Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

xDNiamh said...

i know where you're coming from with the whole, "why do boys only go for pretty girls?" its annoying and so true, especially if you're my age, which is 15. but i have blonde hair and blue eyes, and i am NOT one of those "pretty" girls. i think its stereotypical to think that all blonde girls are dumb and pretty and get whoever they want.. i've never had a proper boyfriend!

and as for boys always going for the pretty girls.. they're immature and they don't realise that personality is wh... (more »)

LaughsAlone said...
Uh, you kinda just called blondes and people with blue eyes a bunch of names...I'm both (although I'm dirty blond; not really the same) and that's not exactly something I chose or could help!  You're saying blondes don't deserve nice guys? And I've never seen guys prefer girls with those features anyway...not saying it doesn't happen, though... I'm pretty much an art geek, or would be called one, and not pretty at all despite having the features you stereotype as pr... (more »)

hurtangel said...
i totally get what ur saying but, to me, this seems kinda like ur kinda stereotyping all guys. in my opinion it sounds like ur writing about all the players in the world (or well some of them). like dont get me wrong, ur writing was amazing i just dont agree with ur opinion.

Chewie said...

Sorry, but I disagree.

First of all, maybe it's just me, but I'd preferr a woman with darker hair. But that doesn't matter, what matters is who the girl is, i.e. personality.

Secondly, although some men are shallow, not all are.

Finally, women can be just as shallow as men, of course not all women are shallow. But simply for the fact that I'm "unique" and I have possibly every culture in Europe and West Asia running in my genetics, most women seem to avoid me. Maybe it's ... (more »)

Chewie replied...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 2:02 pm :

By the way, if you click my name. The poem I posted was inspired by a girl who was likely shallow, but she knew how to play my heart.

Later she cheated on me, even after I'd defended her name, when my best friend told me that she was unfaithful. And well...words slipped out that I wish never would have. I never saw her after that. No she didn't commit suicide, she moved before I apologized

waiting for someone replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 2:12 pm :
chewie. i hope you get this.....i agree. lets talk. 8043863152

trumpetgirl711 said...
Or they go for the skinny girls and see no beauty in the bigger girls.

Jessica A. replied...
May 10, 2010 at 2:29 pm :

true true. i think that's really stupid though.

frnkplss55 said...
I absolutely, 100% AGREE with you. That happens at my school too. Although, it is the skinny girl that gets the guy which confuses me in any way possible. I mean, why can't a big boned, curly haired, yet still have a personality of their own get the guy? So confusing...nice writing too:)

deardiary said...
I have to say,its not all the guys fault they may look on the outside first. THe media tends to make looks matter the most, and the pressure to be w/ the popular and pretty girl and to climb the social ladde is always great. U looks can tell a prsn alot bout u tho. Sorry, maybe not ur looks but ur stlye.If ur dressin in vogue, or diff then everyone else it cud mean ur origianl and creative. If u dress s***ty it wud mean ur only looking for one thing. So i guess,ur appearance can matter in a... (more »)

ShaunShaefron said...

While I understand the thoughts you're trying to convey, on some points I strongly disagree.  I think that the whole 'blond-haired blue-eyed being the most beautiful' thing is a stereotype.

I prefer brown-haired girls in most instances, and that's still personal preference, but to me it doesn't seem like guys only go for the blondes.  The majority of the cheerleaders and popular girls at my school have brown hair.  Also cheerleader =/= popular.  Cheerl... (more »)

Dreamer5712 said...
I go to a school that's a lot different. At my school the guys date the girls who get in trouble, are hispanic, or extremely popular. Since most of the time im a loner with very light skin and have a practically perfect bahavior record im not on that list. Sure a few guys have asked me out but one was because he was trying to date every girl he could. the other was just to see if he could get a date with a girl. There is a guy i feel like im totally in love with mainly because he makes me feel l... (more »)

fictionlover10This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm a brunette with brown eyes, and no one has called me beautiful. Guys seem to have their own system of what makes someone pretty, but I haven't found any that go for personality....

WhiteShadow said...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 10:06 pm:
Alright I like any guy live up to the stereotype in a way but i get to know women for who they are and sometimes the socalled beautiful girls are "shallow" or "overprivilaged" because us guys are hormonally charged and look at features rather than personality but theres good guys out there that get to know girls for who they really are. But maybe your just looking for the wrong type of guy *shrugs*?

Striker said...
Mar. 18, 2010 at 9:53 pm:
A lot of guys are like that, but there are a few that will love a girl for who she really is, not her beauty. They don't deserve to be sterotyped.

firstsnowfalls This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 18, 2010 at 2:16 pm:
i think the question here is really: ARE there any nice teenaged guys who like girls for who they are and not what they look like

Jessica A. replied...
May 10, 2010 at 2:31 pm :
There is because i've met some guys that are really nice and etc. I think people just need to wait the right one will come.

stephxbee said...
Mar. 18, 2010 at 11:24 am:
I disagree with this. And I have a few reasons why:
1) It really does depend on the guy. I'm Filipina and I have brunette hair and brown eyes. The guys I've gone for and have gone out with, even my friends, don't even go for blonde girls. They like the Asian girls, like myself. So, it's the guy's preference.
2) Not all cheerleaders are blonde with blue eyes. I'm an "ex-cheerleader". I was good at the sport, but it just wasn't my interest... (more »)

Renegadegirl2012 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 22, 2010 at 3:25 pm :
I'm a cheerleader. I have brown hair and blue eyes. Guys don't usually notice me.

stephxbee replied...
Mar. 22, 2010 at 7:09 pm :
and that proves what my comment said was true :D not all cheerleaders live up to that waaaack stereotype that you see in the movies.