Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Jesse4658 said...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:20 am
I agree. Although sometimes it gets ridiculous if they're dating for the sake of dating and they claim to have true love. Love doesn't discriminate, even when it comes to age.

Pooja said...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:39 am
Well as you described that happens in very rare cases. my perceptions around me says that teenge love has become kinda trend. i mean if you are single people around you consider so not cool or even worst not being straight. I feel funny on these talks but i guess you cant explain to all or shut their mouths..

games replied...
i really liked that article i was just talking to my teacher aqbout that today i believe in highschool; love cus im about to get married in two years

shorty707_ said...
really i think that love is something that just happens and you don't know when love will come to your life and remain in there. my parents met at high school and now they are married for 15 years and i am now in high school and i'm in love think that love exists. i believe in it. <3

aphrodite333 said...
Feb. 16, 2010 at 4:15 am
THANK YOU!!! i definitely agree with you. I think it really depends on the relationship. I defininitely believe teens can fall in love. Not all teens that are together are truely in love but some can be. It all just depends

Kaitlyn M. said...
I absolutely agree. Teen love exists. With love, we have to remember that it's something we as humans feel, not rationalize. People tell us that it can't happen, but I know this personally to be true. It's natural, instinctive. We develop as teens and mature and love comes with that.

Gabs(: said...
I personally believe in teenage love, but it also depends. I recently just broke up with my middle school boyfriend of 8 months, but i realize i had too. He distracted me to much and i depended on him to much. High School love can work.

babygirl101 said...
i totally believe in teen love.. if ur head over hillls for some and u cant stand bein without them than ur in love..Teen love does exist

Devilette said...
I always thought that there wasn't an age limit on love. I mean you love your parents when you're a baby, right!? I have a bf and am currently head-over-heels for him! Teen love exists and it rocks!!

chick-a-dee-wasaga-3 said...
I think your article could've been a bit more opinionated and more constructive.
Personally, i think that , yes , people have gotten married because of 'high-school sweethearts' but person i dont think there is such thing as teenage love. When you find the right person, i believe that's what real love is. I think elementary dating is immature, because you can't really go on dates and stuff. I think people need to grow up.

Ms. C said...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 8:42 am
All love is true love in the moment. Our definitions of love grow and develop as we age, but that doesn't mean the love in the moment is any less valid.

Maryon123 said...
Hello, first of all I wanted to say that I do beileve in teenage love, although many adults such as my parents may not beileve in it. Right now my boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years now, and I'm only 14 years old. My parents say that I'm to young for boys, but I strongly disagree. Love has no age limit, so therefore it should'nt be treated as if it's just a figment of the imagination. It's more than that, it's a feeling that everyone no matter what age s... (more »)

ladylove replied...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 4:09 am
yup.. i agree to that because my parents didn't really believe that teenage love exist. me and my first boyfriend where going on one year and it is so strong.. when we have misunderstanding we didn't fight much but then we talk about it..

treysbabbygirl said...
i baleive in it to i have a boyfriend right now and i love him we have said it already to each other and weve kissed so i baleive in it

hollyhottell said...
i beleive in teen love. how can you put and age on love. we love our parents and our family. ( we do know what love is ) yes were young and learning to love in a new way but there are adults that still dont know the meaning of love. i am a sophmore in high school and i think i have met the man that i intend to be with the rest of my life. i love him and he loves me. i do know what love is

jordan_leigh replied...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 8:52 am
i agree very much so who says there is a certain age in which love happens? NOBODY thats who. nobody has the power to do that i strongly believe in teen love and i for one have felt it not once but a couple times and that is why ive been hurt. I,now boyfriendless, STILL believe in it, thats my honest oppinion

xxQuiETxxNiGhTxx said...
i think this is true i have a bf and i relly luv him but i waited until he said it first and then i was wondering did i say just cause he did but then something happend and i realized i relly do luv him and i dont no wat i do if something ever happen to him

the_invisible This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I do think that age doesn't matter that much in this context, if you fall in love in high school and if it is strong enough and if you are loved back, there is nothing that can stop you. good article!!

R2daNamvuk said...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 9:53 am
I agree with this statement. No teenages feel love until they have gotten their lives set on track. Middle/highscool relationships last for maybe a month if that. I have noticed this and i think parents should tell their kids that love is such a great feeling that is can only be shared with one special person. Some kids get so distraught about teen relationships that they enter depression, and sometimes even kill themselves!

megalooski92 said...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 9:14 am
You don't have to be a certain age to love someone. Teenagers can fall in love just as college students or other adults. But it doesn't mean they're meant to be together forever, or meant to get married. I'm seventeen and I've loved someone, but that doesn't mean I plan on marrying him (ever).