Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Chelsea.Anne said...
I agree that older high school students can fall in love; my parents met in high school and they've been married for almost 18 years. Now, I definitely think that there's a difference between lust and love. I think that's what a lot of adults think; hormones get in the way and make us crazy! But think about this, we wouldn't be attracted to others without hormones!

Dustfingers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 29, 2010 at 10:12 am:
If we were in a different age people would be finding love as young as 12 my great grandmother got mrried when she was around my age. Society began controlling when someone can and can't love when the truth of the matter is if society didn't frown upon young love, we'd problably have less babies out of wed lock and it'll push for more responsibiolity on the teenagers part becuase thy actually have responsibilities of thier own. You can find love any where you just have to kno... (more »)

kempsuperman said...
oh and this is great lol keep writing

kempsuperman said...
love is love no matter the person no matter the age nobody can stop it . if it can be stopped with words or opinions its not love

Love~the~LORD<3 said...
Love has no boundaries, no rules, nothing that can hold it back. Saying that teen lovr does not exist would be putting a restriction on Love itself. Do you agree?

PeaceLoveandball said...
I believe that what you say is very true. Love is what you feel not what rules there are:)

barrelracer14 said...
Jan. 28, 2010 at 10:03 am:
No one man can put any limitations on love. Just becuase you may be a young man or woman when you find it does not make it any less real. Some people do take it for granted and think that they can love someone they have been dating for less then a week but when a teen or anyone really finds love in the eyes of another person and it grows thats true love and no age or disbeliever can change that.

muffie said...
I personly do believe in love in high school. I was with my ex boyfriend from 7th grade to 10th nd it was deffinately love.

MentalWreck said...
Love has no definition. And there are no rules, expectations, etc. about it. Love "just happens".

Vmusic said...
Love at any age exists. Whether it's the love you'll spend your life with can be argued, but I know it exists. People say time will make all things fade, but even as the images get blurry I still remember why I loved my first love and why I still love him. I can still quote him.... And I still live by everything he taught me. These things leave an impression on you. This is not to say I like believing in high school relationships.... I don't like to believe high school relationshi... (more »)

Sammiebear said...
I believe in love. I'm currently in love and have been since the summer before my freshman year and now I'm half way through my junior year. It'll be 3 years jun 18th. =]

Mysterioso said...
Love is whatever you deem it as. You can feel your own interpretation of love at age 15, and another can have a different interpretation and feel it at 37. Whatever that word love means to you is your own choice. It's only when many people believe they have the same interpretation of love, the "you can only love as an adult" is when these lines become skewed.

evrycloudyday7 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I believe in love. I have never been in love, but in my opinion, it doesn't matter what age you are (teen, adult, old geezer). If you TRULY love someone you cannot help or control that, you simply feel it. So I believe in teen love.

ValerieMeyer said...
Has anyone seen Dan in Real Life? There is a whole scene where the teenage kid who is in love with the daughter of Dan, and he gives this speech explaining to the father how love is an ability and not an emotion. Honestly, I don't think you can tell people whether or not they feel a certain way. And sometimes younger children have the ability to love even more than adults. I fell in love when I was sixteen, and a lot of people tried to convince me I didnt when I went away for the summer. T... (more »)

xxBlackbeltxx said...
I personally think it is possible for teenage love exists. Although it is possible doesn't mean all teenage relationships are true love. What defines love for me is that both people take it seriously instead of going from person to person like others have said. It all depends on how far the two want to go.

Forever13 said...
I have a friend, who in Middle school, We are now in high school, would jump from guy to guy. Every week, heck sometimes everyday, there would be a new guy. Each time she would say "Oh, I love him and he loves me." I wanted to scream that she couldnt even spell love, she doesnt even understand what it means to be loved, let alone to give love.

Tamara said...
Jan. 7, 2010 at 9:57 am:
Everyone will have an opinion i used to belive in the fairytale love but now i know that dose not exist i have the kinda love where even when your fighting you just want to kiss them when u don't see them u miss them like crazy.. love is hard to come by yes but don't just not belive it does happen and it will happen =)

khaizhylle said...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 1:15 am:
i really believe in teenage love.
im 16 but i'm in love in my boyfriend when i'm 15..i really love him more than my life.
i can't afford of loosing him and now, were planning to married soon.

Ashleysbff said...
Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:15 am:
I completely believe in teenage love.like Selo the first time i fell in love i was 11 and i still llove him though we're not together anymore.I believe love just happens,no matter how young or old you are.

walter said...
Dec. 31, 2009 at 1:28 am:
I do and dont blve it. i mean, i do know some adults who are happy but most teen relationships usually dont last very long. I am very conflicted here.