Believed

I used to believe that everyone has someone meant for them in the world, but I realized that it was all false hopes.I used to love a boy and though he was the perfect one and that nothing could come between us,but things changed.His heart became cold as ice and he let go.I feel that it was my fault and I could have stopped it, but I didn't try because my heart was so shattered like glass.Sometimes you don't realize what you have till you lose it.I have seen another example where my best friend was facing a sickness and this boy loved her alot and wanted to be there and when she died, it felt like the world stood still with no movements at all.I guess things happen for a reason, but that reason could be you.Maybe you aren't good enough,pretty enough, or anything else.Time goes on and so does life,so don't believe every word that the one you love could say to you because you never know if it is the truth or lies.I once believed and made that mistake, dont follow in my footsteps.

Gina M. said...
Jan. 17, 2011 at 10:30 am
ok i understand ur pain -i have been there too but u have to keep going!!!! u will find him the right one! it turned out im in love with my best guy friend and we are soo happpy .you just have to look not with your eyes but with your heart,it will know .

chevy said...
you have to put yourself out there to be hurt so you can learn the signs and reasons why they would do that. it will get easier to get hurt as time goes by.

maci. said...
Girl you have to keep going. Ive been in the same situation, but now im happy again and doin great, for awhile i didnt trust and was bitter, then i let go bc it wasnt getting me anywhere. After I let go and trusted and took a chance again, I learned that I was okay, I didnt need him, bc he was just one jerk closer to finding the right guy for me. You can't let one guy ruin your life.

Yvaine_96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 12, 2010 at 6:34 am
So it didnt work out! Big deal. You were just too eager in finding some one, thats the problem. Live your life and love will come at the right time. TRUST ME

bamboom212 said...
U cant live ur life without trusting people. It's hard 2 open that hole again in risk of getting hurt again. It's extremely hard, but u have 2 force yourself to get around it somehow. Doesn't really matter how. Make it so u feel better just being around the jerk. You can do whatever, just be happy anyway u can. It payz off after a while.

Ariana T. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I thought i was "in love too." When we're this young we confuse intense attraction, uber care, and admiration and infatuation for love. We can't help it. We can't expect to find our life partners so early on. There security in real love, and real understanding and friendship. When there isn't a good foundation, a friendship, communication, things fall to pieces. It's to be expected. The right ONE will come eventually...just not now.

Britanie D. said...
When life hitsyou with these kind of situations, you have to think of the outcomes. Of course you want to just dwell on what happened and be sad , but they're really second chances. So take your second chance and find someone who is gonna love and support you and not give up on you. Good Luck. And nice writing.

DreamGlider said...
Sept. 8, 2009 at 10:10 am
love hurts, but sometimes it's a good hurt. if someone truely loves you, they wouldn't intentionally hurt you. there is someone for everyone. you can't expect to find that someone right away. you wouldnt cherish him enough if you didnt have to work for him.

Ariana T. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
yup. at the same time though, if a guy loves you enough, he work for YOU and not make it the other way around.

forever_dancer said...
im sorry, that sounds really awful

Karli Y. said...
yeah i used to belive every word my boyfriend said and then he broke up with me because needed to learn not to cheat