I Once Was Blind... But Now I... Love?

I used to think of how my life would be without love. I pictured myself focused- driven with nothing to stop me from taking the world by storm. I had a dream of seeing myself succeed and never allowing anything to keep me from doing just that. I had the journey all mapped out; I just needed to put one foot in front of the other and no one would ever be able to hold me back.

I used to think of how my life would be without love. I would be respected- revered with my head held high. But I always knew that I would go home to a big house full of nice things, and I would feel empty. I would be lonely. I know now that there is no life worth living if it is void of his love, and if that means that I never accomplish all of my goals, all of my dreams will still have come true.

LifesIllusion said...
I totally agree with this article! :) Good job. Will you please check out my work? Thanks:) oh and congratulations on being engaged!

LonewriterCC said...
That how i felt when i was around 13 until a relationship changed everything...

withoutamuse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Well, I'm 18 and engaged... so that's how it was inspired. Complete non-fiction.

AlyBug replied...
wow i felt like that still do sometimes of course i have a mood disorder but... still i get it

Mylifeforpoetry said...
THis is REALLY good. I liked it a lot.