I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships! No offense to those who do.

Sometimes I wonder. I wonder if everything always has to end up so morbid. Love, happiness, life...it all ends bad. Love, now that's dangerous. I mean, I've never been in love; I'm only a child, but I've seen what it can do. I've witnessed the magic of it, and the danger of it.

I once herd in a movie that people want to find love because it's the closest thing to magic, but I believe that some people just want to feel whole, and that true love is what they might be missing.

Kids my age get to be reckless, stupid, innocent and irresponsible, but what I don't get, is that they all rush. They through the "L" word around like it's just a suggestion or a stupid word that doesn't mean anything. "OH! I Love my Hubby so much," like, come one! Hubby...what is that? We're kids! We don't have hubbies( husbands)! Why would we want to? We get to be free and love holds you down in so many ways. Love is so powerful, that the word is even powerful.

"Oh babe! I love you so much! we're gonna be together forever!" It makes me sick. What fourteen year old wants to spend the rest of there life with there current partner? I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but most fourteen year old kids don't even stay in a relationship for over a month let alone forever! Also, we're all too selfish anyway, including me.

We get to be selfish. To be in a relationship, you have to put the other person before everyone else...including yourself. That means dedicating all your free time and devoting yourself to your partner. What teenager wants to do that? What teenager ever did do that?

I'm sure they're a few who have, but their future's are so limited. They have to worry about going to college, because they don't want to leave their "hubby" or "wifey" behind, they might not even go to college because they think they'll be together forever, and then a week after rejecting college they brake up and then what? What's in their future then? Working at Walt mart?

Why start something so complicated so early if you have your whole life to experience it, and to experience it right? Relationships are not for kids, and fake relationships are annoying and useless; they have no meaning. I want to go to college, and I want to fall in love, but not anytime soon. I refuse to say, " I love you," when I don't mean it, and I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships.

bea =] said...

"To be in a relationship, you have to put the other person before everyone else...including youself.That means dedicating all your free time and devoting yourself to your partner."

ok sorry to say but i strongly disagree with this quote.. ok people arent getting married first of all you're making it seem that they have to be with that person for the rest of their life. its not that way at all... being in a relationship doesnt have to be just about that person either.. boring!.. A real ... (more »)

FireandWater This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 14, 2011 at 9:02 pm :

dear crazo,

there is a point in love.  there is someone who loves you more than you could comprehend.  i am so very, very sorry for you.  i would give you a hug if i could talk with you now.  

yes, you are 14.  exactly.  love, what we think love is, kills us at that age.  but really, it's just emotions over the edge.  you can know what love is at 5, because you are still so innocent and filled with pure(as anyone can be)thinking.

lo... (more »)

TeaCat replied...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 6:57 pm :

Dear crazo,

I'm really sorry if someone hurt you and like FireandWater I would give you a bigggg hug right now, but there IS a point in love. 

I had my heart ripped open and boiled in oil and then burned and then the ashes were fed to wild dogs.

...Figuratively.

But still, WHILE you're in love, you feel totally blissful...

...and even if you feel tortured once it's over, that feeling of blissful perfection is worth the agony. At least to me it is. ... (more »)

Circa_Survive said...
Everything you wrote about is what I always tell myself and many of my close friends. When it comes to love, it is something I never take likely. I guess it is because I do not (well not really) believe in love. I think it is because I have yet to find someone who deserves the best of me.

Miley Cyrus said...

I completly understand this. I mean, I am 17 now and I have NEVER had a boyfriend..and never even loved anyone. I mean, I do have crushes but i dont want to be that person. I just like them until it fades.

I hate all the mushy and cheesy talks and it bugs me when i see 12 year olds telling me that they are MADLY in love. i mean, come on..have you got nothing better to do? Breaking up because he didnt make you a bloody card on your birthday or gift you your favorite crayons!

I ob... (more »)

wiinga said...
Sept. 18, 2010 at 12:09 am:
i totally know what u girls mean..i mean i just turned 20...so i hope u dont mind me replying to this... imean i just turned 20 and i got my teenink account when i was a teenager.lol...so i hope i can still reply to this....well anyways..i totally get annoyed of all the 11-15 year olds here all saying they are inlove!and they actually fight over this one guy!! like omg!when i was that age..i just didnt care what ppl think....i mean like..all the kids that we my age when i was around that age all... (more »)

wiinga replied...
Sept. 18, 2010 at 12:19 am :
not we my age..lol..*were* ....some keys on my keyboard are broken..gota press em hard.lol

DreamingOutLoud This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 17, 2010 at 11:57 am:

You kinda remind me of myself.

