I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships! No offense to those who do. | Teen Ink

I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships! No offense to those who do.

By Manii123 SILVER, West Paterson, New Jersey
Manii123 SILVER, West Paterson, New Jersey

"Our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I feel it." -A Walk To Rememeber

Sometimes I wonder. I wonder if everything always has to end up so morbid. Love, happiness, life...it all ends bad. Love, now that's dangerous. I mean, I've never been in love; I'm only a child, but I've seen what it can do. I've witnessed the magic of it, and the danger of it.

I once herd in a movie that people want to find love because it's the closest thing to magic, but I believe that some people just want to feel whole, and that true love is what they might be missing.

Kids my age get to be reckless, stupid, innocent and irresponsible, but what I don't get, is that they all rush. They through the "L" word around like it's just a suggestion or a stupid word that doesn't mean anything. "OH! I Love my Hubby so much," like, come one! Hubby...what is that? We're kids! We don't have hubbies( husbands)! Why would we want to? We get to be free and love holds you down in so many ways. Love is so powerful, that the word is even powerful.

"Oh babe! I love you so much! we're gonna be together forever!" It makes me sick. What fourteen year old wants to spend the rest of there life with there current partner? I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but most fourteen year old kids don't even stay in a relationship for over a month let alone forever! Also, we're all too selfish anyway, including me.

We get to be selfish. To be in a relationship, you have to put the other person before everyone else...including yourself. That means dedicating all your free time and devoting yourself to your partner. What teenager wants to do that? What teenager ever did do that?

I'm sure they're a few who have, but their future's are so limited. They have to worry about going to college, because they don't want to leave their "hubby" or "wifey" behind, they might not even go to college because they think they'll be together forever, and then a week after rejecting college they brake up and then what? What's in their future then? Working at Walt mart?

Why start something so complicated so early if you have your whole life to experience it, and to experience it right? Relationships are not for kids, and fake relationships are annoying and useless; they have no meaning. I want to go to college, and I want to fall in love, but not anytime soon. I refuse to say, " I love you," when I don't mean it, and I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships.

on Jan. 24 2012 at 5:04 pm
AnushLoveee17 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

sometimes you have to forget whats gone appreciate what still remains and look forward to whats coming next

I don't agree I'm 15 and i have been in love so many times. i have someone in my life now and i feel special

on Nov. 19 2011 at 9:10 am
I'm a teen and I agreed with everything. I refuse to date this young (about to turn 14) because relationships at our age never seem to last. So what's the point? Out of all of the teen relationships I've seen, not one has lasted more than a few months. I've got better things to do. I really don't EVER want to date. People.my age have told me stuff like "Oh, you'll change your mind!" "You'll be the first one to end up married with kids!" Yeah, no. Not trying to offend any teens that do, this is just my opinion.

on Nov. 12 2011 at 9:26 pm
_SusanDenise SILVER, Detroit, Michigan
This is so true! We are so young with great futures ahead of us! Love never needs to be rushed.  We have plenty of time for that, so let's take our time.  When we truly love and honor ourselves, real love will find us. In the mean time, we should focus on our future, schoolwork, and enjoying the perks of being teenagers.

Ps'Monet said...
on Sep. 26 2011 at 10:06 am
I Lovee This Articlee It Is So Truee. And Ii Hope To See More Like This Because The First Sentence Caught Myy Attention

on Sep. 16 2011 at 8:55 am
YOU'RE SO RIGHT. AND I LOVE THIS ARTICLE. AWESOME JOB! THIS CAUGHT ALL MY ANTENTION! AND I FINISHED IT. I NEVER FINISH AN ARTICLE WHEN IT LOOKS TOO LONG! AND I DID. <3 (': I LOVE IT.

zyxwvu said...
on Sep. 4 2011 at 11:42 pm
zyxwvu, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I agree. I don't believe in it all-it does always end bad. Either a break up or death. They're both goodbyes.

vero1432224 said...
on Jun. 8 2011 at 2:19 pm
i know that this is rael and that it happens to a lot of people

on May. 5 2011 at 10:41 am
ashley1012 BRONZE, Glasgow, Kentucky

Come askin for it and you will get

i so agree with this article i think it is so true

coldfish said...
on Apr. 26 2011 at 11:25 am
this made my day. it's nice to see mature and logical people for a change.

on Apr. 25 2011 at 10:02 am
SaMiLoVe97 SILVER, Okawville, Illinois

If it doesnt break your heart it isnt love, if it doesnt break your heart its not enough. Its when youre breaking down with your insides coming out.Thats when you learn what youre made of.-Switchfoot<3

I completely agree with everything you said. And this peice is amazing. But. You would understand much better if you have experienced love. Love is happiness. Love is perfection. Love is beyond amazing. Im in love. Ive been with him for about 6 months and i wouldnt trade it for the world. Yeah i probably sound retarted but its the greatest good ever. and no one can say much about anything unless theyve been there

on Apr. 5 2011 at 8:09 pm
ilovedayna BRONZE, Story, Wyoming

i love you

I know i love someone when i feel it. love isn't all that complicated. sorry if it's hard for you to grasp that a fourteen year old would understand love. i guess that i must be wise beyond my years. you can't argue with my "life lesson" though, right?

