Different. Unicamitante BellisimaMore Then One (Every girl should read this) Body, Peresona, Beauty | Teen Ink

Different. Unicamitante BellisimaMore Then One (Every girl should read this) Body, Peresona, Beauty

She walked into the building and her smile lit up his world. She was wearing tight jeans, low cut and had a t-shirt with the Rolling Stones on it. Her blonde hair hung just below her waist and her blue eyes sparkled like the sun. Her thin frame moved with a swiftness that left him breathless. Arianna, he thought. She ran to hang with her friends the “popular girls” who all looked just like her. Thin figure, long hair and intriguing style. The all began to move and he knew it was time for him to stop staring.

She walked into the building her shoulder length brown hair in a ponytail today. He muddy brown eyes looked wet, as though she had been crying. Her jeans fit nice around her legs and her glasses, were red and round framed. Her braces stuck out the minute she opened her mouth and her mid-section looked as it always did, round, rounder then others. She had on a t-shirt that was one size too big. She always dressed like this, like she was shy of her body. Why? He thought. Alice is beautiful, so curvy even if she dose have a bigger stomach then others. Alice headed to go with her friends. They were all better looking then her according to his friends but he enjoyed Alice. She was smart, witty, and even if she wasn’t comfortable in her own skin she never showed it. She went through life wit a disarming nature that made him smile. Ah Alice, he thought.

She walked into the school her crazy curly red hair flying around her as she walked. She had on a vintage skirt and a lace shirt. Her grin eyes twinkled like the stars. Her tall boots went up to her knee. She was not skinny by any means but she was not fat as in obese. She was healthy and beautiful. She walked to her locker and grabbed her books. Sherry, he thought. She never stopped to talk to anyone. At first he thought she enjoyed being recluse but then realized no one hung out with her. Maybe because of how she dressed. He wasn’t sure. He enjoyed looking at her trip her way through the halls of school. Sweet Sherry, he thought as he turned to laugh with his buddies.

All different body types. All different personalities. Different. Yet, each of these boys like how they look. I am not saying that it matters what a guy thinks about you but what I am saying is that there is more then one type of beautiful and girls need to realize that. Body types are all different and this topic appeals to me because am not the Barbie girl with the coca-cola shape. Really, no one is everyone has there own taste. It also appeals to me because I have a friend who I suspect is not eating anymore. She doesn’t want to gain weight and she doses not think she is pretty. Now, she wants blue contacts and got blonde highlights. Girls are not meant to be perfect and personality just beautifies you even more. I enjoy saying this, Unicamitante Bellisima. I think of my self like that. Uniquely Beautiful in Italian. We are all beautiful in a unique way. Personalities only help to beautify us. Personality defines us not looks. Remember that. And don’t think I am saying this while I have the guys on my tail and am a Megan Fox or something because is sooooo am not. Be comfortable with yourself and learn to like what God gave you.

I would really love and appreciate comments.

_ashh GOLD said...
on May. 2 2010 at 8:17 pm
_ashh GOLD, Chavies, Kentucky

"Forever is composed of nows." --Emily Dickenson

loved this!

i feel the same way. I am very small built, but I have brown hair and brown eyes and always think I am not pretty enough.

I have a gorgeous boyfriend, and I always think his ex girlfriends are so much prettier than me bc they are the blonde barbie doll type.

I am learning to love myself, and reading this really brightened my day, thanks for letting me know someone else feels the same way as me! (:

on Mar. 19 2010 at 7:58 am
CardinalRunner BRONZE, Holland, Michigan
Really enjoyed reading this :)

on Mar. 9 2010 at 7:54 pm
musiclover114 SILVER, Woodstock, Georgia

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

born an original, why die a copy?

wow really really good.one of my bff's is starting up a club about this topic.im not the barbie doll coca-cola look either and i used to freak out about my wait but now i realize perfect isnt skinny, with big breasts,and blue eyes,and blonde hair.there is no perfect,but being beautiful is excepting urself,flaws and all.

on Feb. 25 2010 at 1:01 pm
ThatGirl.. GOLD, New Delhi, Other

Those people who say they know everything.annoy those of us who do..!

reelie likd hw u put ur thots true....keep writing....

on Jan. 12 2010 at 11:55 am
silent-one BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

things arent always as they seem.

this is a great article. we have talked about this issue in my women in lit class. some agree and others jus stick to skinny is beautiful. i loved the diversity u used.

