Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

xxBlackbeltxx said...
I personally think it is possible for teenage love exists. Although it is possible doesn't mean all teenage relationships are true love. What defines love for me is that both people take it seriously instead of going from person to person like others have said. It all depends on how far the two want to go.

Forever13 said...
I have a friend, who in Middle school, We are now in high school, would jump from guy to guy. Every week, heck sometimes everyday, there would be a new guy. Each time she would say "Oh, I love him and he loves me." I wanted to scream that she couldnt even spell love, she doesnt even understand what it means to be loved, let alone to give love.

Tamara said...
Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:57 am
Everyone will have an opinion i used to belive in the fairytale love but now i know that dose not exist i have the kinda love where even when your fighting you just want to kiss them when u don't see them u miss them like crazy.. love is hard to come by yes but don't just not belive it does happen and it will happen =)

khaizhylle said...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 1:15 am
i really believe in teenage love.
im 16 but i'm in love in my boyfriend when i'm 15..i really love him more than my life.
i can't afford of loosing him and now, were planning to married soon.

Ashleysbff said...
Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:15 am
I completely believe in teenage love.like Selo the first time i fell in love i was 11 and i still llove him though we're not together anymore.I believe love just happens,no matter how young or old you are.

walter said...
Dec. 31, 2009 at 1:28 am
I do and dont blve it. i mean, i do know some adults who are happy but most teen relationships usually dont last very long. I am very conflicted here.

Selo replied...
Teenage love absolutely exists, and I think when you're young, love can have an even stronger vigor because time hasn't yet worn it out. I'm 15 and I've been in love five times (never stopped loving any of them, mind you) - the first time I was 11. I don't think you're ever too young for it to be real. Love is something that can't be judged by sour outsiders, and it's real whether you're 16 or 60.

iSteph said...
I believe in teen love. For one, I am a teen and feel as if I'm in love. Some people may find it silly, but i dont. I have been dating the same guy for 8 months. We fight, but most couples do.

ladytrojan replied...
but thts jus it. ur a teenager. i think when we're adults and we look back at the time when we were a teenager ur gonna see tht it wasn't luv. i dont think our minds r capable of it. when sumone marries their high skool sweetheart, i think they'll look back and see tht in high skool, it wasnt really luv, but it did turn into luvas they grew older.

AmourMica replied...
Maybe it was love, but you never know because you're not the person. Only you know when you're in love.

sweetactress said...
i believe in teenage love. i just think that it takes time 2 get 2 that point. a strong relationship has 2 grow. u cant love som1 in just 3 days. n so, u cant rush it.

leenxx3 said...
I don't believe in teenage love. I am 15 and all my friends are talking to their boyfriends "Oh, I love you", then 2 days later, they hate eachother. I guess it is real for some people. But most just want to say "love" because it seems like you should. Everyone just rushes it through High School. I am waiting until college or after to have a serious relationship, because I know right now, that I am not capable of loving someone and being able to continue a relationship f... (more »)

wicked batgirl replied...
i used to think the same thing... but my boyfriend right now is my first boyfriend and we started off as just friends... then eventually it grew into love... i love him so much... and i'm myself with him and i can't bare to be separated from him... i believe in teenage love... <3

ladytrojan replied...
if thts ur first boyfriend then u definitely dont no wat luv is. people figure out wat luv is when they date other people and see wat they would want in a person. becuz, before u no wat luv is, u hav to figure out wat luv isnt.

wicked batgirl replied...
he is my first and i do know what love is because i'm experiencing it right now... i've dated other ppl and i didn't like them but he's different when i met him i had a feeling... i know this sounds crazy but that's how i feel

Zachy_TB said...
While I don't believe that you can put an age on true love, I do believe that you have to be mentally mature to experience it, and you must know the diffrence between true love and puppy love.

12mitchh said...
i am 13 , i dint no i was in luv at the time but now i do that ive lost the one , i luv him , i no i do and no one can tell me different

Jimmy_flash said...
Dec. 27, 2009 at 2:51 am
teenage love is def possible love is possble at any age it has no bounds

Ellie_Michelle said...
I believe teenage love is possible. I mean, there are people in different cultures and from different time periods that got married really young, like thirteen or so.
The problem is, a lot of teens have a warped idea of what love really is- they think it's a warm fuzzy feeling or something shallow like that. They don't realize what love really is- love is a choice, an action. Love is choosing to put someone else first because you care about them. True love lasts forever, w... (more »)

Ellie_Michelle replied...
And that's why they don't last, I mean.