Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

scott bender said...
May 12, 2011 at 1:38 pm:
what i though about this is ture cuz in high school you just get your hert broke aging and aging it happed to me and now i am going to whet tell i get there tankes for the idvice tho

Lovergirl said...
May 11, 2011 at 4:01 pm:
i believe in teenage love im in high school date a wonderful guy and i love him wih 2 spean my life with him =)

lil d1617 said...
May 10, 2011 at 9:47 am:

do believe in teenage love. Not because I myself am a teenager, I believe that one person is made perfectly for you and god will grace you with finding that person when you yourself are ready for them.

lil d 1617 said...
May 10, 2011 at 9:45 am:
i belive teenage love can last forever if you and your sprouse want it to last foreverlove can be as long as youwant it to be there is no ending point for love that is just mi opinion

SilverDropsofLife said...
May 9, 2011 at 8:47 pm:
Nice!  I totally agree.  Teenagers are able to love just as much as adults.  Maybe even more.  There isn't an age limit on love.  It happens when it happens.  Yes, it does depend on maturity level, but sometimes you need that teen to experience love in order for them to grow up.

scarlite said...
May 8, 2011 at 3:14 pm:
 thare is nothing that says teens can't be in love. the problem is that theywach shows that often have people that "hit" on people just caz thare "hot". teen love would be more abundint,realy love,if you liked a person for there personality.now i'm not saying that the few of you that are in love can't admiare the person your in love with phisical aperince but make shure you also like them.

justalittle said...
May 7, 2011 at 9:07 am:
In my opinion, teen love is not wrong when they see the limit. Some special feeling as a student makes you happy and have recognization about love, your life, your responsibility... If you're in love (actually "crush"), just take it easy, don't worry about anything. Just be yourself, not regret. My crushes in high school were so kute, we just be friends, took care of each other. Looking at his face, his smile make me feel so great. Althogh we're now on the different ways, we still respect each o... (more »)

UnrequitedHollow said...
May 6, 2011 at 8:56 pm:
I think it is possible. I myself thought i loved someone but it was merel infatuation. I think you merely have to let it happen in it's own time. If it dosent happen, it dosent. Love, however...hmm, the meaning of it seems to escape me. I suppose i have never experienced it, and i suppose the CAN make it hard for me to say much about it. But teenage love is wholly possible, simply because we're all human. We may not understand it, but it's there in our hearts.

DylanBaugher said...
May 5, 2011 at 2:41 pm:
i personally beleave in teen love. my mom and dad dated since they were in high school and a little before and they never stopped loving each other. The proble today is some teens think there in love or are in love with the thought of being in love, so its rare today but it can happen.

TerraTAZz said...
May 5, 2011 at 10:18 am:
I do believe in teenage love. Not because I myself am a teenager, I believe that one person is made perfectly for you ( soulmate ) and god will grace you with finding that person when you yourself are ready for them.

X-morgie-X said...
May 3, 2011 at 9:50 pm:

Meredith

I completly agree with you that teenage love does exist! It is true that many people do not understand how or whaat it is but i personaly have felt some sort of love before and i am a teen. I love your point of veiw keep writing your doing a great job!

writtenfire14 said...
May 3, 2011 at 8:05 pm:

teenage love definitely exists. personally, i think it just changes forms as you age. 

i, for one, have always had a "crush" on someone. i remember my very first crush, in first grade. his name was jarret rockitch. i also remember my first, what i consider to be, love. john watkins. that happened earlier this year. my heart leapt every time i saw him, i felt warm all over from his touch, and i felt as if i could fly when we kissed. 

it's over now. but all the same, it ... (more »)

Monalicious said...
i believe in it....it does exist...and its rare nowadays bcuz ppl think they fall in luv in middle skool....etc. cuz i did

devyanixxx said...
Apr. 30, 2011 at 11:47 am:
i believe in teenage luv........its kinda rare cuz mostly attraction is misunderstood as luv.........but teenage luv definately exists.......

shimmer70 said...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 4:45 am:
i think its all robbish

tropicana replied...
May 7, 2011 at 4:30 am :
i totally agree with u... i also think these all things r just rubbish.. teenage love is cute.. most of the people hav their 1st crush during adlosence only.. but no1 can claim that their luv is true & it'll exsist further

kaykay1992 said...
i believe in teenage love. i've been with my boyfriend for two years. and yeah i love him, not saying that it will last forever but you can still defintely be in love at any age.

Mystisha said...
Apr. 28, 2011 at 3:17 am:
I truly dont know about love..i once had a crush on a guy and i even told him that i like him but he just said that i'm just a friend for him..nothingelse...and it all got over..no calls no messages..and after that i was in three relationships too but dey were unsuccessful..and now its been 2years but i have not forgotten my crush..he's still in my mind..Was it love?..or just a crush?

LooknWonderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I agree with you, but as for this article it slightly confused me it was as if you were saying that you disagreed and phrased everything as a question, until the very last part where you finally put your real opinion... Unusual and mostly ineffective tactic for persausive pieces.

luvsoccer3000 replied...
Apr. 27, 2011 at 8:38 pm :
yeah i feel the same i really didn't get what the end opinion was