on Jan. 7 2010 at 2:46 pm
Renegadegirl2012 SILVER, Columbus, Montana

"Maybe its true, maybe we don't know what we have until we have lost it. But maybe its also true that we don't know what we need until we have found it." -Unknown

Im a Mexican with dark hair and blue eyes. A lot of people comment on how I look and sometimes I get compliments. I like this somethimes...it makes me feel good, but I wish people would notice my personality too. God makes us all beautiful in different ways.

on Dec. 21 2009 at 7:43 pm
bamboom212 PLATINUM, Chestnut Ridge, New York

"The truth with a bad intent, is worse than any lie you can ever invent."
"You are smarter than you think. You are stronger than you look. You are braver than you feel."

i see what u mean purpleheart. many stereotype the blue-eyed, blonde-haired girlz as the popular selfish onez but it's up to u to prove em wrong.

i know the writer of this didn't mean anything by it but i see what u mean.

ha, that's not me at all either.

I'm the brown haired, green-eyed one.

Alot of people tell me I'm very pretty, but honestly I don't like when they say it.

I'm not extremely, through-the-roof confident, but I'm getting little closer day by day.

This article helped alot. Thxxx anonymous writer! Gr8 job

on Nov. 10 2009 at 3:59 pm
Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

It's never to late, if it weren't for the last minute many things would never get done!

Sorry if this makes you feel bad about your article it really is great and so is the message!

on Nov. 10 2009 at 3:57 pm
Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

This article was great but insulted me just a bit. I am blonde and thin so i am told. Yet guys don't run after me. I am not popular. as some people said skinny girls are selfish. This is not true! I did not choose to be skinny. I didn't eat less, or diet or whatever. it is just the way I am! I hate it when people stereotype us in to mean popular selfish girls. I understand that you are saying everyone is beautiful, i just hate being stereotyped like this!!

on Nov. 7 2009 at 6:14 pm
BellaLuna1 BRONZE, Ozone Park, New York
Thanks guys so much for all the awesome comments and ratings im glad something i wrote was so relatabel sorry i dont have speelll check here

on Nov. 7 2009 at 3:36 pm
Breakdancegrl SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

"Anything below perfection is complete and utter failure" Hugh Himwich
"What the hell is a Hufflepuff?" Dumbledore: A Very Potter Musical

Beautiful...

And its true! I thought I was ugly until I met Lane, my boyfriend, who thought I was beautiful in every way.

LH2010 said...
on Nov. 7 2009 at 8:53 am
LH2010, Pleasantville, Iowa

It takes quite a long time to build your reputation, but just one single moment is able to destroy it all.

I really like this article. You show how there are other bodies that can be beautiful and guys don't always go for those thin blonds out there. I've been told I am tiny and short and i used to despise that. Why couldn't I have those long legs? Modeling was so not the career to get into. But now instead of despising my body, I feel comfortable in my own skin, even if i am always having to look up at someone when they talk to me :)

IndigoSoul said...
on Oct. 6 2009 at 1:44 pm
You should start a world domination. Personally I think there's far too much pressure on girls to look perfect. People dwell on the bad things so much they forget all the good things.

I love the way you've written this! Thank you soooooooo much! XD

on Sep. 13 2009 at 1:27 pm
shivasfire PLATINUM, Ashland, Oregon

"I will never let schooling interfere with my education." (-forgot who it's by though)
also "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

that is how i feel. im not perfect by any means, short, curvy, but i love it. it gets hard though, my best friends are both tall, tan, skinny, and they know it. hourglass figures, thighs that don't touch. i'm attracted to all types myself, so being a sub-category only makes me more myself. i'd rather be me than any of these skinny, selfish girls. mostly i've found that extraordinary outer "beauty" comes with extraordinary inner ugliness.

on Sep. 7 2009 at 7:21 pm
biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

you made it sound so real, and in reality, its true. many arent comfortable in their own skin. but really, if you arent yourself, you ould you possibly be?

on Sep. 4 2009 at 1:49 pm
Karli Young BRONZE, Johnson, Missouri
i think of myself as when guys just look at me sometimes i just am always thinking that there going to make fun of me because i may not have clear skin but thell just make fun of me because i have pimples

on Aug. 28 2009 at 2:41 pm
a_bunch_of_nuns, Unknown, Wisconsin
Wooo! *claps* You should start a protest!

I like how you interduced your opinion, through anothers' eyes, and then you ended it with a good personal statement. It can give girls out there such confidence. I know it will.

*thumbs up*