Young Love | Teen Ink

Young Love

By CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin

The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)

Walking around the school halls people talking about who's hot and who's not. Chatting about who they like and who they dislike, who they want to date and who they don't. I'm in middle school and already people my age are talking about dating! I think we are too young to date in my opinion. Recently my friend got a boyfriend and she's only 11!!! I think we need to live in the moment of our age. Have fun playing soccer and keep crushes, crushes until you're older. I understand kids liking the oppisite sex, but dating? I keep telling my friends that we're young and she be running around and playing sports. They just ignore me and shake it off. What do you think?

on Dec. 8 2011 at 11:55 pm
StarryRoss GOLD, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"Writing is the socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." -E.L. Doctorow

its just a general comment, but i honestly don't think mentioning "the opposite sex" is a homophobic discrimination. Its okay, most of us very much know and respect people liking the same sex, let's not get defensive over an article about premature dating in mid school

on Dec. 8 2011 at 11:52 pm

Um, okay this here is a very warped reality that scares me, to be quite honest. I am a die hard romantic with a best friend boyfriend of 8 months, so don't think i can't relate, but i think that all these children are trying to date and not listening to what we have to say for a couple reasons. 1) when we say "you're too young" it is NOT that you're too young to have strong feelings for somebody and have them also be your best friend and yada yada yada. But the other part is what you're too young for. We still have many other important things and people in our lives (and yes, we are chaste) but still, my life kind of intertwines with his. Its the preparation for marriage, its supposed to see whether or not you want to marry this person. Yeah, date for fun, have a ball, you're young. but you have teenagehood and adulthood and more than half of your life to date! Be a kid, cuz you'll miss it :) Run in the grass, roll around, have crushes on boys and talk to them and kiss them. But dating and other things are meant to be for when you can actually go on dates, with your families knowing, because you WANT to show them off to your families. It'll come, don't worry, and its just as good as everyone says it is. Don't blow your childhood for something you'll get as young adults, then in marriage, you'll kill it that way

-Duckie- GOLD said...
on Nov. 12 2011 at 12:10 pm
-Duckie- GOLD, West Fargo, North Dakota

Your heart is a weapon the size of your fist. Keep fighting. Keep loving.
-Anonymous

I agree with HisPurePrincess... love isn't for wimps and I don't know about all girls but I like guys who are emotional, that way I know they're not just rocks.

kksexi12 said...
on Nov. 10 2011 at 8:59 am

I agree with wassacracker123, I lost mine when I was, like, 8-9, imk not sure which. I loved him. I also agree with CandieApple, but this is opinions.

There nay be such as young love, my brother met this girl two years ago, he is 19 now and they got marrried October 15!!!! Young Lve

Oozeworld said...
on Sep. 29 2011 at 5:04 pm
Oozeworld, Reno, Nevada

"Whatever they offer you, don't feed the plants!"

Good God, what is this thread, a Shaker compound?

on Sep. 7 2011 at 4:28 pm

Uh, in your opinion, but I never said they didn't kiss.

Waka $inamon said...
on Sep. 7 2011 at 9:08 am
Girlfriends aren't really girlfriends until you kiss them.

on Jun. 12 2011 at 12:13 pm
radicalhonesty GOLD, Alpharetta, Georgia

There is no situation, facet, or aspect of life that cannot be improved with pizza. -Daria

I'm in middle school, and I used to agree. Starting from 4th grade, people had "boyfriends" and "girlfriends". that is wrong. However, in my middle school, people don't actually go out on dates. they say they're "going out", which means holding hands and walking together in the hallways and texting each other frequently, which isn't so bad. I think as long as kids know they don't really love the person, then its just infatuation, which is ok. 

gleek1234 GOLD said...
on Jun. 7 2011 at 9:51 am
gleek1234 GOLD, Burlington, Vermont

You did let me go you left me broken and heartless, crying out for help, with no one to answer my calls-Shilpa Pierpont-Hale ( poem) Love hurts

ok i like this but when you said kids likeing the opposite sex. wow homophobia in here! kids or teens or adults don't always like the opposite sex sometimes they like the same sex. kk you might want to change that. before someone gets really mad!

on May. 20 2011 at 11:01 am
ashley1012 BRONZE, Glasgow, Kentucky

Come askin for it and you will get

am sorry but i amin highs school and i have a bf and i dont tell him i love you becuase we dont know te menaing of i love you

on Apr. 29 2011 at 2:27 pm
ashley1012 BRONZE, Glasgow, Kentucky

Come askin for it and you will get

i am sorry but that is so true what you  said becuase i am in high school and i just recently got out of a relationship so yeah and i am sitten here crying becuase i really loved this boy so yea. can a 11 year really  know what love is i dont think so!

NinaQ GOLD said...
on Apr. 24 2011 at 4:04 pm
NinaQ GOLD, Seattle, Washington

Pick your heart up off the floor
Sometimes, there are things you can only do alone
You can cry for now but just become stronger the next day

What makes me mad is how stupid teenagers use love wrong and make us all look bad.. I personally know what love is all about, at this age teens always believe love is about boyfriend and girlfriend than when they break up they suddenly dont feel anything. THOSE people make us look bad for those who know the true extent of love at such a young age are gifted 

Archy said...
on Apr. 17 2011 at 3:42 pm
Archy, Honolulu, Hawaii

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone, it's not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel alone"
~Robin Williams

Now if two kids are ACTUALLY in love, then most of us will be fine with that. But if they go out simply because they can and because it looks cool to their friends. Then and only then do we strongly disapprove.

Archy said...
on Apr. 17 2011 at 3:38 pm
Archy, Honolulu, Hawaii

~Robin Williams

No one in Middle school should ever really actually go out with someone. Wait till High School like where I am to do that. Its not right. We look at these kids and think "they are to young to even think of going out." I can understand thinking about it in 6th and 7th grade and then maybe 8th grade. It only causes trouble because as you get older you are able to handle different situations better. I agree 100% with this article. Enjoy middle school while you still have it. Great Article CandieApple! 

on Apr. 10 2011 at 5:03 pm

Ikr. O_o ....

on Apr. 10 2011 at 4:53 pm
nolongerinuse SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

“Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.” - Kahlil Gibran

O.O WOW. That's messed up, I would NEVER have done it that young I didn't even have those urges until I was 11, I'm now 14 and still a virgin. I've never even dated. Creepy...

E.LynnMarie said...
on Mar. 31 2011 at 8:32 pm
Thanks, its the truth lol :)

on Mar. 19 2011 at 11:47 am

I'm going to forget you said that....

machodude007 said...
on Mar. 19 2011 at 10:31 am
I started dating when I was eleven and had 4 girlfriends at once. Ocasionaly still hook up with one of them. any guy who feel love is a soft wimp and Ill beat them up

on Mar. 19 2011 at 10:26 am
I lost my virginity when I was 9 years old, who are you to tell me I can't be in love when I'm young!!!