Kiss Later This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

It bothers me to continue to read articles that teenagers my age write about love. I've been through ALL of it. I've been through the uncertainty; i've been warmed by the imaginary blanket of security; i've been plagued by infatuation; i've been blinded by beauty; i've been captivated by perception; i've been assaulted with abuse; i've willingly let myself feel the torrent and the excitement; i've believed in LOVE. BUT i don't dwell on it. I don't sleep on it. I read articles about girls who just TORMENT themselves with it. I KNOW it's hard. But you just can't talk about how miserable you are when someone breaks your heart and then let them back in again to cover you with that shroud of uncertainty and insecurity. LET YOURSELF BE IN CONTROL. If you're being controlled, then the relationship isn't worth it. There should be boundaries. If he loved you he wouldn't put pressure on you to do things that you don't want to do. If he loved you he would wait and be responsible because he cares about your well being--- he thinks about you. Rushing things ends in disaster. If he loves you he'll want you be your friend as much as your boyfriend. He'll want to know your friends and your family and he'll be GOOD to you. If you're out of line, or jump to conclusions, or rowdy, and explosive THAT's another story. It's a two way thing. It takes two to tango, its takes two to cater, and it takes TWO to make a relationship work. And boyfriends, may i say, are pointless in high school. Have friends. Focus on your work. Do what you gotta do first, kiss later.

HunterAnonymous said...
Feb. 7 at 2:48 pm
Very good topic and writing, but guys aren't always the controlling ones. Sometimes girls will put you down  in front of their friends and ignore a guys feelings. But other then that, great paper and if you could I would appreciate it if you could check out some of my works (only three). Thank you  =)

AliMotamedi said...
Jun. 6, 2013 at 5:02 am
i certainly agree with the fact that most high school relationships are pointless. stick to what you got to do, there is a time for everything.

ArianaT This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thanks for all of the constructive criticism, everyone. I did write this when I was in the 9th grade, though (notice the lack of capital letters in the word 'did'). My writing has gotten a lot better =) But thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts nontheless! 

CorrinaElisabeth said...
Not the best persuasive argument I've ever seen, certainly. But I agree with the thesis.

Jazzyjaz12 said...
I think this well written and oh so very much true. But I'm kinda of in a relationship right now and we love each other with all our hearts but the thing he makes me mad alot and sometimes I cry about it but I'm not going to let him get me done because he wants to get mad over something so little and stupid. My life moves on and it was moving when he wasn't here saying that he loved me. Sometimes ladies you just need to let your head be held high. He just a guy or maybe he is the guy but you sho... (more »)

Nick5 replied...
This isn't "well written" as Jazzyjaz12 would have you believe (sorry), but it is a good topic. If you proofread or even checked for spelling this article would have been much better. Instead of CAPITALS use italics; your point gets across wayyyyyy faster and with more clarity. Seriously: "LET YOURSELF BE IN CONTROL" are you yelling at me?

SpeakingLifeofSerenity replied...
eeeeehhhhh it's still good

Nick5 replied...
I agree the article is good. It's the writing I was talking about. Liked the idea, the delivery needs the improvemant.

SpeakingLifeofSerenity replied...
Dec. 7, 2011 at 9:08 am
yeah but I wasn't really looking at the writing style and how she wrote it. But I guess she could of wrote it a little bit better than she did.

Afra- said...
Nov. 29, 2011 at 6:53 am
yeah this is very true...

birdcage2 said...
Jun. 7, 2011 at 9:48 am
This is really good i agree with nyghtonxxx this does deserve a grammy.

NyghtOnyxx said...
Idk if you are an adult or what but his should be given a grammy! I'm tired of seeing girls my age (14) throw their life away because they believe some guy actually loves them, don't get me wrong we do it to the guys to sometimes just to get our way. "Love" hurts weather it's right or wrong

remembermeplz said...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 1:09 am

AMAZING!! I myself found out the hard way that Boyfriends when yr young is a bad idea.And the Ending line is very witty and I really like it =)

The whole thing in genarl is very greatly worded.And i can tell u probally win agurments all the time cus the way u prove yr point is mazing =D

mayo.girlie97 said...
Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:14 am
well said.

scoot413This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 12, 2010 at 10:52 am
bravo! i have been through some of the relationship issues too, and this speaks tremendous words! :)

Sarbear This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love this! especially your ending line--how unique, it wrapped it up perfectly. i agree with all of this! great job

dustybrowneyes replied...
Sept. 2, 2010 at 1:13 am
i so agree with u!

HermoineGranger said...
Thank you. I needed to read this haha. Great work

Mylifeforpoetry said...
Oct. 3, 2009 at 12:03 am
you are so right. that bugs me too. But sometimes i write poems like that just to get feelings out. Doesn't necessarily mean anything. Just a fleeting storm of emotions that takes over.