Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Pretty Based said...
on Apr. 11 2012 at 1:31 pm
Some people that I know are now happy to be in love and are married now.

on Apr. 2 2012 at 6:54 am
MiaUnwritten GOLD, West Palm Beach, Florida

"Let the eyes seek what the mind cannot
Let the eyes judge what the mind cannot
Let the eyes believe what the mind failed to"

it is immature though but true

on Mar. 26 2012 at 7:47 pm
When I read this article I thought about how many girls have crushes in middle school, but some of them don't end up dating them. One of them happens to me. I don't know what high school would be like. Anyway, I think teenage love exists, but then eventually you start to find a person whom you can truelly love, but to me teenage love is just dating a guy in your teen years, while true love happens when you are at adulthood

on Mar. 26 2012 at 5:19 pm
Emily Lathrop BRONZE, Los Alamos, New Mexico
My parents started dating in high school. My dad was a junior and my mom a sophomore when they first met. They have been together ever since, and they still have a really happy relationship. I think love can exist anywhere.

on Mar. 23 2012 at 2:13 am
GenevaTrovato BRONZE, Baltimoere, Maryland
Definitely

on Mar. 20 2012 at 2:28 pm
ilovedarryl BRONZE, Indianapolis Indiana, Indiana

go big or go home

well yoour right because i have a  boyfriend but he doesn't really care

on Mar. 16 2012 at 11:51 pm
BigEddy97 BRONZE, Kalama, Washington

"Life goes on, just keep moving forward dont look back"

That is completely true, love comes in many shapes and sizes. You can love many different people and most likely it will be different for everybody. The way you love your parents may not be the way you love your highschool sweetheart. I strongly agree that Love is possible in high school students.

on Mar. 16 2012 at 7:45 pm
Ciara_Nicole97 BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio
Just because we're younger doesn't mean we don't know what true love is..

on Mar. 16 2012 at 7:42 pm
Ciara_Nicole97 BRONZE, Cleveland, Ohio
I do believe! I'm 15 and my boyfriend is 17 and I just feel something. We've only been dating for a year and a half but everytime I'm with him I never want to leave. He makes me so happy and he's also like my bestfriend. I don't care what anyone else says because I know I'm in love. 

love said...
on Mar. 16 2012 at 12:02 pm
i beieve in love

love said...
on Mar. 16 2012 at 12:01 pm
this is very creative; very good , keep up the great job!

Maa Shy said...
on Mar. 12 2012 at 5:03 am
Maa Shy, Madrid, Other
itx definitly real
i believe in it

on Mar. 9 2012 at 8:13 pm
C.K.Snow SILVER, Morden, Other
Yes, I do believe that Teenage love is real, but I also believe that some teens toss the words "I love you" at someone they don't actually love. Love comes from the heart, not the hormones.

on Mar. 6 2012 at 8:51 pm
magentarose BRONZE, Bessemer, Alabama
Teen love is definately real .. i monl seventeen but have experienced the new and fresh part about love and the happines you feel ... and also the devestation you feel when its over... i think its really ignorant of adults to say i isn't real ./... .or its just puppy love.... everyone has to staryt somewhere and you dont have to be 25 to be in love...... 

chloe jane said...
on Mar. 3 2012 at 6:49 am
chloe jane, Gatton, Other
l love can exist in any age I am sixteen and I have known love I have seen love my dance teacher met her husband in high school anyone can fall in love I beleive in teen love as much as I beleive that their is some one for every one. age is just a number

Vixenfur said...
on Feb. 14 2012 at 10:09 am
Love exists at any age. At the same time, teenagers believe they are in love, when really what they feel is true friendship or just a crush or attraction. Many teenagers believe the desire for sex is love, which is not true. That's their hormones speaking. I may be only 14, as many others are on this website, but some of us have and have not experienced true love. I've experienced first love, in fact, I am right now. I believed my first love was in 5th grade, so yes, kids and teenagers can say they're in love easily and truly believe it, but do they really know it? The truth is, YOU are the only one who knows what you feel. Nobody else can tell you how YOU feel, no matter your gender, sexuality, or age.

on Feb. 14 2012 at 8:18 am
Musicalartist, Xxxxx, Other
I believe in teen love, but I think people use "I love you" too often. People say it to everyone, all of their friends, so then when they really mean it, it doens't mean as much anymore.....

Caravana GOLD said...
on Feb. 9 2012 at 10:31 am
Caravana GOLD, Joplin, Missouri

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who gives me strength."

I believe first it depends on the maturity of the teens. I believe that being young you can attach to a person and as you grow together you learn more and more about that person forming love. I know several couples that have gotten married young even and their relationship has lasted through their lives as they are still happy with one another. So my answer would have to be yes I truly believe in teen love :)

on Feb. 8 2012 at 11:04 pm
hanna.fofanna BRONZE, Wasilla, Alaska

“The moon is a loyal companion. It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes str

In the begining, i thought you were about to say that teen love is impossible... But I think it totally exists! I know plenty of people who were high school sweet hearts, and now are a happy married couple:)

on Feb. 8 2012 at 3:18 pm
TheNoToRioUsBaBYGurL BRONZE, West Paterson, New Jersey

I believe in PINK. I believe that Laughing is the best calorie burner! I believe in being STRONG when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that HAPPY girls are the prettiest! I believe that tommorow is another day and I believe in Miracles :)

Love it! powerful and truly speaks to me! :)

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!