Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

MoonlitRaven said...
Personally myself i like girls with deep auburn hair and green eyes, but overall to me it doesn't really make a difference. personallity is the best

The_End said...
The whole "blonde and blue-eyed" thing really stereotypes the whole thing, but all I can say for us guys is that not every guy is like that. Oh...and while this definitely applies to girls too, I have to say it's all about the choice of an individual, nothing more.

wildcat said...
i am a blonde girl with hazel eyes that change six diffenet colors, (which is irelevant i just love that fact about me and needed to share it before i made my point.) point is im not a cheerleader although i tired to be but the couc h said my back was too flexible, whatever that means, but i cant find a guy. havent had a boyfriend in about two years. I'm not popular but not a geek just person walking through the halls.... so see im one example of a blonde that doesnt get the guy....and i've had ... (more »)

chihuahuaman replied...
i bet your beautiful. and really two years??!! im so sorry T_T. u sound real cool to me.

wildcat replied...
haha aww thanks. and compared to the girls littered throughout my town id say im pretty real....

♥♫music4ever25♥♫ replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 2:15 am
you pretty much just summed up my life (right down to not being able to be on cheer because of some lame excuse of a coach) and i agree.

EmoToboe said...
May 12, 2010 at 10:16 am

Why are girls so confusing?

Sometimes they are there for you, when uncontrollable, unexpressed emotions are tearing you apart from the inside, you can take it any more and you give in to an explosion of swearing an tears. She is there with a concerned look, she stands next to you after class to make sure you are ok.

Later after you have mustered all of your courage in yourself, you confess your feelings for her. You are standing there with the fluttering in your heart; hope over... (more »)

brooklynn. said...
May 9, 2010 at 10:02 am
Not all guys are like that. Just like girls, there are a bunch of guys out there with great personalities. There's a huge variation to choose from! It seems like you're just looking at the ones who are snobby. Open your eyes, there's good guys everywhere, and some of them are cute too. This article's kind of degrading.

DaisyC. said...

It is totally crazy how much the blond hair blue eyes sterotype has corrupted our minds!

I mean there are girls who don't look this way and therefor fell under apreciated because of it.

And there are also guys who do go for the blond haired blue eyed girls (not all just some!!!) because that what our culturwe defines as beauty.

This is totally out odf control!!!

Rachael P. said...
so true so true stupid boys left me broken hearted. one day this guy is flirting with me next thing you know he acts like i dont even excist

Jessica A. replied...
Yeah, it happens to a lot of girls. :(

songofsadness replied...
i am a male and i like to think that i am not one of the guys that break girls hearts, i dont think i am that ignorant, i am an emotional guy so i like the emotional NON-Stuck up girls that can apreciate the more lower class plesuars like a hand writen love song

Rachael P. replied...
May 24, 2010 at 6:04 am
aawww that is cute =3 dont you dare change or i will computer slap you lol. but seriously dont guys like you are REALLY hard to find and your the best ones (guys that is)

CassieSherman14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree that they can be confusing but not all of them and that's not nessarily always true. It depends on the person. They don't just go for pretty girls, they also like people who are smart, nice, and talented at something.

lunar_moon said...

Alright, one, NOT ALL CHEERLEADERS ARE BRAINLESS. They actually have to get good grades to be on the team.

Second, a movie is a movie. These things do happen in life, just not in a 1 and a half hour montage, and not as dramatic.

Guys have different tastes okay? The "popular" guys have different reasons for liking the "blonde cheerleaders." A majority are just idiots who do drugs or drink, and they relate to the other "popular" gruggies.

TheMesserSandman replied...

Which is not a misandrist statement at all. Thank you for your patronage Ms. Moon, I can assure you that the world has been bettered by such words as "gruggie". Now exscuse me, I have to go do drugs and drink because I'm a guy.

On the bright side: at least your number of spelling mistakes wasn't a triple digit number.

lunar_moon replied...

Wow, I usually attack other people on their spelling and grammar mistakes. But thanks for being so understanding. Also can you point out all of the mistakes made? I really only see "gruggie." Unless you are also talking about grammar mistakes as well then perhaps. I didn't really pay attention to those.

Also I did not attack boys in general about doing drugs and drinking. Pay attention to what I typed. I said "popular" boys. The quotes were so that people realize that I'm talking about... (more »)

songofsadness replied...
i know pleanty of people that do drugs and there not popular they are just missunderstood i dont do drugs i am just missunderstood (i'm not a realy good speller but i am in 11th grade english)

lunar_moon replied...

Look, I am tired of trying to explain myself-which is really hard considering I am unable to put any real voice in my typed words. Please leave me at peace. People are different, so yes not of the people who do drugs are the "cool" people, but neither are they all the missunderstood. And relating to the actual article, not all people are easy to read so I really can't help the writer.

(By the way, I am really a nice and self-less in person, but TheMesserSandman didn't have to g... (more »)

Lissa239 said...
Guys go 4 girls they are interested in...and if they don't think u meet their standards, than dats that. Its life, and girls do the SAME thing with guys, they're just not noticing that!!!!!