The Freedom to Love (LGBT relationships)

I absolutely don’t understand how some, in fact many, people have problems with LGBT (lesbian gay bisexual transsexual) relationships. In 2007, 1,460 hate crimes were officially reported. That’s an average of four crimes a day! Something should be done about terrible things like this, because LGBT relationships are not something to be discriminated against for.

You can control what clothes you wear, what food you eat, what you do for fun, and what kind of people you talk to and are friends with. But one thing that you can’t choose is your sexual orientation. It’s just wrong to say that someone is going to hell or is hated by God because he or she likes people of the same gender.

Hating someone because he or she is a lesbian, gay, etc., is, in my opinion, as inexcusable a crime as racism. As I said before, this is something that you have NO control over, just like the color of your skin. Nobody has the right to tell anyone else who they are allowed to like/love just because someone “can’t have babies” because of his or her sexual orientation.

It’s not a clearly defined right given to us in the Constitution, but I think that the Freedom to Love ranks right up there with the right to free speech and the freedom of religion.

YoMama515 said...
I appreciate and respect you opinion on this matter, but I do not agree with it. I mean, if everyone eventually became LGBT then we would not have any children AT ALL, and the process of procreation is very beautiful and sacred. I do not hate anybody who is LGBT, but I do not agree with this.

greg9381 replied...
Nov. 2, 2009 at 4:51 pm :
ok, so your problem is that gays can't procreate? I respect your opinion, but what about people who are infertile? They can't procreate, either. If everyone were infertile, we wouldn't have any children. So should we cast them out of society? I'd say no...

hopelesslyhoping replied...
Nov. 2, 2009 at 6:41 pm :
um, he's not suggesting that EVERYONE should go against what most of society thinks is acceptable and become LGBT. he's saying that he feels that people should be accepting to the fact that love truly has no bounds - gender or otherwise. I'm not lesbian or bisexual or anything, but I don't think there's anything wrong with people who are. they're not hurting anyone by being who they want to be - the population is growing at an exponential rate, we are in no danger... (more »)