Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

Aidyl BRONZE said...
on Sep. 10 2010 at 4:05 pm
Aidyl BRONZE, Oshawa, Other

"If you want a friend be a friend."

-Poster

"That's cool. Hey you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed!"
-Dwight Schrute The Office

I mostly agree with you about what you're saying about stereotypes, but I just wanted to mention that she says, "This was dedicated to a close friend of mind who feels this way." So the author might not actually feel that way. It just seemed a bit harsh.

on Sep. 10 2010 at 8:18 am
Ok sorry but you are completely a use of steretypes. I'm a cheerleader and a model and I happen to be a light brunnete with green eyes an natural red highlights. I am also a straight a nerd. SO I'm sorry but not all cheerleaders are blonde an blue eyed idiots. An all geeks are not ugly brunnete green eyed girls with only smarts. Ok? Its absolutely rude an offensive. SO what just because Im pretty or a cheerleader Im supposed to be an idiot?  Im sorry but thats not the way life is. Everyones a contraidction not one thing

shedevil said...
on Sep. 10 2010 at 7:52 am
shedevil, Spotsylvania, Virginia

I think you could haveworded this differently. some people take offense to this.

on Sep. 8 2010 at 12:09 pm
SilentSerenity BRONZE, Brookfield, Ohio

"A word to the wise isn't nessesary, its the stupid ones that need the advice."
Bill Cosby

not all guys are like this, yes looks do help, but for me, personallity is what does it. now yes, my ex. was blonde and a cheerleader/gymnast, but i figured these things out AFTER i started going out with her (for those that are questioning my last sentence we both went to an online school) we are now seperated, but it wasnt because she wasnt beutiful (she was) or that she had the wrong hair color or any of that, it was because she was going to a different school this year.

on Sep. 3 2010 at 10:39 am
Meggy129 BRONZE, Hebron, Illinois
I think you could have worded it little bit better then how you did because your stereotyping blondes and brunettes and It's just not at all true.Yes guys do go for the the pretty girls but like other have been saying thats the same for girls with guys. Now this is going to sound shallow but you have to have some sort of physical attraction towards a person otherwise it's just not going to work out. Honestly if the guy is going for the girl just because of her looks then he's obviously not the guy you want. There are guys out  there who do go for girls for personality as well as looks. But the guy that just goes for looks is just not worth your time.

on Sep. 1 2010 at 3:13 pm
brown.sugar BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

i lovin it

oh no. now im confused. you onty mentioned pretty girls with blonde hair and blue eyes. well in case you didn't notce there are PRETTY girls who are african american who ARE considerd Pretty. just letting you  know because your article offendsme and other girls 

on Aug. 30 2010 at 6:36 pm
okay, so i am a natural blonde with blue eyes and in no way am i considered "popular". i am also not dumb. and i have had a couple boyfriends but no more than any of my brunette friends. and i think this is kind of offensive to boys. not that part of it isnt true. boys do notice girls for their looks a lot, but so do girls. we all notice the boys that are "good looking" as much as we would like to think that all we want is a good personality, thats not all we are looking for and and it would be a lie to say u didnt care at all.

benny000 said...
on Aug. 30 2010 at 7:23 am
well yea true for the most part but also girls allways look for the good looking guys they allways say that they don't care for looks but everybody  know that is a lie girls allways want a guy who is sensative but they don't know how to look in the right place. In the real world most guys are either goodlooking or not but I can ssure you that the guys who are not won'y break your hearth

on Aug. 23 2010 at 9:35 pm
DaddyzUnwantedDolly PLATINUM, Raliegh, North Carolina

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."~ Dr. Seuss

I agree with the movie part, of course.

BUT. I am a natural blonde and dye my hair, usually, dark brown (my profile pic is actually me). Guys pay more attention to me with my hair brunette rather than blonde---

Therefore I don't neccesarily agree with this, but- good job.

on Aug. 23 2010 at 12:30 pm
NomLoveMonster SILVER, Florence, Arizona

"No one else will have me like you do, no one else will have me, only you."

I think it's funny, because in my case, my boyfriend's ex was brunette-brown eyed. &I'm brunette-brown eyed. But the thing is, she was the prep. &Honestly, I'm the punk, emo kid. My boyfriend is the QB on our JV football team. I don't think it really matters by hair or eye color. But I understand where you're coming from. Many blondes are just so...guh. I have blonde friends, but they aren't..THOSE blondes. XD <3

mishablondie said...
on Aug. 19 2010 at 3:01 pm
im blond and im pretty mush ahead of class and guess what its because im pretty smart and I TOTALY agree with you 

Stela SILVER said...
on Aug. 19 2010 at 9:18 am
Stela SILVER, Dubai, Other

You\'re not your job. You\'re not how much money you have in the bank. You\'re not the car you drive. You\'re not the contents of your wallet. You\'re not your f***ing khakis. You\'re the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. - Fight Club

Well, no they don't always go for the blond girls. The boys that are only into a girl for their looks are not someone you'd want to date anyway. But I know that not all guys are like that. And some prefer brunettes ;p

Kassie#1 said...
on Aug. 18 2010 at 6:12 pm
How you act. That is what the go for. And another thing Guys have only one thing on their mind when they are teens to old men. show your true self and you will get a true soulmate.

on Aug. 17 2010 at 8:26 am
MadisonReneeJane GOLD, Norman, Oklahoma

The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy. - Jim Rohn

Well, it's not like that. Appearance is mostly the way you yourself present yourself. Your appearance is your cover to your book, and believe is or not most boys will not like you if you have a dirty beat-up cover. I'm blonde, and most of the time I do not get the guy, but I don't obsess over it because I'm only 14 1/2 (not saying you are). It's fun to date but really, who wants to date a jerk like you're describing? Good guys are hard to find, but you just have to tough it out and actually look.

on Aug. 15 2010 at 6:12 pm
liv.laf.love13 SILVER, El Paso, Texas

MUSIC IS THE CURE!!

exactly makes me feel like crudd when they dont

on Aug. 14 2010 at 8:05 pm
AgnotTheOdd GOLD, Aptos, California

"The reason for your unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason that I have reason to complain of your reason" ~ Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Ah ok

That being said, I agree with you.

on Aug. 14 2010 at 6:37 pm
JeremyHerbert PLATINUM, Fairview Park, Ohio
Sorry, AgnotTheOdd.  I didn't mean to reply to your post; I missed the New Comment button.  So any of my arguments aren't directed at you, but the article.

on Aug. 14 2010 at 6:34 pm

Let's back the generalization truck up a minute.

Give me a pair of bottle green eyes and coffee brown hair any day.  The hair, the eyes, or any other body part don't matter nearly as much as the girl that has them.

There are popularity hounds, sure, but not all guys are scum.  At least I don't think I'm not.  Could be wrong I guess...

on Aug. 10 2010 at 12:25 am
AgnotTheOdd GOLD, Aptos, California

Whoa whoa whoa hold on a minute bucko.  I'd like to point out my girlfriend has grey eyes.  Not blue

That being said, i think this is a pretty gross over-generalization.  Guys do care about appearance, but thats not to say we don't care about personality either.  I'm just speaking for myself but if a girl is attractive but unintelligent, I'm not going to go into a relationship with her.  And if you still think that this is bad take solace in Shakespeare "For beauties do themselves forsake, and die as fast as they see others grow"  Sonnet 12 i think

im_me BRONZE said...
on Aug. 9 2010 at 4:46 pm
im_me BRONZE, Lakeview, Michigan

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; But often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us”

I know! i dont think its fair they should give us a chance