Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Screen-name said...
We are teenagers, but it doesn't mean we're incapable of love. Sometimes though we get to caught up in superficial things like how we look with the person we're with. And that really isn't true love. But really I don't think love has a number. It happens at different times in a person's life. That's why some people get married when they're 20 and others at 40.
Jose4Jesus said...
Love exists everywhere and when it's real, it'll last no matter what age. Lust, however...isn't. Too many teens confuse Lust for Love.
Lily1 replied...
Mar. 5, 2010 at 11:23 am
I believe that people do confuse love and lust. I believe God is love, what about you?
runnergrl replied...
Yeah teenage love might be real but teens don't always have enough experience to see the difference between love and lust.
Jose4Jesus replied...
Yes I totally believe that God is love! :D
daniellecakes said...
love can occur at any age. it most certainetly is a magical thing. not every one has fallen in love yet. love is when you cannot bare to be apart from the other person. its when you smile everytime you talk to them or even think about them. love is trust. love is caring. love gives you butterflys in your stomach. love is life :)
_luvzUtoo_ said...
I believe in the love that teenagers have, I'm in love right now, and I'm going to love until well forever, I believe!!! : )
Courtney:) said...
I believe in love. how can you say adults know what love is but teenagers dont? This is like the part of life where you really meet people.
PoetOfNyx16 said...
Feb. 23, 2010 at 11:32 am
i beleive that when you first notice someone like that, it does start off as attraction, not love yet. you develop it over many years, so yes, teenage love does exist. yet love at first sight is a completley different story.
Hey-Jude said...
I do believe that the love is real. I do not believe that lust is love. That's what most teenagers believe is love. I think that's why adults think what they do.
xo.forever said...
i believe in lovee during teenage years.
im in lovee. <3
Toe_The_Line replied...
then you can't be objective, now can you?
SecretlyCoy replied...
This isn't an area you can be objective in, is it? It is an abstract thought.
ilovestarz said...
love among teens is real. no i havent been in love anytime recently. but i know people in high school are capable of it. yea, the word is overused. but my veiw is, i love everyone. all my boyfriends. im just not IN love with them. but yea its always possible to fall in love
Jesse4658 said...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:20 am
I agree. Although sometimes it gets ridiculous if they're dating for the sake of dating and they claim to have true love. Love doesn't discriminate, even when it comes to age.
Pooja said...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:39 am
Well as you described that happens in very rare cases. my perceptions around me says that teenge love has become kinda trend. i mean if you are single people around you consider so not cool or even worst not being straight. I feel funny on these talks but i guess you cant explain to all or shut their mouths..
games replied...
i really liked that article i was just talking to my teacher aqbout that today i believe in highschool; love cus im about to get married in two years
shorty707_ said...
really i think that love is something that just happens and you don't know when love will come to your life and remain in there. my parents met at high school and now they are married for 15 years and i am now in high school and i'm in love think that love exists. i believe in it. <3
aphrodite333 said...
Feb. 16, 2010 at 4:15 am
THANK YOU!!! i definitely agree with you. I think it really depends on the relationship. I defininitely believe teens can fall in love. Not all teens that are together are truely in love but some can be. It all just depends
Kaitlyn M. said...
I absolutely agree. Teen love exists. With love, we have to remember that it's something we as humans feel, not rationalize. People tell us that it can't happen, but I know this personally to be true. It's natural, instinctive. We develop as teens and mature and love comes with that.