Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

sweetactress said...
i believe in teenage love. i just think that it takes time 2 get 2 that point. a strong relationship has 2 grow. u cant love som1 in just 3 days. n so, u cant rush it.

leenxx3 said...
I don't believe in teenage love. I am 15 and all my friends are talking to their boyfriends "Oh, I love you", then 2 days later, they hate eachother. I guess it is real for some people. But most just want to say "love" because it seems like you should. Everyone just rushes it through High School. I am waiting until college or after to have a serious relationship, because I know right now, that I am not capable of loving someone and being able to continue a relationship f... (more »)

wicked batgirl replied...
Dec. 29, 2009 at 6:48 pm :
i used to think the same thing... but my boyfriend right now is my first boyfriend and we started off as just friends... then eventually it grew into love... i love him so much... and i'm myself with him and i can't bare to be separated from him... i believe in teenage love... <3

ladytrojan replied...
Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:02 pm :
if thts ur first boyfriend then u definitely dont no wat luv is. people figure out wat luv is when they date other people and see wat they would want in a person. becuz, before u no wat luv is, u hav to figure out wat luv isnt.

wicked batgirl replied...
Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:11 pm :
he is my first and i do know what love is because i'm experiencing it right now... i've dated other ppl and i didn't like them but he's different when i met him i had a feeling... i know this sounds crazy but that's how i feel

Zachy_TB said...
While I don't believe that you can put an age on true love, I do believe that you have to be mentally mature to experience it, and you must know the diffrence between true love and puppy love.

12mitchh said...
i am 13 , i dint no i was in luv at the time but now i do that ive lost the one , i luv him , i no i do and no one can tell me different

Jimmy_flash said...
Dec. 27, 2009 at 2:51 am:
teenage love is def possible love is possble at any age it has no bounds

Ellie_Michelle said...
I believe teenage love is possible. I mean, there are people in different cultures and from different time periods that got married really young, like thirteen or so.
The problem is, a lot of teens have a warped idea of what love really is- they think it's a warm fuzzy feeling or something shallow like that. They don't realize what love really is- love is a choice, an action. Love is choosing to put someone else first because you care about them. True love lasts forever, w... (more »)

Ellie_Michelle replied...
Dec. 26, 2009 at 8:28 pm :
And that's why they don't last, I mean.

loveexists said...
i think your wrong .. :) i mean u gave a point .. there are better things .. only if u make teenage love to much of ur life .. u gottal ive and grow from eachother. ive been with a guy for three years im an honor student , won homecoming , and still find time for my friends ... and i have to admit i wouldnt be the person i am now without love.

Emily(: said...
i htink teen love is hard to come across. when i have a boyfriend and they tell mee they love mee i just feel like i hafta say it back even if i feel differently. i honestly love the guy im with right noow even if im only 13. i think he is amazing and i knoww i can be myself around him. my friends dont look at him the same way i do but they arent supposed too. i believe teen love exists but i guess everyone thinks differently.

Ellie_Michelle replied...
Dec. 26, 2009 at 8:23 pm :
This is a real question, I'm not trying to be mean, just wondering your opinion, but what is the purpose of dating in high school if you don't think you are/ will fall in love in high school?

iMegan replied...
Dec. 30, 2009 at 10:25 pm :
i agree with emily. yes, true love is hard to find at this age because most of us at this age are going through lust. to love, you have to have a mature way of things. a warm feeling and butterflies are not love. it's just what ever girl feels. teen love takes time and some teens do achieve it.

iMegan replied...
Dec. 30, 2009 at 10:27 pm :
what every girl feels, i mean. **

Ellie_Michelle replied...
Dec. 30, 2009 at 11:18 pm :
I agree. :)

Ellie_Michelle replied...
Dec. 30, 2009 at 11:20 pm :
I was not saying I disagree with her views on young love, I was just asking why she has a boyfriend if she doesn't think she loves him. ? :)

Emily(: replied...
Jan. 2, 2010 at 2:59 pm :
yes, i do love my boyfriend now, hes amazing(: i guess i had a bf before cuz i thought i liked them or they were cute,, not rlly cuz i loved them

Ellie_Michelle replied...
Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:52 pm :
Oh, cool. Thanks! :)

PayPay replied...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 6:00 pm :
I belive in teen love because im a teen and I love this person very much. I mean you have to put in alot of time for anything thing everyone should know that. But i mean teens can fall in love and be very happy. You just have to know how to do the whole relationship thing. But teenage love can happen.