Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Baby_Joker19 said...
honestly i dont believe in teenage love......it does nothin bt make yu feel happy for a short period of time before the guy/grl tht yur wit finds someone else and dumps yu to the side of the road wit unanswered questions and broken.....teen love is useless and pointless......from my viewin of it at this age all guys want is what most of them cant get if the grl doesnt give it to em they jst dump and move to the nxt.....plus right now be as independent as yu can....dont rely on some jer... (more »)

INHAILED replied...
Jan. 3, 2012 at 9:06 pm :
If you've had a bad experience with relationships I'm sorry. They obviously weren't the right person, it doesn't mean its useless and pointless. It's only useless and pointless if you make it so. Many people find love in high school and keep that relationship forever, don't give up.

kuraitenshei replied...
May 1, 2012 at 12:27 pm :
Though I have not yet experienced it, I do believe in it.

Bebax3 said...
Nov. 28, 2011 at 9:13 am:
i personally wouldint put an age on love i think people can fall in love at any age for example ...my brother has been dating his girl friend /now wife since elementry school in grade 3 and they are still happily in love but everyone is diffrent it depends how the person is rather than love its self. if you found the right person and know how to obtain love and not play with it then there you go you found your lover but if your the type to play around then you might never find yours just know th... (more »)

kairi.kaylynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Yes, this is true. Sometimes people date for like 3 weeks and they start to say "I love you" when in all fact they don't.

crazy one replied...
Dec. 16, 2011 at 2:10 pm :
i soo agree its so sudden its like thats inmature rite thier but u knw some of then really do work

pink unicorn said...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 8:40 am:
i like you

Mady said...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 8:38 am:
that is very discriminating......

Madelyn said...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 8:33 am:
it leaves them no where

PiinkFaeriie said...
I truly do belive in love, being 16 and in high school, I think I am not only entitled to my own opinion but to my own experience. My boyfriend is really sweet and despite the bumps in our relationship, we have managed to dismiss each and every one of them and tell each other we love one another. True love has no limits and you are never supposed to allow jealous and envious individuals to get between you. My advice to all other young high school lovers is to be yourself in the relationship... (more »)

Frank said...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 9:34 am:
When people think about love, true love, they usually think about movies. But if movies are acting, and unreal. Where does that leave love?

Learn6611 said...
Nov. 15, 2011 at 9:20 am:
I hate the girls in my grade that are dating.. I mean come on, your 13 you can't possibly know how powerful love is. Highschool, now there's a difference because your a young adult. And, I do belive that there is love in highschool.

sophza said...
I think that love could happen in high school under the right circumstances, and yet so often I find girls who think that they should just sit there and wait for that right circumstance. Sitting gets you no where. If you are truly that obsessed with finding love, be ACTIVE.

TheRacoon said...
As long as you have a brain (I'm talking human brain cuz I dunno about others) then you can love.  Love is chemicals in the brain that make us well, love.  A 5 year old can fall in love with another 5 year old and it can possibly be as strong as that love between two 30 year olds or 50 year olds or 80 year olds.  Expression and recognision of love is different but it's always there.

TheEarlofZerces said...
Hmmmm, it really is an interesting question, and it reminds me of something my father once told me, when we witnessed some one leaving his bride at the alter due to his own craven cowardice. He (my father, that is) said to me that happiness is fleeting, but that doesn't mean that it's meaningless. And that doesn't mean that one should avoid happiness to avoid pain. In the end, happiness only fades when you stop working at it. And, I guess that if there are people that will continue to work at it... (more »)

kekeshawty:) replied...
Nov. 7, 2011 at 8:27 am :
.Ii real belive in teenage love its real not puppy love!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheEarlofZerces replied...
Nov. 7, 2011 at 3:09 pm :
Um, yes. Isn't that what I was just saying? That teenage love is actually plausible?

steffdawgg replied...
Jan. 4, 2012 at 1:07 pm :
I think there's both. There's true teen love, and there's the puppy love. Many people that have bad experiences believe that every relationship is puppy love and fake, but that's a dis to many out there, including me.

veeevianlee said...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 7:41 am:
I believe in teenage love. Not crushes. 

IceFox416 said...
I believe in teenage love . . . but I don't think people really start to fall in love untill maybe 16. The early teenage years are mostly spent trying to figure out what "love" really is. I don't think people really fall in love untill they are comfortable with their feelings and know what love really means to them. Before that, I don't think people really fall into "true" love.

poop546 replied...
Nov. 28, 2011 at 8:27 pm :
i love poop, poop is tastey, poop poop poop poop green poop is the best poop poop pooop