Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

Fate98 GOLD said...
on Jun. 1 2011 at 8:36 am
Fate98 GOLD, Glasgow, Other

"Life isn’t about how popular you are… What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts.. and our minds. This is the reason we sing.. this is the reason we cry… this is why we live." - Andy six"

It's some sort of law of life that the Man and women never understand each other. It must be the missing 11th comandment thy man and woman are never to understand one another

jamesbondage said...
yeah we just want slobs on our nobs you are the ones who want relationships

on May. 24 2011 at 10:07 am
WE Man Are not confusing!!! Its simple WE MEN are stronger faster and  smarter than woman so bow down on your knees and give me a royal BJ!!

carol123 said...
OK, have you ever seen A Cinderella Story? Hillary Duff gets the guy. And I'm blonde with green eyes, and I am not a cheerleader. Cheerleaders just have a lot o self-confidence. Not all of them are snobs. But you definatly have a point, the guys do go for the pretty and popular.

HopelessRomantic1 SILVER, Reno, Nevada

"Love is like the wind, I can't see it, but I can feel it". -- Nicholas Sparks from "A Walk to Remember"

aww :) you are so sweet :) i have a lot of friends who can't date, but i'm sure that you will find the right guy, and if, when you are allowed to date, someone doesn't love you for you, just remember that he's not good enough. (And with today's teenage boys, we all know that there are a lot of jerks out there) (i wrote an essay about those mean boys and posted it, it's called boys get some manners... PLEASE COMMENT <3)

alexandria said...
i have a question why do you guys only talk about guys and why are they so confusing not all guys are confusing girls are sometimes confusing!

alexandria said...
ahhh you are soo lucky my mom won't even let me date :(   p.s your ex is really really really stupid but i am happy you have a boyfriend :)

alexandria said...
haha soooo funny :) ( ever since blonde joke)  p.s i know some blondes and they are not jelous of me ( i'm a brunette)

alexandria said...
yeah good advice it is there loss not yours

MacaroniMan said...
MacaroniMan, Lincoln University, Pennsylvania

The more you know about the past the better prepared you are for the future.

-F.D.R.

I am not one of those boys.I like unpopular girls more than popular ones. In my mind you proably are really beautiful and always believe it.

Bobbie345 said...
In all fairness, I think she's talking about the stereo-typical-tv-portrayed blonde-haired-blue-eyed-girl. Not the literal person. But what the stero type of what those girls are. The ones who are easy and have as much personality as a wall but never have a hair out of place and faces so slathered with make-up you don't even know what they really look like but they still get the guy. That's what she's talking about... give her a break!

DillN GOLD said...
DillN GOLD, Centerville, Iowa
not all guys are like that. And some girls are. I am a guy and i look for personality. And to be honest some guys are just shy and scared to talk to the pretty girls. They may feel as if there not good enough. and as for the guys that only look for looks there usually dbags. there are plenty of nice guys out there just look around. The sad thing is those guys are usually the less attractive guys or are the ones that girls ignore

Cole Wetzel BRONZE, Gap, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Listen girlfriend!  That is sooo not true! I am a person of male species, and I'm not confusing.  Also, there are many cheerleaders that are not blonde. You didn't know that? Hmm?  I'm sorry that your boyfriend left you for a cheerleader.  But, that's only one person. Good writing by the way. I feel ya! :D

MKimmi said...
MKimmi, NY, New York
LOL I guess that would be nice to read, thought I would sympathetic with the girls side...seeing I'm a girl and not very likely to get a guy

MKimmi said...
MKimmi, NY, New York
well, at least there are soem guys that doesn't really look at looks only, thats nice, im well rested :P

MKimmi said...
MKimmi, NY, New York
r u a guy?

JoeyLogano said...
Wow. Jealous much? Hun, if you really want a guy, GET TO KNOW HIM FIRST! Guys aren't gonna fall for you just because you're pretty. And if they are, then they're obviously d-bags and not good enough for you :p

on May. 2 2011 at 7:17 am
ClaraRose SILVER, Glasgow, Other

"It's not what we are born, but what we grow to be."

"you think that because I am Poor, Obscure, Plain and little, that I am Soulless and Heartless. I have just as much soul as you and full as much heart"

Boys have a right to feel however they wnat about anyone, it just sound like all of you are jealous of these people, what you don't know is that you are probaly more fun to be around, smarter and have a better personality just leave them to it, Its their loss

jasonsbabe1 said...
i really aqree

on Apr. 20 2011 at 1:30 am
StrictlyWorse BRONZE, Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania

"I am gonna make it through this year, if it kills me" -John Darnielle

I concour with this gentleman^