Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Courtney:) said...
I believe in love. how can you say adults know what love is but teenagers dont? This is like the part of life where you really meet people.

PoetOfNyx16 said...
Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:32 am
i beleive that when you first notice someone like that, it does start off as attraction, not love yet. you develop it over many years, so yes, teenage love does exist. yet love at first sight is a completley different story.

Hey-Jude said...
I do believe that the love is real. I do not believe that lust is love. That's what most teenagers believe is love. I think that's why adults think what they do.

xo.forever said...
i believe in lovee during teenage years.
im in lovee. <3

Toe_The_Line replied...
then you can't be objective, now can you?

SecretlyCoy replied...
This isn't an area you can be objective in, is it? It is an abstract thought.

ilovestarz said...
love among teens is real. no i havent been in love anytime recently. but i know people in high school are capable of it. yea, the word is overused. but my veiw is, i love everyone. all my boyfriends. im just not IN love with them. but yea its always possible to fall in love

Jesse4658 said...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:20 am
I agree. Although sometimes it gets ridiculous if they're dating for the sake of dating and they claim to have true love. Love doesn't discriminate, even when it comes to age.

Pooja said...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:39 am
Well as you described that happens in very rare cases. my perceptions around me says that teenge love has become kinda trend. i mean if you are single people around you consider so not cool or even worst not being straight. I feel funny on these talks but i guess you cant explain to all or shut their mouths..

games replied...
i really liked that article i was just talking to my teacher aqbout that today i believe in highschool; love cus im about to get married in two years

shorty707_ said...
really i think that love is something that just happens and you don't know when love will come to your life and remain in there. my parents met at high school and now they are married for 15 years and i am now in high school and i'm in love think that love exists. i believe in it. <3

aphrodite333 said...
Feb. 16, 2010 at 4:15 am
THANK YOU!!! i definitely agree with you. I think it really depends on the relationship. I defininitely believe teens can fall in love. Not all teens that are together are truely in love but some can be. It all just depends

Kaitlyn M. said...
I absolutely agree. Teen love exists. With love, we have to remember that it's something we as humans feel, not rationalize. People tell us that it can't happen, but I know this personally to be true. It's natural, instinctive. We develop as teens and mature and love comes with that.

Gabs(: said...
I personally believe in teenage love, but it also depends. I recently just broke up with my middle school boyfriend of 8 months, but i realize i had too. He distracted me to much and i depended on him to much. High School love can work.

babygirl101 said...
i totally believe in teen love.. if ur head over hillls for some and u cant stand bein without them than ur in love..Teen love does exist

Devilette said...
I always thought that there wasn't an age limit on love. I mean you love your parents when you're a baby, right!? I have a bf and am currently head-over-heels for him! Teen love exists and it rocks!!

chick-a-dee-wasaga-3 said...
I think your article could've been a bit more opinionated and more constructive.
Personally, i think that , yes , people have gotten married because of 'high-school sweethearts' but person i dont think there is such thing as teenage love. When you find the right person, i believe that's what real love is. I think elementary dating is immature, because you can't really go on dates and stuff. I think people need to grow up.

Ms. C said...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 8:42 am
All love is true love in the moment. Our definitions of love grow and develop as we age, but that doesn't mean the love in the moment is any less valid.

Maryon123 said...
Hello, first of all I wanted to say that I do beileve in teenage love, although many adults such as my parents may not beileve in it. Right now my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years now, and I'm only 14 years old. My parents say that I'm to young for boys, but I strongly disagree. Love has no age limit, so therefore it should'nt be treated as if it's just a figment of the imagination. It's more than that, it's a feeling that everyone no matter what age s... (more »)

ladylove replied...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 4:09 am
yup.. i agree to that because my parents didn't really believe that teenage love exist. me and my first boyfriend where going on one year and it is so strong.. when we have misunderstanding we didn't fight much but then we talk about it..