on Apr. 5 2011 at 7:52 pm
ilovedayna BRONZE, Story, Wyoming

i love you

surprisingly, i have had experience with love (strangely, me being such a little tyke- mockingly said), not with dating or any of that nonsense but through my feelings of dedication towards another person. i know, honestly, what love is. i have had a lot more experience with life than you would think. as i stated clearly before, you don't know me. and if you do, you are being extremely wacko. but you can't disagree with my "life lesson" though, right?

on Apr. 3 2011 at 12:11 pm
Aliescha BRONZE, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
I agree with you love does end badly most of the time. I also hate it how teens are throwing around the Love word, it's like come on your in high school chances are you will break up. Yes love is stupid, but I also believe some people will find love forever.

C.Cee said...
on Apr. 2 2011 at 4:00 pm

You are 14! What do you know about life or love? Other than waking up, school, and sleep. Don't attempt to preach life lesson until you can at least be independent. You only learn through experience which you haven't had any. 

To the original poster (xoxbabygirl123):

Hey, have you ever thought about proofreading before publishing? Your grammar errors are so painfully apparent it completely distracts from the entire concept of the article.

on Mar. 12 2011 at 11:10 pm
ilovedayna BRONZE, Story, Wyoming

i love you

i'm 14. i believe love is really what makes the world go round, but it's annoying when i hear about kids my age 'dating' and they can't even drive. it's like, "my mom is going to drive us to the movies, okay?" pathetic. not many people take love seriously, though, and that's what bugs me too. my definition for true love is that you can be around the person without feeling as though you need to impress them, and still be happy. 

on Mar. 8 2011 at 6:57 pm
teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

Dear crazo,

I'm really sorry if someone hurt you and like FireandWater I would give you a bigggg hug right now, but there IS a point in love. 

I had my heart ripped open and boiled in oil and then burned and then the ashes were fed to wild dogs.

...Figuratively.

But still, WHILE you're in love, you feel totally blissful...

...and even if you feel tortured once it's over, that feeling of blissful perfection is worth the agony. At least to me it is. 

Even though some people (like me) haven't gotten over the heartbreak yet, I think everyone does...

...eventually...

...I hope.... : ) 

on Mar. 8 2011 at 6:49 pm

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

MangoMadness-- I wish you good luck in your relationship! 

I wish had someone to wish me good luck-- after I got my heart broken.

Hey, Mango, I'm even younger than you, just thirteen,  and I thought I was in love. I really truly did. When he broke my heart, I'd never felt so betrayed.

But I really hope this works out better for you than me. I'm not being sarcastic, I really am sincere. I'm very bitter, but I hope that everyone eventually finds the person that they were meant to be with.

Who knows? It really could be true love! :)

on Jan. 27 2011 at 12:33 pm
DifferentTeen PLATINUM, Seaford, Delaware

"There’s no such thing as true love, just spurts of insanity—falling over and over again, thinking that won’t happen to me"

I've never really agreed that kids don't know what love truely means. Well, some do anyway. I think to love someone means that there is a person you care deeply for, someone that you want to protect, and keep them safe. To love means to want to spend the rest of your life with someone because you couldn't live without them.

And thats where I think you're right. Most kids don't want to get married these days, they don't want to have a life with someone and have kids. Because they don't want to be held down. Now, some of them might change their minds when they meet someone that actually means something to them. But some will grow up never knowing the true meaning of a healthy relationship.

My position in love at the age of thirteen, is nothing to make a spectacle of. But in my school, maybe. I've never had a boyfriend, and my crushes don't like me. No big deal to adults right? They think "Oh she's young, why waste her life being in love?" Well to me, as a teenager, my hormones are going crazy, and I' trying to find myself. I understand that I'm not emotionally stable, but love never helps that. Never having a boyfriend makes me feel that I'm not good enough, that no one will ever want me. I want to be loved, doesn't everyone? I hope one day that will change, and being so young people will look at this problem like its nothing. But it affects my whole life, my confidence, and my thoughts. And to me it's a big deal, to me, it's my life.

on Jan. 5 2011 at 4:01 pm
wannabeaphotogirl BRONZE, Forest, Virginia
i agree with you. ive been with my boyfriend since i was 14, im now 16. i love him. and we've been through just as many challenges as some adults. we are admired by adults, especially in the school.

on Dec. 25 2010 at 7:28 pm
TheShadowsHaveEyes SILVER, Lansing, Michigan

How much dirt I gotta throw in the ocean to make a new island

I I agree with this wholeheartedly, I think that throwing love around like it's nothing really kills what it can be. That being said, not all relationships even at young ages are fake.  Also,  I disagree with your thought that if you were in a real relationship where you honestly put your partner in front of yourself, I'm not sure that you have to sacrifice all of your time. Because it wouldn't be a sacrifice. I agree still though, it's much easier to pour your life into your friends and activities, and not have the stress of handling a relationship on top of it. Well written, excellent job,

God bless,

TSHE