Over The Years...

I remember when I used to look down this road and I saw all of my friends with all their morals held tightly next to their hearts. But now just a few years later I realized that those morals have faded, and have slowly began to separate from their hearts. The reasons for? I'm not really quite sure. But, I would assume, it's from others pushing them to be like everyone else. Peer pressure, the feeling/need to fit in, to be popular. Or maybe it's experiences that have led them to a crossroad, in which they chose the wrong path, which ended up being the hardest one to get off of. It's sad to look around now, especially when I walk down this road, because only a few are left their standing with me, with
their morals, and their goals still held tightly next to their hearts. Their convictions and beliefs have held steady over the years, and that's more then I can say for everyone else. But I know as time goes on that this road will become even more barren than it already is. And I actually know the reason why this is. It's because people change over time. Especially at the years I'm currently standing in front of. They become the people they are going to be for the rest of their lives. They have lived long enough to see what is alright, and what isn't. But they have also become numb to these things. You may be asking yourself how this may be, but it all boils down to how they chose to live their lives, and how they grew up. Starting off with who they chose to spend their time with. Because whether you know it or not these people condition you to see the world in different eyes. They slowly make you believe their beliefs, teach you that the things that you once thought were wrong, are now right. Which means that you've lost sight of who you wanted to become... and I'm afraid that once you lose it, you can't ever get it back. So I must remember what I wanted to be as a child, and also not buy into the propaganda that we have been fed by our society. The propaganda they feed us every day. That we need to be like everyone else in order to "fit in". and that, dreams, are just that, dreams. But that's not what I have chosen to believe. I believe that if you dream long enough, and put all your heart, and everything you are into to it, that it will come to be. That you'll sore to heights never seen before. That you'll reach limits that never were, and most importantly you'll remind people of the things they once dreamed about becoming, so that they too, can achieve their dreams, and continue to spread dream, until we get to the point where nothing, is impossible.

Sliva23 said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 10:08 am:
Its really true...when i was a little girl i always wanted to be a writer or an artist and one day i hope to achieve this even if im old and wrinkley

Ashely said...
are you talking about sex? or about every thing all together

Mystery_Girl said...
Oct. 13, 2009 at 7:22 am:
How true this is. I have watched it with my friends and I each day.....good job capturing the truth of it!

steph10 said...
OMG....i love this article!!!its so true...it makes u think...and some people need that!!!

Caty C. said...
i loved it.. can't wait for more keep up the good work!