I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships! No offense to those who do.

Sometimes I wonder. I wonder if everything always has to end up so morbid. Love, happiness, life...it all ends bad. Love, now that's dangerous. I mean, I've never been in love; I'm only a child, but I've seen what it can do. I've witnessed the magic of it, and the danger of it.

I once herd in a movie that people want to find love because it's the closest thing to magic, but I believe that some people just want to feel whole, and that true love is what they might be missing.

Kids my age get to be reckless, stupid, innocent and irresponsible, but what I don't get, is that they all rush. They through the "L" word around like it's just a suggestion or a stupid word that doesn't mean anything. "OH! I Love my Hubby so much," like, come one! Hubby...what is that? We're kids! We don't have hubbies( husbands)! Why would we want to? We get to be free and love holds you down in so many ways. Love is so powerful, that the word is even powerful.

"Oh babe! I love you so much! we're gonna be together forever!" It makes me sick. What fourteen year old wants to spend the rest of there life with there current partner? I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but most fourteen year old kids don't even stay in a relationship for over a month let alone forever! Also, we're all too selfish anyway, including me.

We get to be selfish. To be in a relationship, you have to put the other person before everyone else...including yourself. That means dedicating all your free time and devoting yourself to your partner. What teenager wants to do that? What teenager ever did do that?

I'm sure they're a few who have, but their future's are so limited. They have to worry about going to college, because they don't want to leave their "hubby" or "wifey" behind, they might not even go to college because they think they'll be together forever, and then a week after rejecting college they brake up and then what? What's in their future then? Working at Walt mart?

Why start something so complicated so early if you have your whole life to experience it, and to experience it right? Relationships are not for kids, and fake relationships are annoying and useless; they have no meaning. I want to go to college, and I want to fall in love, but not anytime soon. I refuse to say, " I love you," when I don't mean it, and I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships.

Jackie said...
It's just a part of growing up. Ever heard of high school sweethearts?
They ARE being kids -- they're just messing around and having a good time. If they throw around the word "love", it's because they can still get away with it -- not like in ten years when the word will hold weight and responsibility.
Like you said: they're kids. Having boyfriends and girlfriends and breaking up and making up is a normal part of their life, and teaches responsibility... (more »)

xoxbabygirl123 replied...
Nov. 11, 2009 at 11:15 am :
I was talking about eleven year olds, not highschool students. Now that I look at my article I can see how I personally oppose to some of my points(in a way). But I wrote this article out of anger toward my eleven year old sister who was "dationg" a sixteen year old...and a different guy (mostly around the ages of 14-16) every week...sometimes even days. I was angry with how nieve she was acting and I was mad at how everyone in her school(grade) acted the same way, and (in my eyes) I... (more »)

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 15, 2010 at 11:37 am :
Ahhh, see I understand what you mean now.

Joey said...
I agree, the word 'love' is tossed around like it is nothing. I am not saying teenage dating is a bad thing, as it can be pretty enjoyable, but its the fact that kids want to be in 'love' far too quickly.

tennisislovee34 said...
you make some very good points. people throw around that word too muchhh, but it's really their fault if they are going to commit at 14 and ruin their future.

Apr. 15, 2010 at 11:36 am :
I do think its rather wrong to commit at such a young age, but teenagers could try to go steady. I don't think it would ruin your future if a couple commits. Its up to them whether they want to do that or not, but I am not sure that it will ruin their futures.

tennisislovee34 replied...
Apr. 15, 2010 at 8:25 pm :
what you say is very true. some people meet and truly fall in love at a very young age, and sometimes it works out where they are together in the long run. looking back, i'm not sure what made me say "ruin their future." but commiting at a young age may not be very smart

xoxbabygirl123 said...
Oct. 22, 2009 at 5:58 am:
I wrote this, because I don't agree with how kids throw away there fun, free time, to go into something as complicated and complex as a "relationship". It dosen't make me sick, it makes me sad. Because they don't even know how easy their lives would be if they just droped he how 1 week relationship bit and be a kid. But it's not my life and I can't make somebody change their mind. So, I wrote this. Not that any of the kids I wanted this to see, would.

tor10jax said...
I don't hear "hubby" or "wifey" alot but I don't get what's up with relationships at such a young age, either. I think some people might just want drama, but it's not good for focusing. Soooo, perfect opinion article :)

jkjk123 replied...
Nov. 22, 2010 at 4:50 pm :

i dont hear hubby either or wifey i hear omg thats my boyfriend or my girlfriend

i also hear ya we r dating or going out so it really depends on how far along in the relantionship u r but we r kids we can be far in a relationship but we will never be married for a LONG LONG LONG time

Chloe S. said...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 6:48 am:
I do agree. And I had no intentions of falling too quickly. But trust me when I tell you that it just happens. I had no idea what love was and I didn't care to find it anytime soon. But just the same I fell, maybe too hard, but I did. Love is the closest thing to magic and once you've had a taste you want so badly to find it again. Even though he broke my heart, I want that feeling. It's like an addiction to pot or alcohol. You just want it. I think that may be why kids hurry in r... (more »)

tennisislovee34 replied...
Oct. 22, 2009 at 8:16 pm :
i agree with your feedbackk! everyone wants love.

2young2bhelddown said...
i so agree only where i live all you ever see is 12 year olds making out and they say they do it because there in love

Sunshineyday said...
I agree. SLOW DOWN KIDS! I struggle to not say 'what's the matter with you?' to kids in my school. And they ask "do you date anyone" or "do you EVEN like boys" and "isn't he cute? and I am so tired of them trying to pull me into their nonsense-mentality. I'm a KID! I still like blowing bubbles and going to the park. and I'm not "weird' or 'gay' I'm just young.

xoxbabygirl123 replied...
Sept. 5, 2009 at 9:29 pm :
EXACTLY! And whats with the hubby stuff?? Like seriously!

xoxbabygirl123 replied...
Sept. 5, 2009 at 9:34 pm :
It seriously makes me sick...and I know what you mean. They're always like, " I'm in love!" And I'm kinda just snort and rol my eyes cause I'm soo tired of explaining this craziness.

dancewritedream13 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 27, 2009 at 5:49 pm :
I totally know what you are all saying. I have a friend that's constantly gushing to me about how in love she is. She's fourteen! Even if she is in love
(which she might be, but I don't think so ) I don't really want to here about it! As far as wanting to be in love, thought I've never been in love, yet it seems , no matter how many friends and family members love me, I feel lonely. Is that normal?