Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

on Sep. 3 2011 at 1:55 am
callie15 BRONZE, North Plains, Oregon

"I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?"
-Chuang Tzu

"No man with a good car needs to be justified!"
-Wise Blood

Totally agree with you :)

on Sep. 3 2011 at 1:54 am
callie15 BRONZE, North Plains, Oregon

-Chuang Tzu

-Wise Blood

Good article, but it could have been longer.

on Sep. 1 2011 at 8:23 pm
kaylarocks SILVER, AURORA, Colorado

"The more you take responsibility for your past and present, the more you are able to create the future you seek." - Author Unknown

think your absolutly right!! graet article

Girlygirl27 said...
on Sep. 1 2011 at 9:28 am
Teenage love IS real!!!!! i love you Adam Owen!!!!!!!!!

on Aug. 20 2011 at 11:28 pm
I TOTALLY AGREE! Except I also think that you have to know yourself to truly know and love someone else... and teens are still developing their character and their preferences in character. Other than that I am in agreement.

ambnyc SILVER said...
on Aug. 20 2011 at 2:09 pm
ambnyc SILVER, Rego Park, New York

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss

I think you can fall in love at any age. Love doesn't have a set time, age, or date to happen. A couple can go out a few weeks and be in love, or a few years and be in love. It doesn't matter.

I also think you can fall in and out of love, that there is no predestined "soulmate" for you - but that there are many people with the potential to be.

on Aug. 12 2011 at 9:33 pm
Kylie-o PLATINUM, Onsted, Michigan

"People haven't always been there for me, but music has." -- Taylor Alison Swift

I personally believe in teenage love. I think teenage love is the best shape and form of love because teenagers are newer to love than adults and sometimes are more open. Almost every couple in my family has met their loved ones in high school and that's just amazing. It's amazing to know exactly what you want and find it in a person so young. :)

on Aug. 11 2011 at 1:39 pm
RandomInspiration GOLD, Schulenburg, Texas

Laugh as much as you breathe, and love as long as you live <3

Great point I agree completely

on Aug. 10 2011 at 12:34 pm
StrangeJade PLATINUM, Relative Obscurity, California

"Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it." - Life of Pi

I think that what teenagers are capable of feeling for each other is indeed love – the same kind of love that adults feel for each other, however much they may deny it. The problem is just that teenagers are usually mature or responsible enough to handle, say, getting married. But by my standards, you don't have to be all that mature to be in love. :)

on Aug. 3 2011 at 7:18 pm
emolover95 GOLD, Park City, Utah

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

I personally don't believe that "teen love" is something that exists in my life. That does not mean that it doesn't exist for someone else. So good for you guys that have it. That's really neat! That's really special.

on Jul. 29 2011 at 3:53 pm
Kelli_2011 DIAMOND, Fillmore, California

this too shall pass

TEENAGE LOVE IS SO REAL!!!

JitchDiaries said...
on Jul. 26 2011 at 8:32 pm
JitchDiaries, Cavite, Other
Teenage love exists! Love happens to anyone, anytime, anywhere. 

on Jul. 26 2011 at 5:31 pm
alexandria1124 BRONZE, Nowhere., Kentucky
Love, in my opinion, is true dedication, loyalty and commitment. Most teens aren't put into situations that require those things, so it makes it easier on their relationship. You love someone, when you've went to Earths end for them. And, if you're a teen when you experience that, then that's teenage love. Though, most don't experience until adulthood. 

cloudydays29 said...
on Jul. 26 2011 at 4:05 pm
Love is a personal thing, wheather it comes when you are fifteen or seventy two, and i believe it can happen anytime, anywhere.

Rarity said...
on Jul. 21 2011 at 11:51 am
Does it matter if you believe in High School love or not? You'll feel the same thing either way, it's just what you want to call it. 

on Jul. 20 2011 at 12:28 am
Meggy129 BRONZE, Hebron, Illinois
the problem today with teenage love is that the word love is tossed around so carelessly its disgusting. I personally believe in it but the problem is a lot of people over use that word but I also beileve that its not just teenagers who over use that word. If the word love wasn't used so easily and casually then maybe love would be easier to define.

on Jul. 13 2011 at 11:54 pm
far.from.you. GOLD, Bradenton, Florida

" She completly fell for him, but he didnt even stumble...</3" -unknown.

I absolutley believe in teenage love,(: I've struggled with some... intense problems the past couple years, i thought no one understood me. Until one day a boy in the grade above me started talking to me, then he started telling me about him, and then the day came when he found out the real me, well the "screwed up" me.. i thought our friendship was over, but then he helped me, & talked me through everything. I must have cried in fron of him 20 times, and he always was there, no matter what. He was my bestfriend, until the day he randomly comes up to me in the hallway and says,

"Hey.. I uhm, i think i'm in love with you.."

My life changed forever, and thats why i believe in teenage love, i mean, im only 14(:

k.s.h. GOLD said...
on Jul. 11 2011 at 6:07 pm
k.s.h. GOLD, Depauw, Indiana

Two roads diverged in a wood and I--I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost

I really don't know what I think about the subject.  I'm only a tween/preteen and I really don't even know if I can comment on this kind of thing.  On one hand, I think it's fate for some teenagers to fall in love and the relationship is serious.  On the other hand, I see a lot of silly puppy love crap. 

????????????????

on Jul. 9 2011 at 12:33 am
countrygirl3394, Carver, Massachusetts

No matter what you're going through, it will end eventually. So if it's bad, keep your chin up. And if it's good, enjoy it while it lasts.

After two very serious teenage relationships, I do still believe teen love. At first, after my latest break-up, I was done with dating as a teenager but now, I think it is possible for someone to find their soulmate at a younger age. Two of my best friends have been with their boyfriends for over a year and they've proven it to me.

on Jul. 8 2011 at 8:42 pm
singingwriter14 BRONZE, Chester, New York

"Some days you're the statue. Some days you're the pigeon."

Ok, that it just about  one of the sweetest things I've ever heard! Go you! :-)

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!