 pm:
That was beautiful... :O

wishingtheskywasbluer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:17 am:
great article; you make a great point that i think many people don't realize!

Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:17 am:

TheDoubtMachine said...
Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:54 am:

Agreed! This comes right from the heart and in the heart of all our hearts we know what you say is true!

kerline said...
Feb. 21, 2012 at 4:53 pm:
i totally agree with this message. i believe everyone should wait until after marriage.

Anny_Grace This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:41 pm:
Absolutely agree! Enjoyable to read and love how the message flows through out the piece!

IMadePaintThatLookedLikeCupcakesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I totally agree. I am 16, and never even held hands with a boy. I believe you should wait for the right one. You will know in your heart when you find the right one. You will not have even the slightest of doubts. Virg.inity, lip or otherwise is beautiful.

ironsidegirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:06 pm :
16 and never held hands with a boy? Don't you think thats a little...I dont know, empty?

FonzAliThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 21 at 11:39 am :
why would it be empty?