Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

straightedge193 said...
I believe in teenage love. I mean however old you are you can still love in other ways, right? Like not just be in love. You can also love a teddy bear, a friend or your parents.
Also, I have, well at least I 150% believe, I have been inlove for 9 years. Since I was about 7. Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but still to this day the love is still growing between us.

straightedge193 replied...
Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:00 pm :
well i do truely mean it.

Haley_C1025 replied...
Nov. 14, 2009 at 2:29 pm :
I believe in teen love, its a strong feeling the some will experience, but there are those teens who do ruin and say false things such as loving someone.

straightedge193 replied...
Nov. 15, 2009 at 2:29 pm :
i agree that bugs me soo much.

BookWorm579 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 13, 2009 at 2:13 pm :
Madi123, what do you mean by "allowed to"? How in the world does one censor a person's feelings? Furthermore, how do you propose we gauge a person's level of affection? Maybe we could pass a law. The fact is that teenagers can fall in love and will. More likely they will experience lesser forms of affection, but don't dismiss love at a young age. Oh, and think before you propose the impossible.

Chase A. said...
sorry but i disagree

Meredith M. replied...
Nov. 11, 2009 at 8:48 pm :
That's fine, you're allowed! But any particular reason why?

Skittlez said...
I completely agree! I am with this amazing guy named cameron, we have only been together since july, but we've never for a second considered leaving eachother. he's been there for me thorough alot in my life already, and i cant even imagine myself with someone else. My mom gently reminds me that i'm only in highschool, and i met him over the summer, but this is where i gotta say, wel i know where ur coming from, but ive never felt this way about anyone before. and ive dated my sh... (more »)

SaM:) replied...
Nov. 11, 2009 at 1:46 pm :
I agree with you. And nobody can say that you don't love the person you are with, because only you know how you feel. And he sounds like a good guy :)

Skittlez replied...
Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:24 pm :
thanks:) he is, and i dont feel like anyone can tell me otherwise, or if i love him or not cuz really thats none of their business

K.Symone said...
I definetly agree with all the positive comments. I do believe that anyone can be in love from 5th grade to 8th grade to high school, love is love. && it cannot be defined let alone even judged. i am currently dealing with a situation like this, but im keeping my faith and trying to look to the positive, but it really sucks that everybody feels they have to have an opinion about your relationship, and im out of high school and in college! i understand parents dont want you to make "the s... (more »)

Meredith M. said...
I'm so happy with all these comments - especially because they're so positive about teenage love!

BethBeth said...
I for one think that teens can be in love! I'm dating a boy and I have been going out with him for a whole year and no this is not puppy love. It's somethin special. I mean everytime he touches me I get butterflies all in my stomach and every feeling that people say they have about their true love is what i feel for my boyfriend. I'M IN HIGH SCHOOL AND I AM IN LOVE! Plus I am so tired of my mom sayin your only in high school, take it slow when in fact she married my dad which, of ... (more »)

Pashia said...
ii do believe in high school love.. having a high school sweetheart is something.. and i do to have one my ownn.. we've been with eachother for almost 3 years..... things are starting to loook good thoughh...

AmnyR said...
thank you!!! i happen to know a great many couples who are happily married out of highschool, including a large part of my family. anyone who says teenagers cant feel love is foolish. you can put an age limit on some things, but not love. finally an article that isnt dealing with why teenagers shouldnt think they're in love... i get so sick of those. i mean, they're all well written, but if read those, it's easy to think that love doesnt exist and you'll never trust anyone. f... (more »)

tennisislovee34 said...
I agree with your opinion. I don't think you can put an age on love, you can fall in love at any age, including when your in high school :)

m1ssdezi said...
I think love is possible in high school too. I think that it doesn't really matter how old you are and you know that you are love with someone that it doesn't matter what other people think

Westie_candies2012 said...
Oct. 19, 2009 at 10:29 am:
I feel like im in love with this guy named jacob. We have been together for almost 6 months and i have very strong feelings for him. We have broken up twice now but always seem to find ourselves back in eachothers arms. So is this teenage love? Or lust?

trinhphuongthao said...
Oct. 19, 2009 at 8:39 am:
teen love is a very beautiful motion! I know a lot of friends in love. I can't make sure thay're sad or happy with their lovers but i'm sure one thing that they never regret having fell in love.

trinhphuongthao said...
Oct. 19, 2009 at 8:35 am:
love life, love myself, want to make friends with every body!
For you, everything will surely be alright!

tima said...
Oct. 5, 2009 at 10:22 am:
omg yes because im in love now.me and mah boyfriend been 2gether for 4years and iim only n 9grade