The Way Boys and Girls Are Becoming

There is a boy in my class that I realy like but one of my good friends is his girlfriend.That friend always gets the boys.It upsets me that it is so easy for her to get a boyfriend.My mom said the reason that a lot of boys will date her because she is easy.I know that but it still makes me mad that she gets to have anyone she wants as a boyfriend.I hope she doesn't turn out that way but that is the way she is heading.Maybe one day she will notice that after the boys get what they want out of her that they want care about her anymore and they will go to the next girl that is just as easy as her.I just hope she relizes that.I don't like the way some girls and boys are becoming.Plus I hope they all know if they keep acting that way they will always be unhappy.

lovehate29This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 2, 2009 at 11:07 am:
That is so true about teenagers these days.

SeptemberCrew This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 5:32 am:
You have a good idea to start with, but you need to work on punctuation/spelling/phrasing. Your point will be more effective once you implement a more concrete style. Think about the "voice" of your essay. Props for submitting to TeenInk!

Helena J. said...
i fell in love with a guy his name is julian. we had gone through a lot in a month...my past came back and some how seperated us . i never saw him again i cant forget him....its been three years and my heart still beats his name. is it wrong??????? i tried to move on to stop the but i cant do it.....i have a boy friend but its not the same..

aleelee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 2, 2009 at 5:37 pm :
i'm going through the same thing....it's crazy right? how much people can hurt you, yet you still love them...

withoutamuse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This seems like a rather elementary realization. Being one half of a relationship is not what being in high school is all about. Do the things you enjoy before you are too preoccupied with someone else's wants and needs. Enjoy being young; enjoy being single. Love comes in time. Stop looking for it... and maybe you'll have the opportunity to grow into the person you'll need to be when you actually find it.

DreamGlider said...
Sept. 8, 2009 at 8:24 am:
I'm glad you realize this. Calling your friend "easy" is uncalled for. Sometimes people search for the love they lack in the only ways they know how to. For her, maybe that one night stand is better then being alone. It's a warped kind of logic but for you to be there for her would be more then anything else you can do. Boy's are very hungry beings generally and they're at their peak when they're in their teenage years. Part of the problem is they aren't h... (more »)

Jennifer B. replied...
Sept. 8, 2009 at 7:49 pm :
yeah what she said

BreBre:) replied...
Sept. 9, 2009 at 1:53 pm :
Dreamglider you have one of the greatest points.It was uncalled for to call my friend easy.It just seems that she does it just so other people can't get the boy.Even so it was uncalled for.Thanks for helping me relize that:-)

A-Little-Spark This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 15, 2009 at 1:18 am :
it's 'realize', btw

AnnonymousFate replied...
Nov. 15, 2009 at 7:56 pm :
We know what she meant

naminesfriend replied...
Jun. 23, 2010 at 11:31 pm :
I... agree with DreamGlider. It's just that I think before anyone should think about getting in a relationship, they should have self confidence, enough to know they deserve the world and more. The fact is, its really a good thing that boys who generally want 'easy' girls don't look your way. Because they really don't deserve your time, and you should let your friend know they have to earn a certain trust before anything happens in a relationship. Men must earn the girl, and recognize she is a p... (more »)