Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

loveexists said...
i think your wrong .. :) i mean u gave a point .. there are better things .. only if u make teenage love to much of ur life .. u gottal ive and grow from eachother. ive been with a guy for three years im an honor student , won homecoming , and still find time for my friends ... and i have to admit i wouldnt be the person i am now without love.

Emily(: said...
i htink teen love is hard to come across. when i have a boyfriend and they tell mee they love mee i just feel like i hafta say it back even if i feel differently. i honestly love the guy im with right noow even if im only 13. i think he is amazing and i knoww i can be myself around him. my friends dont look at him the same way i do but they arent supposed too. i believe teen love exists but i guess everyone thinks differently.

Ellie_Michelle replied...
This is a real question, I'm not trying to be mean, just wondering your opinion, but what is the purpose of dating in high school if you don't think you are/ will fall in love in high school?

iMegan replied...
i agree with emily. yes, true love is hard to find at this age because most of us at this age are going through lust. to love, you have to have a mature way of things. a warm feeling and butterflies are not love. it's just what ever girl feels. teen love takes time and some teens do achieve it.

iMegan replied...
what every girl feels, i mean. **

Ellie_Michelle replied...
I agree. :)

Ellie_Michelle replied...
I was not saying I disagree with her views on young love, I was just asking why she has a boyfriend if she doesn't think she loves him. ? :)

Emily(: replied...
yes, i do love my boyfriend now, hes amazing(: i guess i had a bf before cuz i thought i liked them or they were cute,, not rlly cuz i loved them

Ellie_Michelle replied...
Oh, cool. Thanks! :)

PayPay replied...
I belive in teen love because im a teen and I love this person very much. I mean you have to put in alot of time for anything thing everyone should know that. But i mean teens can fall in love and be very happy. You just have to know how to do the whole relationship thing. But teenage love can happen.

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
the problem with teenage love is that teenagers can only visualize the future in two parts- next summer (like say, I'll be working at ____) and a long time from now (I'll be a doctor). I think teens don't realize that there is a path between those two points that will DRASTICALLY change them...making teenager love a fragile, risky thing that most teenagers can honestly do better without and put love off until later.

vampzRfriendz said...
I think it depends on how immature the dudes are.Most teen guys are nasty freaks that only think about sex or how hot someone is rather than what type of person they are inside.

BillyJoeBobKellyGeorge This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I certainly believe in teenage love. well right now i AM in teenage love and it's great. parents and adults in general just don't understand that some young couples can last a lifetime. ♥

NeverSayNever said...
I'm young, 14, and I don't know whether or not I believe in teenaged love. But that's because of my personal situation with my ex. We both still have feelings for eachother, even though we've put eachother through hell time and time again. Basically I try and tell myself that it's nothing, that I only like the idea of someone liking me and that's why I have those feelings. But then I see him, and his smile and I can't help but fall for him again and again. My mom isn't much of a romantic, actu... (more »)

Rachel_Beth said...
i think teenage love is possible. However only a certain few ever get to experience it. I think this because to truely love someone you have to let your gaurd down and let your insecurities be known and be willing to let your heart get broken. Not many teenagers are mature and strong enough to let this happen. The people who are to weak never got to experience young love, therefore they do no belive it exist ;)

bamboom212 replied...
i think it's possible. No one can put an age on love because everyone's different.
If people fall in love, I think you should hold onto it with both hands & not let go.
Many people think that teenage doesn't exist because the word 'love' is thrown around alot at that age. That's true, but I think it's one of the things you have to experience to believe in.
So yes, I believe it exists. :)

D.Force14 replied...
I think that it is true if u love that person and they love u and no one can come between u. I believe in teenage love as a matter of fact it is the cutest type of love to me because it is so genuine and true.

AndersN said...
I absolutely do believe in true teenage love. It's not like teens don't have the ability to love.
Dating, though, I don't usually think it's true love. Sometimes, like in justinie_the_weenie's case, it could possibly be true love.
At my school, I have a good friend. She's nothing more than a friend. She has had four boyfriends in the past two weeks, and all of them she's claimed she loved the heck out of.

justinie_the_weenie said...
Dec. 18, 2009 at 2:47 am
Thank you. I am 13 and I'm in love with my boyfriend VERY much. I gave up on trusting people and he taught me how to care for someone again. Four months long and going strong <333 We have plans on a REAL wedding and REAL situations. We don't want a fairy tail, just each other. I know it's cheesy sounding, but him and I are ... Perfect for eachother. Teenage love is a BEAUTIFUL thing!

The~crayon~in~my~heart said...
You know i suppose teenage love could be real, but how would guys know that- ugh they drive me crazy