I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships! No offense to those who do.

Sometimes I wonder. I wonder if everything always has to end up so morbid. Love, happiness, life...it all ends bad. Love, now that's dangerous. I mean, I've never been in love; I'm only a child, but I've seen what it can do. I've witnessed the magic of it, and the danger of it.

I once herd in a movie that people want to find love because it's the closest thing to magic, but I believe that some people just want to feel whole, and that true love is what they might be missing.

Kids my age get to be reckless, stupid, innocent and irresponsible, but what I don't get, is that they all rush. They through the "L" word around like it's just a suggestion or a stupid word that doesn't mean anything. "OH! I Love my Hubby so much," like, come one! Hubby...what is that? We're kids! We don't have hubbies( husbands)! Why would we want to? We get to be free and love holds you down in so many ways. Love is so powerful, that the word is even powerful.

"Oh babe! I love you so much! we're gonna be together forever!" It makes me sick. What fourteen year old wants to spend the rest of there life with there current partner? I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but most fourteen year old kids don't even stay in a relationship for over a month let alone forever! Also, we're all too selfish anyway, including me.

We get to be selfish. To be in a relationship, you have to put the other person before everyone else...including yourself. That means dedicating all your free time and devoting yourself to your partner. What teenager wants to do that? What teenager ever did do that?

I'm sure they're a few who have, but their future's are so limited. They have to worry about going to college, because they don't want to leave their "hubby" or "wifey" behind, they might not even go to college because they think they'll be together forever, and then a week after rejecting college they brake up and then what? What's in their future then? Working at Walt mart?

Why start something so complicated so early if you have your whole life to experience it, and to experience it right? Relationships are not for kids, and fake relationships are annoying and useless; they have no meaning. I want to go to college, and I want to fall in love, but not anytime soon. I refuse to say, " I love you," when I don't mean it, and I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships.

Adonis said...

A relationship doesn't occur because suddenly you've found that person and you've fallen in love with them and that's that.

you meet a person who makes you happy.  why the hell wouldn't you want to be around this person, bind your hearts together, and stay like that until you can't anymore?

Love can't occur without risk-taking you have to be willing to take a risk if you want to be happy.  Like you said right in the begining of your post, life will end happiness will e... (more »)

jkjk123 replied...
Nov. 22, 2010 at 4:45 pm :

really?!?! u may choose the bf/gf over your friends and i can respect that but if ur friend doesnt like ur bf/gf thats something to think about. yes ur friends have to get used to ur bf/gf but u should also think about your friends

friends are like stars

u might not always see them but u know they r there

a bf/gf is like the moon seen when u unexpect it

or when u dont want to see it

Sliva23 said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 9:43 pm:
I kinda agree but i disagree also....some girls or boys take it so seriously but some people like it slow and they dont use the L word just after a week.....people are different by there personality but noone can really stop them

JamieStarr said...
Jun. 21, 2010 at 1:55 am:
i dont agree with this. because i found a guy ,Rhett Branagin, and i really love him. you see i have always told pepole that if you like some1 tell them and if they like you bak then go out and see if you are soul mates. and me and rhett were a great couple i love him very much. but one day i got bad news that he had to move and that he would never ba able to come back until he was on his own and so we had to break up. it hurt very ba because i loved him so much and i still do a little but i don... (more »)

dinotrauma said...
Jun. 17, 2010 at 10:33 am:

Love is only worth it because it is so hard to find, and to comit to.

Personal choice says you can wait as long as you want. However America laughs at the 40 year virgin, and those who just cant ever find someone... have you watched the new Alice in Wonderland?

Right now we are the little people in a big world. We dont realize the thousands of people out their, because we haven't seen it. We are confined to our small or big towns, our lifes, constanlty orbiting the same people.<... (more »)

snow_monkey said...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 11:10 am:
I almost entirely agree.  Actually, you really shouldn't start dating until you're ready to marry.  The point of dating is for marriage.  You shouldn't just go around "testing" boyfriends or girlsfriends.  There's really no point in that.

Adonis replied...
Aug. 4, 2010 at 2:28 pm :
so how will you ever know when the 'one' comes by? what experiences will you have to compare them by? do you honestly believe that this person will be perfect and that you will not need previous knowledge about relationships in order to make yours last when 'the one' really walks into your life?

