Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Ally1832 said...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 9:07 am:
I believe in it. It's true.

a tiger said...
Oct. 26, 2011 at 9:07 am:
i dont belive in it its totaly to young

CleverScreenNameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I really liked this article! Short, sweet, and straight to the point. I LOVED how you stood up for our generation. I feel that most of the time adults AND teenagers alike are the first ones to criticize how immature our generation is when it comes to love, as if we know absolutely nothing and for some miraculous reason will figure out the whole meaning of love when we're about 28 and ready to marry. Thanks so much for this!

Pawje said...
I believe in teenage love. I've been dating this great guy for almost a year now and I completly believe I'm in love with him. We broke up once but then realizing we couldn't be without eachother, we got back together a month later. I was a freshman and he was a junior in highschool at the time when we first met. Now being 15 and him being 17, our relationship is wonderful. and i agree with Writergirl14..you can't tell someone they dont love another because you don't know how they feel in their ... (more »)

dk232 replied...
Nov. 8, 2011 at 2:32 pm :
i agree with you also pawje as well as writegirl14

lemonbeagle3 said...
my parents started dating when they were 15. 

Writergirl14 said...
I Believe in teenage love. You can't tell someone they don't love another. You dont know what's going on in their hearts or how they feel about the other person.

daughterofeve14 replied...
Oct. 17, 2011 at 9:26 am :
100% agree. Amd I think love is also a choice, because I mean you see teens break up because the feeling leaves and then you see them get back together because the feelings come back. I think you love by choice AND feeling.

StarryRoss said...
I think more often than not, teenage love and first love gets kind of confused and mixed up in our heads, especially since its this whilrwind of new, wonderful feelings. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, i'm saying people jump the gun a lot, and aren't quite sure what exactly it is, whether they think they are in love or not. It definitely has a strong presence in our world, and you can fall in love as a teenager and stay in love definitely. Actually, today's me and my boyfriend's 6th month. :... (more »)

she-is-a-strange-duck said...
I believe teenage love is absolutely real.

Nick1998 said...
I believe in teen love. Love is love, no matter what. I've been dating this girl for about 3 months, yeah short time. But we both are 13 years old. We've known eachother far beyond our relationship. But we had mutual feelings. We discuss our plans for the future and many mature things. But we also have frivolous teen attitude. Where we can be dumb, etc. She is the most important thing to me. I'm sure that we are in love. We have kissed 2 times. And have amazing conversations. SO all concerned or... (more »)

kksexi12 replied...
Nov. 8, 2011 at 11:17 pm :

I agree with you, my boyfriend and I were friends since we were two and now I am twelve. We just started going out after me having a really rough breakup, he has been there for me and i really love him but no one believes me. It is possible for teenagers to love one another.

I love the fact that no matter what wether others agree or not I love someone who love me no matter what. I think that is enough to be called love, don't you?

RandomRanda said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 9:01 am:
i do agree with you!

RandomRanda said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 8:59 am:
i think there is high school love. but love can die and its not a word you throw around

alymarie3 said...
Oct. 10, 2011 at 12:58 am:
I believe there is different kind of loves. And love has different stages. My parents we're together since they we're 14, they are now 35 and they recently got a divorce. They we're happy for a long time. So i do believe u can love in high school, but i also believe love dies, and that is just apart of our culture now.

Mooky.Capulet said...
Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:55 am:
I think Love has no boundries

Scarlett.11 said...
Oct. 7, 2011 at 9:33 am:
Love does'nt have an age. Everyone has their own special way of feeling it. No one's feel for love is ever the same, someone might feel like this and someone might feel like that. We're all different and that's what more people have to understand. You can find your soulmate on any day, any time... you can't tell your future. But anything can happen. Teenage love is just the start of the feeling. You're experencing new adventures, it's how you learn. One way you probably dismiss 'love not being r... (more »)

hart.kaylee said...
I believe in everything that you have to say. It dosent take an adult to figure out if your in love or not, you have to find what love means for yourself. I am happily in love with my high school sweetheart. 

The_looking_glass said...
Teenage Love is real and amazing! I have been with the same guy for 4 and 1/2 years all through high school and we are currently in college together and we have a son! We are happy and Love each other very much! We were freshman in High school and fell in love, so how can people say it’s not real? I have felt it, I have lived it and I still am living it!

korinna<3 said...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 11:44 am:

i think teen love is REAL you just have to been the one inlove to really know!:)