Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

kuvhlubkoj said...
Dec. 15, 2011 at 9:46 am
I agree with the article, teenage love can happen. I also do know some people who dated in high school and now are married and happy. Teenage love is a special thing.

KatherineDiana said...

I think it's possible at any age to be in love. Now a good portion of the time, when you're in middle school, your hormones obviously go crazy right around there, and you suddenly feel the need to be held and be kissed etc. etc. so that's why so many people might come to the conclusion that teenage love doesn't exist. But it is my belief that love is available and exists at any age. 

But yes, most teens aren't fully matured which again lesssens the odds of real teen love, but if ... (more »)

FrAme said...
I've fallen in love. I'm not sure that the love was worth the pain though, when she didn't love me back. It exists though.

Sophia said...
Dec. 7, 2011 at 8:41 am
I don't really know if I belive in teenage love. I guess thats because I never falled in love.

prettygurl987 replied...
Lol... its "fell". Falled isn't a word. :P

dylan Kratzberg said...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:37 am
YES!!! i thanks teen love in true! im a 9th grader and i have been dating this girl for 2 year!!!! its because i love her!!!!!!!!

Aspiringauhor said...
My parents met in elementary school, and happily celebrated their 24 year marriage anniversary this past October. So, yes, I agree.

Katrina K. said...
You should check out the book my boyfriend and I wrote together.  He's 17 and I'm 15.  We've been together for over 2 years.  This book is full of our advice on how to have a great relationship.  It's called "Secrets to Your FairyTale Romance ~ For Teens" .  Get your copy on Amazon - makes a great Christmas Gift and maybe your boyfriend can learn some tips on how to be sweeter.     

Baby_Joker19 said...
honestly i dont believe in teenage love......it does nothin bt make yu feel happy for a short period of time before the guy/grl tht yur wit finds someone else and dumps yu to the side of the road wit unanswered questions and broken.....teen love is useless and pointless......from my viewin of it at this age all guys want is what most of them cant get if the grl doesnt give it to em they jst dump and move to the nxt.....plus right now be as independent as yu can....dont rely on some jer... (more »)

INHAILED replied...
If you've had a bad experience with relationships I'm sorry. They obviously weren't the right person, it doesn't mean its useless and pointless. It's only useless and pointless if you make it so. Many people find love in high school and keep that relationship forever, don't give up.

kuraitenshei replied...
Though I have not yet experienced it, I do believe in it.

Bebax3 said...
Nov. 28, 2011 at 9:13 am
i personally wouldint put an age on love i think people can fall in love at any age for example ...my brother has been dating his girl friend /now wife since elementry school in grade 3 and they are still happily in love but everyone is diffrent it depends how the person is rather than love its self. if you found the right person and know how to obtain love and not play with it then there you go you found your lover but if your the type to play around then you might never find yours just know th... (more »)

kairi.kaylynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Yes, this is true. Sometimes people date for like 3 weeks and they start to say "I love you" when in all fact they don't.

crazy one replied...
i soo agree its so sudden its like thats inmature rite thier but u knw some of then really do work

pink unicorn said...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 8:40 am
i like you

Mady said...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 8:38 am
that is very discriminating......

Madelyn said...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 8:33 am
it leaves them no where

PiinkFaeriie said...
I truly do belive in love, being 16 and in high school, I think I am not only entitled to my own opinion but to my own experience. My boyfriend is really sweet and despite the bumps in our relationship, we have managed to dismiss each and every one of them and tell each other we love one another. True love has no limits and you are never supposed to allow jealous and envious individuals to get between you. My advice to all other young high school lovers is to be yourself in the relationship... (more »)

Frank said...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 9:34 am
When people think about love, true love, they usually think about movies. But if movies are acting, and unreal. Where does that leave love?

Learn6611 said...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 9:20 am
I hate the girls in my grade that are dating.. I mean come on, your 13 you can't possibly know how powerful love is. Highschool, now there's a difference because your a young adult. And, I do belive that there is love in highschool.