7Ariel7 replied...
Sept. 17, 2010 at 3:43 pm :
you dont need to break your and break hearts just to have 'experience.' when the right one comes along [when your an adult and you take the proper steps before gettin in an exclusive relationship] and you are at a point in your life where marrige may be an option then you are ready to move foward. if you go ahead with it at the wrong time [like when ur too young] then it is bounf to end in waste emotions and heartbreak. i agree with you snow monkey.

7Ariel7 replied...
Sept. 17, 2010 at 3:47 pm :
also you can learn from the experience of others. bc sooo many other people are screwing up thier own lives with relationships too young. we are too young to even comprehend the sacrifice and all other aspects that come with love...

McLean245 said...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 9:13 am:

You've made some great points about young love.  Be sure to check the spelling on those homonyms - heard; their

Keep writing!

xoxbabygirl123 replied...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 1:56 pm :
I know, I need to work on it.

ShernayB.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 25, 2010 at 11:38 am:
I have to say that I do not agree with you entirely. I think it is a great experience to learn about love at such a young age, so that we know what we're looking for in the future, when we are older.
People my age, I am 15, do find people they love, so you can not really tell anyone or snort or make faces at anyone who says they are in love because they really could be.
Have you talked to your parents, or your friend's parents or any other parents who have said that the... (more »)

xoxbabygirl123 replied...
Apr. 15, 2010 at 6:04 am :
I UNDERSTAND THAT SOME ARE REALLY IN LOVE, LIKE YOU FOR INSTANCE, BUT MY POINT IS THAT, ISNT IT HARD? IT IS RELATIVLY HARD TO MAINTAIN A RELATIONSHIP. AND I THINK THAT KIDS/TEENS ARE THROUGHING THEIR FREEDOM AWAY BY EITHER TAKING RELATIONSHIPS SERIOUSLY OR BY HAVING LITTLE PETTY RELATIONSHIPS THAT LAST A DAY. AS KIDS WE GET TO DO STUFF THAT GROWNUPS CAN'T, BUT A RELATIONSHIP HINDERS THOUSE THINGS. SO WHY EVEN BOTHER? WHY NOT WAIT?

ShernayB.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 15, 2010 at 11:30 am :
Why not wait? Well, like I said, some people like to experience. You could learn; either from bad decisions you made or good ones. It doesn't matter. But you're right, it doesn't hurt to wait.  But at the same time, everyone is not the same.

Belidama said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 9:05 am:
I agreeee! It really annoys me. I hate it when people my age (16) take relationships sooo seriously. And they think I'm really strange because I haven't been out with anyone or had my first kiss yet. It's not because I haven't at the chance, it's just because I want to wait till I do actually truly love someone and don't, like you say, want a stupid, meaningless "relationship".

ladytrojan said...
u had me sold at the title. i think we're long lost twins. jk. lol. but, i feel the same way, except all my friends call me "cold hearted" for it.

ChloeAills said...
Wow, That was powerful. You just changed my perspective on love. Yes, we do want to experience it. But it will come on its own.

Anjelika said...
Dec. 5, 2009 at 12:59 am:
I understand where you are coming from...but it seems you have time to learn more about the idea of "love". I have learned that when someone truely loves another person, the do not want anything. When there is true love, there is a feeling of wholeness as long as it is not tainted by conflicting thoughts. It doesn't matter when in life it happens, I know a woman who had married the man she dated since her freshman year of high school (she is 31 now).

TearsinMind said...
To be honest....Outside of family and family friends, I don't know how it truely feels...to be loved. This is why i am a Gothic writer. Edgar Allen Poe has been keeping me from hurting myself and making me feel bad. Instead of love, I write of death and destruction of the human mind. However that is just because even if I sat down long and hard I would never be able to write about love....because I have never felt someone truely loving me.....(please reply to me if you know how I feel, I ki... (more »)

xoxbabygirl123 replied...
Nov. 18, 2009 at 5:12 pm :
To, TearsinMind:
If you love your family and they love you back, that's the most powerful love. Love is love. It doesn't need to be romantic, Love is all the same. And I write some pretty morbid stuff too, but it helps me let go of supressing emotions. Maybe with you too? And how can anyone write something happy or about love when they have Edgar Allen Poe stuck in their head? Try reading something happier and Romantic. And the best way to write about love, is to write about th... (more »)

kissingdawn331 replied...
Dec. 3, 2009 at 12:41 pm :
tearsinmind....your response broke my heart and i know that you don't want pity...at times i too feel alone in the crowded hallways of my life i know the feeling of a dagger above your head and the weight of the world on your shoulders but never once are you alone...someone's always there and someone somewhere loves you...even if it's not the way you want them to someone loves you...even if you never know.