Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Jake G. said...
Love comes in all shapes, sizes, and forms, and one of them is teenage love. I'm in a relationship and me and my girlfirend are past that stage of infatuation and the love still runs strong. Adults have always steriotyped us as loud and rude and pot heads. Why should we have to fall under this one? teenage love is real, but that doesn't mean it lasts.

iesha928 said...
i agree but sometimes they get hurt!!

kiska_puppy11 said...
I believe that anyone at any age can be in love. Whether they are 85 or 10 years old, they can all be in love. My definition of love is anyone you care for, have things in common with, see everyday... People you really know. You know what they are like. What they like to do. What their life at home is like. When they are sad, you are sad. When they are excited, you are excited for them. Love can be anyone, your boyfriend/girlfriend, parents, family, and of course your friends. :D

Samantha C. said...
I believe teens think they're in love, but don't truely know the perplexities of the word. I do agree that teens love, just not like adults do.

Mystery_Girl said...
Nov. 17, 2009 at 8:01 am
I agree whole heartedly! There is no age limit on love. I have personally been in love and I am a teenager! It happens. For certain people your love for others starts at different ages!

hbeats4u2 said...
Love is a tough thing in the world, today. You will hear people saying alot of things. One of which is, "I love you." But do they really mean it? Do they say that until they find someone better? Well, I for one do believe in it, but I think that teens need to be careful what they say....

hbeats4u2 replied...
P.S. Love should start out with puppy love. Love is NOT a game, its filled with alot of emotions. Most of which are stronger with females compared to males. My BF, for instance, has not once told me he loves me and we have been going out for about 5 months....

BaBii_GhErL replied...
its ok...it will be so romantic when he says it...trust me...i waited until my boyfriend said it to me even if i always said it to him...it would make u cry that he finally said it but dnt pressure him into saying it to else it wont be romantic anymore...lol...

straightedge193 said...
I believe in teenage love. I mean however old you are you can still love in other ways, right? Like not just be in love. You can also love a teddy bear, a friend or your parents.
Also, I have, well at least I 150% believe, I have been inlove for 9 years. Since I was about 7. Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but still to this day the love is still growing between us.

madi123 replied...
i disagree teen should not b allowedto love unless they truly mean it.

straightedge193 replied...
well i do truely mean it.

Haley_C1025 replied...
I believe in teen love, its a strong feeling the some will experience, but there are those teens who do ruin and say false things such as loving someone.

straightedge193 replied...
i agree that bugs me soo much.

BookWorm579 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Madi123, what do you mean by "allowed to"? How in the world does one censor a person's feelings? Furthermore, how do you propose we gauge a person's level of affection? Maybe we could pass a law. The fact is that teenagers can fall in love and will. More likely they will experience lesser forms of affection, but don't dismiss love at a young age. Oh, and think before you propose the impossible.

Chase A. said...
sorry but i disagree

Meredith M. replied...
That's fine, you're allowed! But any particular reason why?

Skittlez said...
I completely agree! I am with this amazing guy named cameron, we have only been together since july, but we've never for a second considered leaving eachother. he's been there for me thorough alot in my life already, and i cant even imagine myself with someone else. My mom gently reminds me that i'm only in highschool, and i met him over the summer, but this is where i gotta say, wel i know where ur coming from, but ive never felt this way about anyone before. and ive dated my sh... (more »)

SaM:) replied...
I agree with you. And nobody can say that you don't love the person you are with, because only you know how you feel. And he sounds like a good guy :)

Skittlez replied...
thanks:) he is, and i dont feel like anyone can tell me otherwise, or if i love him or not cuz really thats none of their business

K.Symone said...
I definetly agree with all the positive comments. I do believe that anyone can be in love from 5th grade to 8th grade to high school, love is love. && it cannot be defined let alone even judged. i am currently dealing with a situation like this, but im keeping my faith and trying to look to the positive, but it really sucks that everybody feels they have to have an opinion about your relationship, and im out of high school and in college! i understand parents dont want you to make "the s... (more »)