Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

Risingsoul said...
Guys like the cheereleeders now because they are confident, I know, I have cheereleeders for sisters, and they get a lot of boys, but I see that they dont keep relationships long. Once guys mature, they start looking for forever kind of relationships. Thats when girls like us shine. :)

marzapan replied...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 2:49 pm :

i agree, pretty girls cant keep the boys forever. and wen the boys get their hearts broken by a pretty little blonde chearleader, our true colors will stick out.

lesh. said...
I don't agree with this. I think it's that those "cookie cutter cheerleaders" have more confidence in themselves. They are taught that they are what guys want and so we are conditioned to be down on ourselves and they are conditioned to be confident. Boys like confidence. In my opinion anyway. I know a lot of brunettes with green, blue or brown eyes that have gotten their fair share of gorgeous guys nice guys. We can't blame it on looks. Not all guys like blondes.

maglove97 said...
I have brown curly hair and blue eyes.  I'm in the middle, some guys like me, but never the totally gorgous ones, always the semi weird ones... Except my boyfriend :P

GettingStronger said...
I love this. I have brown hair &+ brown eyes, i'm finally with the one I truly care about... but before he was with a girl that had blue eyes &+ blonde hair.

marzapan replied...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 2:50 pm :

wooooo, go brunetes! blondes cant keep the boys under their wings forever.

ShelbyMarie93 replied...
Jan. 13, 2011 at 3:07 pm :
Really?? What does hair color have to do with it? I'm a blonde with hazel eyes and im not a cheerleader. Sure guys are confusing, but the ones shallow enough to care about hair color an't be considered guys anyways...more like imature boys. That's my opinion.

marzapan replied...
Jan. 13, 2011 at 4:08 pm :

i mean no offence to blondes, most boys just seem to like them better

daneshzg replied...
Jan. 13, 2011 at 10:31 pm :
colour has nothing to do with why a guy would like a girl... its many things, like attitude, reaction, and mostly how you feel around the girl. most guys would go for the girls that make them feel good, and leave behind pleasant memories.

daneshzg replied...
Jan. 13, 2011 at 10:33 pm :
Most girls that guys consider as girlfriends are actually just like best friends of the same gender...

Shelby S. said...
I agree with this article completely. I'm a brunette and a total nerd so I don't really have a lot of guys falling all over themselves to meet me. Guys are really confusing.

marzapan replied...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 2:51 pm :
ditto, whenever guys like me, they are either but ugly, totaly wierd, or messed up in the head. y r they so confusing

BrunetteSweetie171 said...
Ok so im not quite a cookie-cutter cheerleader... Im a brunette with green eyes and although I have a couple guys after me I am really crazy for one and he doest like me ... so these stories about the cheerleader always gets the guy are all lies ... and hes not some jock ... he is a blonde haired blue eyed country boy and I cudnt like him any more ... so dontdon't believe all sterio types you hear cuz there are always exceptions :) good luck

buzzlikebea This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I'm blonde, and I have blue eyes, and I can assure you that I do not have boys throwing themselves at me.  

And, honestly, we aren't really any less shallow than boys are.  Every girl out there has this idealized version of the perfect guy; six-pack abs, sensitive, trustworthy, and only has eyes for you.  But that's just what it sounds like, to good to be true.

Babygirl809 said...
As a girl I have to say that we are shallow too. we go for the hot, popular jocks. im not saying guys aren't cause they are even more than girls....sometimes. we say looks don't matter but they do. If you enter a room and u look around for someone to talk to, u'll go the cute guy or girl first. Its human nature. 

LetLoveLive said...
Boys always go after blondes yes, but I have a boy going after me and I am a brunette, and he tries to get me to be jealous by saying he is going out with a blonde when he is not. True, boys only care about being popular.

TheWordSmith said...

"Pretty" is such a general word. Each boy defines "pretty" in a different way. Some boys are superficial and goes for the girls with the best looks, but very few do. Most boys define "pretty" as a nice smile and friendly personality.

The "flirtatious, blonde-hair, blue-eye cheerleader" is a total stereotype. I am a brunette, but I still disagree with it completely. I know countless blondes who don't fit that stereotype in any way whatsoever!

marzapan replied...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 2:53 pm :

i agree

Patriots said...
Dec. 10, 2010 at 7:36 am:

I think that it is very rude that boys like me only date blonde and others. I don't date.

Sockmonkeys replied...
Dec. 13, 2010 at 7:27 pm :
I'm not trying to cause bad feelings, but y do u believe it is truly rude to guys, if they only choose the blonde girls instead of the brown haired girls (like me). Like I said I'm not trying to cause bad feelings, I just want to understand y u believe it is rude. :)

Killy Keebler said...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:06 am:
That is sorta rude to the blonde haired blue eyed girls. My friend is blonde haired blue eyed girl and she is not so happy with her life right now. That is not how everthing ends.