Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

RockP said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 10:39 pm:
i believe it is....cause me and my bf love eachother every much...and like i dont use the word love lightly like some ppl do now and days.....and neither does he....i think when u tell a adult that they think ur too young to know the true meaning of love....that u have to be old to know wat it is.....but i personally think u dont....i think that teens can fall in love....and even get married to the person they fell for....i think adults should stop lookin at love as something u can find when u a... (more »)

confused said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 6:21 pm:
I used to think that teenage love was pure fiction, but then I met this boy. everyday he makes me smile. I think about him all the time and he makes me feel like I'm special. I used to think that teenage love was purely misread hormones. But now I don't know what it thinks. this boy has caused alot of confusion in my life about what I believe and what I don't. I don't know if I love him, but I might.

His_Girl_Forever09/03/09 said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 4:35 pm:
I believe it is possible to find your true love in high school. Not everyone goes by their hormones. I believe the timing is different for every. I agree that you can't put an age on love. Now i'm not saying a freshman in high school will find true love yet i could be wrong maybe they will. I believe in the idea because i'm having it go on in my life but also because i've seen people that are married and are still together even after the high school which is a major test for ... (more »)

Kirstiboo said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 4:22 pm:
I think that teenage love does exist. BUT, I also think it's rare. Teens are infatuated with each other, sure. Physically attracted to each other, heck yeah. But, it really does depend on the level of maturity. I'm a teenager and I'm very infatuated with my boyfriend as well as physically attracted to him. I do love and care for him but I don't think he is my "true love" if there is suck a thing. To be in love, I think you'd have to know who you are and want to... (more »)

Misterthedude said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 12:23 pm:
No, they lie to themselves and think that they are in love when really they arent. Hormones =/= love. And when they are in "love" lets see how long that lasts when they go to different colleges.

Sunshine! said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 11:50 am:
I think that love can exist wherever it is possible for someone to fall in love. I think that, yes, teens do often take their arm candy too seriously. For instance, I don't think carrying someone's lunch tray to the trash to dump it for them warrants the phrase "I love you" like people at school seem to think, but I also think that there are many KINDS of love. You love your shoes, you love your dog, you love your parents--you might love your boyfriend/girlfriend. It really, ... (more »)

luv_and_peace said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 10:10 am:
I do agree that teenagers can fall in love, but I think that many claim they are "in love" and give too much away to a guy in high school. Maturity plays a huge roll, and I think that some people are mature enough in high school to have a legitimate relationship, but many others are not even close to ready.

pfgoldfish13 said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 8:52 am:
I'm a teen. I've been in love with the same guy for thre and a half years. I say it is possible to find true love in high school. =)

iNERDY said...
Feb. 6, 2010 at 12:12 am:
I believe that teens CAN fall in love but i also believe that the SHOULDNT fall in love. Be real, we all know those serial monogomists who fall "in love" with like 3 different ppl every month. and not only that why would u want to be in a serious relationship in high school? thats what Adulthood is for.

07_mariab said...
Feb. 4, 2010 at 5:02 am:
teen love is real! Anyone at anyage can fall inlove!

angel013 said...
Feb. 3, 2010 at 9:42 am:
well im a teen and im in love i been with this dude since i was 12 im 16 now

Sara! said...
Feb. 3, 2010 at 8:06 am:
I completely agree with this

Diamondlady said...
Feb. 1, 2010 at 10:40 am:
Well I am much older and have grown kids and I know teenage love exists without a doubt. It does depend on the maturity of the two involved however. I met my husband at 19 and we are together 33 years later. I have recently spoken to old friends from high school and of several that met and dated and married shortly after high school nearly all of them are still together many years later.
That being said a teen does have a hard time discerning strong physical versus intellectual love. ... (more »)

Peaches27 said...
I have to agree, love is kind of amazing like that, where it has no specific rules. I agree too many people declare their love for someone, only to break up a week or two later (happened to my friend). I am with a boy who means the world to me, and we haven't told each other we love each other yet, but I think we both know we do. It's a commitment to love someone

just_because said...
I believe in High School love fully. But I also believe that there is often a difference between love and true love. In my head, they are not mutually inclusive or mutually exclusive concepts; they both exist, and sometimes they are the same and sometimes they aren't.
Kids can know what love is, but kids are always changing--they fall in and out of love frequently. Not easily; just frequently.

Jacki F. said...
Love has no age. It doesn't matter if they're 18 or 80; love is love. If you get the butterflies, and you can't stop thinking about them, it's love. You'll know it when it's love. It doesn't matter the age.

Chelsea.Anne said...
I agree that older high school students can fall in love; my parents met in high school and they've been married for almost 18 years. Now, I definitely think that there's a difference between lust and love. I think that's what a lot of adults think; hormones get in the way and make us crazy! But think about this, we wouldn't be attracted to others without hormones!

Dustfingers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 29, 2010 at 10:12 am:
If we were in a different age people would be finding love as young as 12 my great grandmother got mrried when she was around my age. Society began controlling when someone can and can't love when the truth of the matter is if society didn't frown upon young love, we'd problably have less babies out of wed lock and it'll push for more responsibiolity on the teenagers part becuase thy actually have responsibilities of thier own. You can find love any where you just have to kno... (more »)

kempsuperman said...
oh and this is great lol keep writing

kempsuperman said...
love is love no matter the person no matter the age nobody can stop it . if it can be stopped with words or opinions its not love