What is love?

From the poet I learn that love is a flower. It blooms tenderly, taking days, maybe weeks, maybe even years, watered by care.
A second is all it takes for it to wilt, to wither and droop, like an October leaf. Silently. Gone.
The girl in my class says it’s wonderful. It’s a bit like flying.
From the author, I see that it’s loving another more than anything else in the world.
Reality tells me it’s parties, hangovers, arrests, and tears. More sour than the sea. More solitude than in an abyss.
What is love?
It’s that single echo, of a rock, dropped into eternal depths of that abyss. It tells you to wake up! Listen to me! I’ll tell you what love is, I’ll try!
Wake up.
It’s all around you. It’s inside yourself. When you find the love inside yourself, the love for yourself, for the sun, for the trees, for the breath that you exhale, you can finally live. I have found it. It’s not difficult. Let go of fake beliefs, expectations, and fears. Let go of those pointless tears. For whom are they shed?
And think. Think for yourself. What do you want?
I know what I want. I don’t think I want sensual love, love you can touch and love you can read and love you can take with you on a party or movie or beach. Though that would be nice. But still.
I want love I can FEEL.
Feel its breath become the atmosphere, feel its warmth in the sunrise outside my window, feel its presence with every motion of my hand and step of my foot, for in every second that I am alive, it lives with me, and thus I know I live.
What do YOU think love is?

JaxBby said...
I think love is only an idea. We think we find love but in all reality it's out mind tricking us into becoming completely dependant on someone and losing our sense of independance.

amanda_sedo23 said...
I agree. I think love is important. But definitely if you’re going to love someone, you have to love YOURSELF. Everyone is entitled to have love. To feel love. It’s a powerful thing. And shouldn’t be taken for granted.  

jocelynlara1j said...
i believe its very true; its true because it expresses the feeling behind what loves makes you feel and how you need to take care of it. that love is simply beautiful and has to be nuture from start to end just to make it last as long as possible

RAVENSHADOW said...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 7:59 am:
i agree there this saying that goes love is just a word untill someone comes alongs and gives it meaning.

SpeakingLifeofSerenity said...

Love:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres

~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

What does this all mean well when you love someone you are patient with them you love them and don't pressur... (more »)

SpeakingLifeofSerenity replied...
Nov. 29, 2011 at 3:22 pm :
sorry i guess i copied it opps....

MissDarkCross said...

I think love is when you find someone you care & love someone so much that you can't live without..or it aches when you wake up, knowing you can't be with the person you love etc.

Love is also something people take for advantage ;//

yousaypotato... said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 11:45 am:
what is love? baby dont hurt me, dont hurt me. no moreee.....

PinkDiamond66 said...

no one really knows what love is.

Myself as a Teen i know that heartache is out there, i have shed many tears over "love".  But oh well right we will be put through many trials.

<3Me

WindDancer said...
This is beautiful :)

moochiebabe93 said...
i think love is wounderfull amazing careing nd beautieful most people believe they are in love but tht is what they dnt understand love is deeper then just a few kisses nd hugges 

DaisyDay-DayC. said...
I think love will be deffined differently by everyone. I think it could be when something isn't perfect but you wouldn't change anything becauseit is already what you want.

ChevelleNichole<3 said...

"Reality tells me it’s parties, hangovers, arrests, and tears. More sour than the sea. More solitude than in an abyss."  
I love this part.

This article is amazing. I think love is nothing like what the public makes it seem. It's happiness in the purest sense possible within both people. Not some fairytale spawning from some over-hopeful, over-imaginative writer praying with every movie(or book) they produce something like love will happen to them. It's so much m... (more »)

smileysdeadvalentine said...
Sept. 28, 2009 at 10:16 am:
i think love is sweet, unpredictable, painful, fragile,blinds you,takes you from reality

Chelsea M. said...
I can't really say what I think love is. But I might say I think love is when you say, "I'll stay by your side no matter what. Through thick and thin. " I'm awating the day I find that special guy and sometimes I say, "I wonder where he is right now." So, I can't really say what I think love is.

chocolatechip replied...
Nov. 4, 2010 at 7:18 am :
i never really experienced love for myself.But i thinklove is a state of mind a place  where two people get to, where they share a unique bond that can't be broken or torn at.Love is to me the things you hate about  person  but you them at the same at to because they never change are always constant with that person.