Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

G-Ann BRONZE said...
on Nov. 20 2010 at 10:44 pm
G-Ann BRONZE, Springfield, Illinois

Pretending to be normal gets tiring.
Make love,Not war!

i think it's cause  of the people that talk bout all the ugly... not so cool girls so... they have to have cheerleaders... I'm a cheerleader  and a geek and a skater but my bf just left me for my best frand!

on Nov. 17 2010 at 10:20 am
i cnt tlk to him bc hes completely blind to it and thnks shes doin nuthin wrong and gets mad wen i get mad at it and he thnks im tryin to argu and im not i jus dnt want this girl all over him......

on Nov. 15 2010 at 1:35 pm
BrainsANDBeauty PLATINUM, Donnellson, Iowa

I knew that guy when he was a caterpillar, you know, before he 'came out'

This should be a forum.  Not a writing.

pookie11 said...
on Nov. 13 2010 at 2:07 pm
pookie11, Yhffsfgdg, Virginia

"Don't wanna break your heart
I wanna give your heart a break
I know you're scared it's wrong
Like you might make a mistake
There's just one life to live
And there's no time to wait, to waste
So let me give your heart a break"

talk to him. almost the same thing happend to me and now he's my ex and we grew so far apart. i miss him so much :(

on Nov. 10 2010 at 1:35 pm
sooooo ok i go out wit this super cute guy who i realli like and everythings perfect except his "bestfriend" katie and yea shes a girl is ALWAYS ALL OVER HIM and im not  the jealous type but i guess i feel like shes gana take him cuz there so close and they've known each antoher longer and wen i snaaped on her and tld her to stop she did but tyler got mad and she  started flirtin again and now idk wat to do cuz i dnt want tyler to get mad at me but i realli cnt stand her !!!!!! omg please sumbodi help!!

on Nov. 10 2010 at 1:32 pm
 ummmmm yea ur prolly a blonde so shut up

on Nov. 9 2010 at 3:20 am
Tatyana DIAMOND, Colorado, Colorado

i totally disagree because pretty girls arent always the way your describng them to be

on Nov. 8 2010 at 7:08 pm
MaskedCellist GOLD, Saratoga, California
I think you should just make sure he knows you're there and you love him. If you just ask him out, it may be jmping back in to things to quickly. But then again, everyone is different.

marquash000 said...
on Nov. 4 2010 at 9:57 am
ok i have boy problem i really like this boy who we been friends since 6th grade we went out and we broke each other hearts we both talk on the phone everyday and kiss on the lips sometime i know we both like each other but i dont know if i should ask him out myself cuz i really want us to go back together and be happy what should i do?

ILIKePIEZ said...
on Oct. 31 2010 at 2:58 pm
I am a girl and i so agree with you. Ive only dated one boy in my life and he made me feel so welcome.... then he made out with my best friend. I had brown-blonde hair with brown eyes she had blonde hair blue eyes. I figured out that i dont need boys to be happy. If i have friends/family im ok

on Oct. 30 2010 at 3:46 pm
I don't think that the hair coulour and eye colour is the issue at hand: What I think what is true though is that guys go for all the same girls and when you're not one of those girls you can't help but wonder what's wrong with you?

on Oct. 28 2010 at 3:37 pm
I DEFTINLY DO NOT , AND I REPEAT, DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU!!!

lonelyboy said...
on Oct. 28 2010 at 3:25 pm
hey candieapple, i never had a girlfriend, so, would you go out with me. i don't notice the body, i notice whats inside.and i also noticethe beauty on the inside.

on Oct. 27 2010 at 1:11 pm
Lunis_Alucard GOLD, Acworth, Georgia

"It was night, and the rain fell; and falling, it was rain, but, having fallen, it was blood" ~ Silence - A Fable by Edgar Allan Poe

I understand what you're saying and I have friends who have been down/going down the same road, but I think this is really one sided. There are guys out there who actually care about a girl's feelings, however I see girls complaining about how they can't find a decent guy who will listen to them and love them for who they are, yet they only date jocks or bad boys or guys who they know will cause drama and stress in their life. Any guy can be your "knight in shining armour" but you have to give him a chance

on Oct. 24 2010 at 3:26 pm
Opinionated GOLD, Brantford, Other

~Change what you can and accept what you cannot change.~
~If you love someone, let them free. If they come back, it's meant to be.~
~Cease refusing to believe that in what you have created.~

Green eyes and brown hair= WAY HOTTER than blonde hair and blue eyes. Just saying. :)

on Oct. 20 2010 at 9:05 pm
ClaytonClayton, Atlanta, Texas
By picky I meant deep

on Oct. 20 2010 at 9:04 pm
ClaytonClayton, Atlanta, Texas
Well I guess I am safe, I am too picky to be shallow

mysteryman said...
on Oct. 18 2010 at 3:40 pm
i was just asking because i never had a girlfriend.

mysteryman said...
on Oct. 18 2010 at 3:15 pm
I DO NOT KNOW WHY!

on Oct. 17 2010 at 10:15 am
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York

Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

k, i know ur entitled to ur opinion, and thats ok. But dont get the idea in ur head that ALL guys r like that. Ur taking ur opinion from the cynical version of a movie: cheerleader & guy=love, but brunette get guy in end. Then ur opinion: Why cant reality b like that?

In truth, love, high or middle school isnt based on cheerleader stereotypes or geek ones either.

What if the cheerleader was a brunette? What if the guy fell for neither the cheerleader OR the geek?

Life & love isnt based on the movies.

Attraction, chemistry, they could be in anyone. You, a red head, ANYONE

One day u'll find love, and it probably wont b based on looks.

:)