Pain

What's worse? Being hurt or hurting someone? Its our natural instinct to protect ourselves from harm, danger, pain. But if in your path to protect yourself, you hurt someone else, what does that mean? Does it make you a terrible person? Or does the idea of natural selection come into play? The idea that if you are too weak to handle the pain you deserve to feel it. I don't believe in any sort of suffering, but unfortunately it's the only certainty in life. The fact that no matter who you are, how charmed your life is, you will experience pain. Whether it is through the hurtful words of a friend, the scorn of a lover, the disapproval of a parent, or the inevitable disappointment that life brings. You, along with everyone else, is in pain, we all suffer, we are all always hurting...

dintandmint This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
These words are so raw and full of feeling, well done! This is where black and white suddenly becomes a shade of gray in perception.

G-Ann said...
i love it !!

Katheryn said...
I SO understand you! you build up a whole suit of armor so that no one can hurt you. Then someone wanders into your life , you give them a piece of you - they didnt ask for it . then hurt you. Been there before...

teeninkwriter replied...
Exactly. That happens all the time in this day and age. Love the article btw its so honest

Pashia said...
life hurts but then someoone will pick you and then here comes reality... pain isnt good.YeS it hurts.. theres different kinds of pain though. like love pain. hating pain. fighting pain. the thing that hurts the most about pain is you hurting someone. then you realized how much they hurted and next thing you'll no your the one whos getting hurt..

PoetOfNyx16 said...
life is alwasy full of ups and downs. some times need to think about what path you're taking before you take it. but never overthink if you will hurt someone in the process because if you do, you'll never act

DreamGlider said...
the only thing certain in life is uncertainty. everyone makes mistakes and everyone has to feel pain but that shouldnt stop you from savoring the good in life.

OmazingTwins!! said...
Sept. 30, 2009 at 11:13 am
yeah everyone has pain but what you do with it is your choice and can make it hurt less

peace 4 life said...
Sept. 29, 2009 at 11:56 am
I love your piece of writing i thought i could connect to everyone however, it is not certain that ever single person in the world is going 2 end up suffering in the end. i admit you get hurt or disappointed at times but not everything in life is going to suck

Angel*music*lover This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think that you aren't a bad person if you choose to protect yourself. I have been hurt for being so blind and naive to the obvious. Now I have to look for what's right before my face and I unconsciously do things to protect myself. I do believe that true love is the one thing that can help me through though. And not all love means pain and hurting. Love is where we least expect it.