Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

luvdance said...
I bet love exists in high school!!!
i can't wait till high school yayay! just 1 more year. But what am i supposed to do when my parents don't think i should date till i'm like 18. What if they don't let me. I've had a boyfriend but my parents are so strict and overprotective that I couldn't see him outside of school and it ruined our relationship!!! someone help me!!!

oliveyag replied...
Apr. 14, 2010 at 9:33 am
I don't believe there is an age on love, both my parents and my host parents met in highschool and are still married. But, i do think that teens are much more likely to think they're in true love when really it's not. That said, I do think teen love can and does happen.

(Paige) said...
Love can happen to the best, or worst, of people, no matter their age. Most high school, or younger, relationships begin with lust, but can blossom and grow into the true love you see happily married sixty-seven year old couples have for each other.
My boyfriend of two years and I met when we were both twelve. We have only broken up a couple of times over the past year(s). We have been through tough struggles, which may have made us have a stronger connection than other couples our age.... (more »)

FlamableFyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i believe that teenage love is possible, too. in fact, i believe im in love. i have had one other real boyfriend other than the one i have now. this is the thrid time ive gone out with the one i have now. the other one took my heart and broke it, and the boyfriend i have now was there to steal my heart and fix it. he saved me when my world was falling apart, how could i not love him

liberty moonbeam said...
Feb. 28, 2010 at 12:17 am
i do believe teenage love exsists i am not in love but i do believe my best friend is in love

Bluemonsterhugs said...
yes, I have fallen in love. Some say it sucks and it does. Some people think they are in love only when it is strong like. Love is hard to explain and hard to get out of. Im not with the person Im in love with because they are no good. But im with someone better. Love does suck sometimes and exsits in everyone, any age. Age is just a number, and gender is just an other label to judge. And one can fall madly in love no matter how they look, how they act, what they say, what they read, how old or ... (more »)

A-Nonymous replied...
This is really well written. I completely agree with your thoughts: love does suck sometimes, and people need to realize that age is just a number; it's not something that makes you who you are.

loveee:) replied...
Mar. 17, 2010 at 10:52 am
I completely agree with what you say. Well except for love can suck, Im in love right now and i honestly think it is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me:] But age is just a number, and it doesnt matter how old or young the people are or what grades they are in, Love is Love. And age shouldnt matter.

Screen-name said...
We are teenagers, but it doesn't mean we're incapable of love. Sometimes though we get to caught up in superficial things like how we look with the person we're with. And that really isn't true love. But really I don't think love has a number. It happens at different times in a person's life. That's why some people get married when they're 20 and others at 40.

Jose4Jesus said...
Love exists everywhere and when it's real, it'll last no matter what age. Lust, however...isn't. Too many teens confuse Lust for Love.

Lily1 replied...
Mar. 5, 2010 at 11:23 am
I believe that people do confuse love and lust. I believe God is love, what about you?

runnergrl replied...
Yeah teenage love might be real but teens don't always have enough experience to see the difference between love and lust.

Jose4Jesus replied...
Yes I totally believe that God is love! :D

daniellecakes said...
love can occur at any age. it most certainetly is a magical thing. not every one has fallen in love yet. love is when you cannot bare to be apart from the other person. its when you smile everytime you talk to them or even think about them. love is trust. love is caring. love gives you butterflys in your stomach. love is life :)

_luvzUtoo_ said...
I believe in the love that teenagers have, I'm in love right now, and I'm going to love until well forever, I believe!!! : )

Courtney:) said...
I believe in love. how can you say adults know what love is but teenagers dont? This is like the part of life where you really meet people.

PoetOfNyx16 said...
Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:32 am
i beleive that when you first notice someone like that, it does start off as attraction, not love yet. you develop it over many years, so yes, teenage love does exist. yet love at first sight is a completley different story.

Hey-Jude said...
I do believe that the love is real. I do not believe that lust is love. That's what most teenagers believe is love. I think that's why adults think what they do.

xo.forever said...
i believe in lovee during teenage years.
im in lovee. <3

Toe_The_Line replied...
then you can't be objective, now can you?

SecretlyCoy replied...
This isn't an area you can be objective in, is it? It is an abstract thought.