I used to think like that...until I actually did fall in love.

You're going to think that I sound cheesy and stupid, because that's what I would've thought. But love isn't always about being with the person you love forever.

It's been six months since I came to know that I was actually in love, and there's nobody I've told. I'm just keeping the feeling to myself, enjoying the rollercoaster ride it offers. Sometimes it's a bit too much and it... (more »)

Phoenix1253 replied...
Oct. 9, 2010 at 5:29 pm :

DreamingOutLoud-

Love is more amazing than you could ask or imagine. Love isn't finding someone to talk about, satisfy your physical desires or make you feel special. Love isn't fitting in or feeling something for a person.

In Genesis, when God created Adam and Eve he loved them. He intended for them to live forever with him in perfect harmony because his love would last longer than eternity. Of course, Adam and Eve made a terrible mistake and though they didn't lose Gods everl... (more »)

DreamingOutLoud This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 3, 2010 at 12:32 pm :

Is that the only thing that qualifies if what I feel is true? Because the answer is a resounding yes.

My God, I wish.

Nov. 3, 2010 at 12:33 pm :
Oh, and, I know that it's not just about physical desires or feeling special. That's what I meant by I don't WANT the person.

Phoenix1253 replied...
Nov. 3, 2010 at 9:06 pm :

i can respect that, and I am not trying to put you down but love isn't what it seems.  I thought I loved a guy and then let him go and weel, our relationship has improved!! Well, gtg and I don't want to codem you becasue you may very well be in love!

your frind

phoenix

Nov. 5, 2010 at 12:27 pm :

Thanks....for that. I know that love is rarely what it seems to be. And as for your case...I don't really know how that went, but I do know that letting go is the best thing in my case too.

Thanks again. =)

jkjk123 replied...
Nov. 22, 2010 at 4:39 pm :

love is also knowing u dont want to leave said person.

but there are 2 different kinds of love

there is the love like when a parent loves u

then there is love like when ur in a relationship and u fell that this person u r with is the right one

-jkjk123

Adonis said...

A relationship doesn't occur because suddenly you've found that person and you've fallen in love with them and that's that.

you meet a person who makes you happy.  why the hell wouldn't you want to be around this person, bind your hearts together, and stay like that until you can't anymore?

Love can't occur without risk-taking you have to be willing to take a risk if you want to be happy.  Like you said right in the begining of your post, life will end happiness will e... (more »)

xoxbabygirl123 replied...
Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:53 pm :

I understand and agree completely. I just don't think children should take that risk. Yes, love is worth taking the fall, but not when you're 13. And love can be amazing, but in order for true love to work, you have to be selfless. That means, always putting your mate first. Not because you have to, but just because if you are in love, you would want nothing more than to see your partner happy.

When you fall in love, life get's a little more complicated(in a good and bad way)

Adonis replied...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:24 pm :

ok, you can wait till adolescence to begin that whole relationship thing.  It's all learning experience though.  I think you should approach it (when it happens for you naturally) without having too many pre-conceived ideas about what it will be like.

Take my advice which comes from experience, never try and turn something into what it's not, love is a great thing, and it's the ultimate form of selfishness since you claim another person as yours.  Don't get caught up wit... (more »)

xoxbabygirl123 replied...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 5:34 pm :
When you wrote, "Don't get caught up with how you look at things just enjoy the experience," what did you mean?

Adonis replied...
Aug. 9, 2010 at 2:18 am :

take this however you want it to mean, or dont at all.

In life, you can spend a lot of time weighing the 'good' and the 'bad' of any situation.  When you catch yourself weighing your options more than you are being spontaneous and freewilled then change.

I believe it's always better to do *something* as opposed to nothing at all.

7Ariel7 replied...
Sept. 17, 2010 at 3:35 pm :
i beg to differ. what about  when your choices hurt others. it is better to look ahead at the consequences of your actions. spontanaity is good in the right context, but when it comes to love and relationships you should really think about it before you dive in.

jkjk123 replied...
Nov. 22, 2010 at 4:45 pm :

really?!?! u may choose the bf/gf over your friends and i can respect that but if ur friend doesnt like ur bf/gf thats something to think about. yes ur friends have to get used to ur bf/gf but u should also think about your friends

friends are like stars

u might not always see them but u know they r there

a bf/gf is like the moon seen when u unexpect it

or when u dont want to see it