Love: is it a feeling?

What is love? If you say a feeling, you're wrong. That's probably the reason so many marriages and relationships go wrong- because people don't know what love is! Some petty feeling is not enough to base a relationship on! Love is something stronger. It's not an obsession. It's to care about someone. To put someone before yourself. To protect them. To trust them. You love them not for how they look. Not for their personality. You love them just the way they are- on the inside. It means you'll love them even if they're a jerk to you later on, even if they hurt you, you'll still care about them. You'll still want the best for them. You'll still put them before yourself. Most teenagers- even most adults don't understand love because they have a misconception of what love is. Some have felt love but didn't know what it was.

BlackKittie said...
Mar. 25, 2011 at 11:00 am
love is when you can accidentally burp while kissing your partner and then laugh about it.haha

ChelseyChelsey replied...
agreed! :) lol you're funny

americasnextfreak said...
Yes! I agree this is exactly how i feel! Thanks for posting this its great,great,great!

Incendiary said...
This is the most realist, ACCURATE take on the concept I have ever read in a long time, coming from I assume, a teenager. This deserves to be read by everyone, because I am convinced that it is the truth. The problem nowadays is that most teenagers misinterpret love to the point where it becomes something thrown around mindlessly.

Courtney P. replied...
Thank you. I wanted to write this because I see all around me people that think love is just a feeling, and it leads to so much pain later. People often don't know the meaning of love and I wanted to help them see that love is something deeper.