Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

sophza said...
I think that love could happen in high school under the right circumstances, and yet so often I find girls who think that they should just sit there and wait for that right circumstance. Sitting gets you no where. If you are truly that obsessed with finding love, be ACTIVE.

TheRacoon said...
As long as you have a brain (I'm talking human brain cuz I dunno about others) then you can love.  Love is chemicals in the brain that make us well, love.  A 5 year old can fall in love with another 5 year old and it can possibly be as strong as that love between two 30 year olds or 50 year olds or 80 year olds.  Expression and recognision of love is different but it's always there.

TheEarlofZerces said...
Hmmmm, it really is an interesting question, and it reminds me of something my father once told me, when we witnessed some one leaving his bride at the alter due to his own craven cowardice. He (my father, that is) said to me that happiness is fleeting, but that doesn't mean that it's meaningless. And that doesn't mean that one should avoid happiness to avoid pain. In the end, happiness only fades when you stop working at it. And, I guess that if there are people that will continue to work at it... (more »)

kekeshawty:) replied...
Nov. 7, 2011 at 8:27 am
.Ii real belive in teenage love its real not puppy love!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheEarlofZerces replied...
Um, yes. Isn't that what I was just saying? That teenage love is actually plausible?

steffdawgg replied...
I think there's both. There's true teen love, and there's the puppy love. Many people that have bad experiences believe that every relationship is puppy love and fake, but that's a dis to many out there, including me.

veeevianlee said...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 7:41 am
I believe in teenage love. Not crushes. 

IceFox416 said...
I believe in teenage love . . . but I don't think people really start to fall in love untill maybe 16. The early teenage years are mostly spent trying to figure out what "love" really is. I don't think people really fall in love untill they are comfortable with their feelings and know what love really means to them. Before that, I don't think people really fall into "true" love.

poop546 replied...
i love poop, poop is tastey, poop poop poop poop green poop is the best poop poop pooop

crazy one replied...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa tat is funnie ure like my brother

Ally1832 said...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 9:07 am
I believe in it. It's true.

a tiger said...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:07 am
i dont belive in it its totaly to young

CleverScreenName said...
I really liked this article! Short, sweet, and straight to the point. I LOVED how you stood up for our generation. I feel that most of the time adults AND teenagers alike are the first ones to criticize how immature our generation is when it comes to love, as if we know absolutely nothing and for some miraculous reason will figure out the whole meaning of love when we're about 28 and ready to marry. Thanks so much for this!

Pawje said...
I believe in teenage love. I've been dating this great guy for almost a year now and I completly believe I'm in love with him. We broke up once but then realizing we couldn't be without eachother, we got back together a month later. I was a freshman and he was a junior in highschool at the time when we first met. Now being 15 and him being 17, our relationship is wonderful. and i agree with Writergirl14..you can't tell someone they dont love another because you don't know how they feel in their ... (more »)

dk232 replied...
i agree with you also pawje as well as writegirl14

lemonbeagle3 said...
my parents started dating when they were 15. 

Writergirl14 said...
I Believe in teenage love. You can't tell someone they don't love another. You dont know what's going on in their hearts or how they feel about the other person.

daughterofeve14 replied...
Oct. 17, 2011 at 9:26 am
100% agree. Amd I think love is also a choice, because I mean you see teens break up because the feeling leaves and then you see them get back together because the feelings come back. I think you love by choice AND feeling.

StarryRoss said...
I think more often than not, teenage love and first love gets kind of confused and mixed up in our heads, especially since its this whilrwind of new, wonderful feelings. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, i'm saying people jump the gun a lot, and aren't quite sure what exactly it is, whether they think they are in love or not. It definitely has a strong presence in our world, and you can fall in love as a teenager and stay in love definitely. Actually, today's me and my boyfriend's 6th month. :... (more »)

she-is-a-strange-duck said...
I believe teenage love is absolutely real.