Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

Lissa239 said...
Guys go 4 girls they are interested in...and if they don't think u meet their standards, than dats that. Its life, and girls do the SAME thing with guys, they're just not noticing that!!!!!

Demyx replied...
May 6, 2010 at 4:15 pm :
Then guys must have standards for some people thinking that they are better than anyone else! I AGREE WITH VIRGINIAHEART!!!! 

thatguy replied...
May 24, 2010 at 3:04 pm :
i agree with Lissa239 girls def. do that to guys as well as guys do that to girls.  All it is is simple attraction stop putting so much thought into it, your wasting your time.  Also if a girl is cute, not necessarliy the hottest girl out there, and doesnt get all winy and into drama in relationships or life for that matter than she'll be close to irrisistable. girls that cant take jokes ruin everything..

Liozay123 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Well, I don't know so much about the "blound-hair~blue-eyes~cheerleader" stereotype (although I know that's not what you were trying to prove by this article.)  But it does seem like some guys (some!) do go by looks alone.  The dude who sits next to me in one of my classes told me that he prefers hot, petite Asian girls.  That's it.

Rebecca H. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I disagree. The blonde and blue eyed concept is really a stereotype, I don't know about you, but in my school, there's no real set ideal about who is pretty and who isn't. There are many people who have blonde hair, blue eyes but aren't popular, as well as there are brunettes, and pretty much any background that are popular.

ESmith95 said...
I dont think guys go for the blonde cheerleaders that are snobby. Guys like girls that relate to them and are yes some what good looking. Would you ever date some nasty gross guy? of course not! Ive dated enough guys to know that they like girls mostly for personality. Looks are just always a plus. Is there any guy out there that only dates blonde bimbos?! I didnt thinkso.

NoahT replied...
Apr. 27, 2010 at 9:50 am :
Haha, you've got it all wrong. Guys don't go for a girl just cause she's blonde, or just becuase she's a cheerleader, or just because she's "Popular". Guys go for whichever girl they find the most attractive, and we tend to dismiss those who we don't as anything more than friends. Therefore, if there aren't any guys drooling over you at your school, what are you worried about? It just means that they aren't interested and that you'll find a guy that is someday and you'll be that much better for ... (more »)

NoahT replied...
Apr. 27, 2010 at 9:52 am :
And by the way, the attractiveness I meantioned is not only physical. Its based on a wide variety of things

luvdance said...
Guys don't typically go for a girl's hair color and if they do then they are shallow. And another thing is I don't like cheerleaders being stereotyped cause I am one and we aren't all blonde and blue eyed.

angela15 said...

Guy's don't fall for a girl's hair colour.

Jessica A. replied...
May 10, 2010 at 2:28 pm :
some guys are dumb and fall for the blonde girls because they flirt a lot.

songofsadness replied...
May 20, 2010 at 6:11 pm :
KEY Words SOME Guys, i am a male and i go for the girls that i can relate to and share the simple pleasures in life

xDNiamh said...

i know where you're coming from with the whole, "why do boys only go for pretty girls?" its annoying and so true, especially if you're my age, which is 15. but i have blonde hair and blue eyes, and i am NOT one of those "pretty" girls. i think its stereotypical to think that all blonde girls are dumb and pretty and get whoever they want.. i've never had a proper boyfriend!

and as for boys always going for the pretty girls.. they're immature and they don't realise that personality is wh... (more »)

LaughsAlone said...
Uh, you kinda just called blondes and people with blue eyes a bunch of names...I'm both (although I'm dirty blond; not really the same) and that's not exactly something I chose or could help!  You're saying blondes don't deserve nice guys? And I've never seen guys prefer girls with those features anyway...not saying it doesn't happen, though... I'm pretty much an art geek, or would be called one, and not pretty at all despite having the features you stereotype as pr... (more »)

hurtangel said...
i totally get what ur saying but, to me, this seems kinda like ur kinda stereotyping all guys. in my opinion it sounds like ur writing about all the players in the world (or well some of them). like dont get me wrong, ur writing was amazing i just dont agree with ur opinion.

Chewie said...

Sorry, but I disagree.

First of all, maybe it's just me, but I'd preferr a woman with darker hair. But that doesn't matter, what matters is who the girl is, i.e. personality.

Secondly, although some men are shallow, not all are.

Finally, women can be just as shallow as men, of course not all women are shallow. But simply for the fact that I'm "unique" and I have possibly every culture in Europe and West Asia running in my genetics, most women seem to avoid me. Maybe it's ... (more »)

Chewie replied...
Apr. 17, 2010 at 2:02 pm :

By the way, if you click my name. The poem I posted was inspired by a girl who was likely shallow, but she knew how to play my heart.

Later she cheated on me, even after I'd defended her name, when my best friend told me that she was unfaithful. And well...words slipped out that I wish never would have. I never saw her after that. No she didn't commit suicide, she moved before I apologized

waiting for someone replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 2:12 pm :
chewie. i hope you get this.....i agree. lets talk. 8043863152

trumpetgirl711 said...
Or they go for the skinny girls and see no beauty in the bigger girls.

Jessica A. replied...
May 10, 2010 at 2:29 pm :

true true. i think that's really stupid though.

frnkplss55 said...
I absolutely, 100% AGREE with you. That happens at my school too. Although, it is the skinny girl that gets the guy which confuses me in any way possible. I mean, why can't a big boned, curly haired, yet still have a personality of their own get the guy? So confusing...nice writing too:)