Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

normgrl said...

Well, that's rather stereotypical. Yes, a majority of the male population prefers cute rather than brains. However, there are also the type of guys who care more about a girl's personality -- if she can make him laugh...smart...caring...

All you have to do is open your eyes and look. Remember: Don't judge a book by its cover.

The right guy, the one who will love you for who you are, might be just around the corner. You just have to put aside whatever insecurity or what no... (more »)

normgrl replied...

Thanks lovetowrite22. :) 

...sigh...just gotta open your eyes...

lovetowrite22 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
haha ya anytime! and i know:( ughhh.

Forrest L. replied...
Well said. Im a guy and I have to agree with this. As we get older it gets different. AND we actually do get more mature and open our eyes beyond a girl's beauty. 

normgrl replied...
yep...i guess it just takes awhile for most, right? but you get there soon enough to sweep the girl off her feet ;)

ssilikepie said...

I know that feeling and i agree 110% just because the boy has to feel popular so they always go out with the girls that are only pretty on the outside and they are ugly on the inside

Faey101 replied...
Apr. 2, 2011 at 12:09 am
I know that feeling to but all u need to do is be yourself... if he doesn't fall for it.. well.. he's missing out and obviously isn't the one for you... maybe..;)

skdjfhsal said...
Everybody thinks that. Just because I am blonde, blue eyed, straight A, and petite does not mean I get the guys I want. The guy I want is too much of a wimp to say anything. The guys that do like me, I am not going to hurt them by dating them when I like some1 else.

sweetypie said...
Mar. 21, 2011 at 12:07 am

what if guys always go for you when you got a boyfriend guys are confusing

princess6 said...
I'm a petite (5'4) brown haired and brown eyed girl. I have guys liking me, and maybe if I gave them the time of day I would have a boyfriend..and yes most of the guys are attractive. My poiint is it isn't all based on hair color some guys like brunettes/black hair  others like blondes and others redheads and for eye color I used to kill for colored eyes like blue or green, so consider yourself lucky but i've learned to like my eyes and to realize that my big brown eyes stand they out much ... (more »)

Kimalima said...
Listen. Im blond. Guys arent crzy about me. All of the 'popular' girls at my school except one have brown hair. Still, I don't care whether or not every guy likes me. In the end, a good guy will like you for more than just your looks, anyway.

midnitewanderer replied...
true that:)

bubblesrox10 said...
Mar. 13, 2011 at 11:41 am
im a brunette with blue eyes and although im a cheerleader, im the only girl on the straight A honor roll and im a math geek.... so one would think i have boys lining up to ask me out, but thats not the case. i have struggled for the last 2 years and finally got the guy i like. so this is only partly true.

Culmerboii said...
Im a boy, and my opinion to this which only regards to myself is that. Its not that there the prettiest, its that she knows shes pretty. Girls that know there pretty make them abit stuck up. Making it harder for a boy to get with them. Kinda like a challenge for the difficult "pretty" girl rather then the girl that would die if they were even to talk to them.

wolfy said...
you go girl. that is so true

Jordan H. said...
I totally agree with this! Why do boys go for the pretty girls especially skinny girls. I don't think boys get that the only thing that matters is personalliyty

bluepug18 said...
You seem to have a skewed perspective of reality, or your 'friend'. Of course there are always people, guys and girls, that will only stay focused on status and that will always be true, even for you. It's human nature to look for the ideal mate, and the fact that this guy paid more attention to the popularity side of status is disappointing but not the end of the world. Certainly, the generalization that all guys are like this is just not true. The problem is that you or your friend have chosen... (more »)

chevy said...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 10:47 am
its just the way they are :(

Paul P. said...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 9:16 am
 for blond girls... that's the last choice would take your too harsh guys

OpenHeart13 said...
Not all guys are like that. I know plenty that wouldnt ever base something on looks. Yeah thats part of it but every guy doesnt think the same and do disagree when it comes to whos cute and whos not.

ksfh replied...

Ya, maybe cause they only know hot ones so it doesnt matter which one they get with. THink about it.