Beautiful Friends

I’ve been to a lot of different schools. Every year and a half or so I move on to another because of family reasons. Now most of the time when I was ready to move on I had just started fitting in, Just started to not be ‘the new kid’ who everyone picked on, Just started to make real friends. Then I got to year seven, the worst year of my life. It was so bad I changed schools after two terms. In each and every one of these schools there was something I found.
I’m in yr 10 now and even though I’m not the new kid anymore I still feel judged. I even see my friends doing it sometimes. The bullying isn’t your normal primary school bullying anymore its deeper. Its comments, its looks and its subtle things that gradually wear you down and attack yourself esteem until you crack. We are forced to conform to a certain way of thinking. Don’t want to wear makeup? Then you’re not beautiful. Don’t want to get your hair styled and have the latest clothes? You’re a disposable thing for someone else to compare themselves to in order to make themselves feel better.
But these things don’t make you beautiful. Sure they might get you popular but who actually likes the popular girl? Is she happy? Why do we fool ourselves into thinking we need things that only make us miserable? Why do we choose fake friends instead of real ones just because we believe they’ll make us look good?
Beautiful friends are that special rare friend who will take you how you are. Otherwise who are they really accepting? The ones who are willing to put up with your dorky obsessions and who you can laugh and who you cry you’re out heart with. They won’t judge you because you rather read a book than some trashy gossip magazine.
These friendships are so special because they’re the ones that you keep in touch with when you go your separate ways. I love you Jessiee – my truly beautiful friend (and the only one I’ve even had in the 7 or so schools I’ve been too!) The sad thing is there people are so rare. There rare because everyone’s trying to be someone else. Everyone’s trying to be something there not. Imagine what the world would be like if we were just us and let ourselves all be beautiful friends....

MikiHelman said...
Friends come and go, big deal

setora replied...
Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:09 pm :
loool thats sad but true

gmoney10 said...

Why hello there, i wouldnt want to always be known as the new girl. but then again after all the drama here at my school then i wouldnt mind to go and start off and be thew girl.

but we are all diffrent and i think you should just make the best of it. and look at it in a good way, you get to know more people from diffrent places. and when you get older you have people to visit

Kitten111 replied...
Oct. 15, 2010 at 3:49 pm :
Why hello to you to, and wow, thats exactly whats happened actually.  I have all these people add me on facebook from my old schools that I was either friends with or they just remember me and now I know ton's of people.  Some of them I was heaps distant from but now were heaps close it is the most bizzar thing! and yeah I guess I know what you mean by all the drama and wanting a fresh start, sometimes you just want new people to mingle with!and the good things about it is those people... (more »)

feeling sorry said...
Apr. 27, 2010 at 6:35 am:
I love the brutal honesty of your writing awwww *big hugs* I wish I could make things better for you 

Kitten111 replied...
Apr. 27, 2010 at 11:31 pm :
Thanks but things are actually fine ^^ rough past but a bright future I more wrote this to show people why most of them are miserable and the impact that people around us can have on us and our view on life.

inspired said...
Apr. 22, 2010 at 4:33 am:
My year 7 school was sh*t as too and I moved though the only regret i have was the most sweetest guy iv'e ever met that asked m out and I said no even though I really liked him ... dont ask me why :/ I should of but I though I was too young  

CowanQueen replied...
Sept. 14, 2010 at 3:49 pm :
aw.. I know what you mean.  I have had something close to that same experince happen and I regret it everyday.

Elisa said...
wow this is really sweet  ... good job writing about your own experience that can be hard 

Taco1 said...

Girl...i feel your pain, ive been to 8 schools and everytime i feel accepted i have to move schools. It's the same with me, I move to a different school every year or so. It really sucks.  Last year I REALLY liked this one school, on the last day of school...i bawled because i realized that I was probably never gonna see those people again....I'm just now learning to keep my head held high thats  just what you gotta do k?

By the way...im always bee\ing talked about too, by fa... (more »)

Kitten111 replied...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 4:23 pm :
I don't think there are too many people like us and yes we have to be soldiers and it is hard but don't just push people you've met at other schools away ... Keep in touch over facebook and you never know when your gonna see then again *big hugs* and if you ever want to talk about just let me know :) thanks for understanding 

Kitten111 said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 2:38 pm:
thanks for all your comments guys much appreciated and VERY encouraging :D I wasn't expecting such a reaction so thank you :)

Yvaine_96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 12, 2010 at 5:51 am :
Honey, keep on waiting. I have thew orst case of red pimples, greasy hair, nerdy glasses. People makes fun of me right on my face, but they are also nice with me. Why? Because i keep my head held high every where i go. If they ask me about my flaws, I just simply ans:" Yeah I have flaws." Be proud and love yourself and people will love you

Kitten111 replied...
Mar. 12, 2010 at 2:56 pm :
haha Hi five for Glasses!!! lol :) thats awesome and thats exactly what I've learnt to do because I'm like a real shortie and I have glasses so yeah if someone teases me I'm like dynamite comes on small packages :P and don't call your pimples and greasy hair flaws :( there not there 'normal inconveniences' because every one gets them its not like you can help it and the'll be gone soon enough !! :)

Mar. 14, 2010 at 5:50 am :
haha thanx a lot!!!

bookworm95 said...
Mar. 2, 2010 at 12:37 pm:
Soooo true:). I met my best friend in the first grade and have moved around quite a bit since then. But we've always kept in touch and in all the cities I've lived in, she's always been the one who was there for me even though she was so far away. Now I live in the same town again and we're inseperable.

babigurl9-1-09 said...
Mar. 2, 2010 at 12:25 pm:
i tottal agree with u. If you don't do the latest stuff people flip.This gurl in my school started this rumor about us. n it wasn't nice. i was really moved when i read this writing!

babigurl9-1-09 said...
Mar. 2, 2010 at 12:23 pm:
that is soo true. i tottally feel that way. ik how u feel.

muffie said...
I totaly agree wit u 100%. i have been goin to the same school sence 7th grade nd still don't feel fully comfortable with my classmates. Wat i dnt understand about the people that i am around is how they thinks stupid and weird to truely b a child of God in high school. Like just bcuz i wld rather go to church or bible study than go to a partie wit drinkin nd smokin im borin. They think that i have no friends bcuz i like spendin time wit my family nd i get along wit my mom. Like im childish... (more »)

Kitten111 replied...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 12:07 am :
after i changed schools at the end of year 7 my dad put me into a Christian school .... im in a better environment now but if anything im further away from God than ever :( thats for your comment i admire your strength :) as long as your happy im glad that your so strong in what you believe in !

muffie replied...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 6:12 pm :
Yeah i understand were ur comin from. Some ppl who feel like they r bein forced to live a religous life turn further away from God but thanks for commenting write me anytime!!!