I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships! No offense to those who do.

Sometimes I wonder. I wonder if everything always has to end up so morbid. Love, happiness, life...it all ends bad. Love, now that's dangerous. I mean, I've never been in love; I'm only a child, but I've seen what it can do. I've witnessed the magic of it, and the danger of it.

I once herd in a movie that people want to find love because it's the closest thing to magic, but I believe that some people just want to feel whole, and that true love is what they might be missing.

Kids my age get to be reckless, stupid, innocent and irresponsible, but what I don't get, is that they all rush. They through the "L" word around like it's just a suggestion or a stupid word that doesn't mean anything. "OH! I Love my Hubby so much," like, come one! Hubby...what is that? We're kids! We don't have hubbies( husbands)! Why would we want to? We get to be free and love holds you down in so many ways. Love is so powerful, that the word is even powerful.

"Oh babe! I love you so much! we're gonna be together forever!" It makes me sick. What fourteen year old wants to spend the rest of there life with there current partner? I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but most fourteen year old kids don't even stay in a relationship for over a month let alone forever! Also, we're all too selfish anyway, including me.

We get to be selfish. To be in a relationship, you have to put the other person before everyone else...including yourself. That means dedicating all your free time and devoting yourself to your partner. What teenager wants to do that? What teenager ever did do that?

I'm sure they're a few who have, but their future's are so limited. They have to worry about going to college, because they don't want to leave their "hubby" or "wifey" behind, they might not even go to college because they think they'll be together forever, and then a week after rejecting college they brake up and then what? What's in their future then? Working at Walt mart?

Why start something so complicated so early if you have your whole life to experience it, and to experience it right? Relationships are not for kids, and fake relationships are annoying and useless; they have no meaning. I want to go to college, and I want to fall in love, but not anytime soon. I refuse to say, " I love you," when I don't mean it, and I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships.

LovelyNotes said...
I agree. I don't believe in it all-it does always end bad. Either a break up or death. They're both goodbyes.

vero1432224 said...
i know that this is rael and that it happens to a lot of people

ashley1012 said...
May 5, 2011 at 10:41 am
i so agree with this article i think it is so true

coldfish said...
Apr. 26, 2011 at 11:25 am
this made my day. it's nice to see mature and logical people for a change.

SaMiLoVe97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 25, 2011 at 10:02 am
I completely agree with everything you said. And this peice is amazing. But. You would understand much better if you have experienced love. Love is happiness. Love is perfection. Love is beyond amazing. Im in love. Ive been with him for about 6 months and i wouldnt trade it for the world. Yeah i probably sound retarted but its the greatest good ever. and no one can say much about anything unless theyve been there

Aliescha said...
I agree with you love does end badly most of the time. I also hate it how teens are throwing around the Love word, it's like come on your in high school chances are you will break up. Yes love is stupid, but I also believe some people will find love forever.

Lenah said...
i'm 14. i believe love is really what makes the world go round, but it's annoying when i hear about kids my age 'dating' and they can't even drive. it's like, "my mom is going to drive us to the movies, okay?" pathetic. not many people take love seriously, though, and that's what bugs me too. my definition for true love is that you can be around the person without feeling as though you need to impress them, and still be happy. 

C.Cee replied...

You are 14! What do you know about life or love? Other than waking up, school, and sleep. Don't attempt to preach life lesson until you can at least be independent. You only learn through experience which you haven't had any. 

To the original poster (xoxbabygirl123):

Hey, have you ever thought about proofreading before publishing? Your grammar errors are so painfully apparent it completely distracts from the entire concept of the article.

ilovedayna replied...
surprisingly, i have had experience with love (strangely, me being such a little tyke- mockingly said), not with dating or any of that nonsense but through my feelings of dedication towards another person. i know, honestly, what love is. i have had a lot more experience with life than you would think. as i stated clearly before, you don't know me. and if you do, you are being extremely wacko. but you can't disagree with my "life lesson" though, right?

ilovedayna replied...
I know i love someone when i feel it. love isn't all that complicated. sorry if it's hard for you to grasp that a fourteen year old would understand love. i guess that i must be wise beyond my years. you can't argue with my "life lesson" though, right?

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

I've never really agreed that kids don't know what love truely means. Well, some do anyway. I think to love someone means that there is a person you care deeply for, someone that you want to protect, and keep them safe. To love means to want to spend the rest of your life with someone because you couldn't live without them.

And thats where I think you're right. Most kids don't want to get married these days, they don't want to have a life with someone and have kids. Because they d... (more »)

wannabeaphotogirl said...
i agree with you. ive been with my boyfriend since i was 14, im now 16. i love him. and we've been through just as many challenges as some adults. we are admired by adults, especially in the school.

TheShadowsHaveEyes said...

I I agree with this wholeheartedly, I think that throwing love around like it's nothing really kills what it can be. That being said, not all relationships even at young ages are fake.  Also,  I disagree with your thought that if you were in a real relationship where you honestly put your partner in front of yourself, I'm not sure that you have to sacrifice all of your time. Because it wouldn't be a sacrifice. I agree still though, it's much easier to pour your life into your ... (more »)

xxhannahbluexx said...
Dec. 14, 2010 at 12:55 am

I'm only fourteen (going on fifteen and a half... driver's permit here I come!) and I know what you mean.

It used to bug me immensely when my friends and their boyfriends/girlfriends started with the whole, "Babe, I love you so much."

At first it was irritating. I mean, were fourteen! Our hormones are riquocheting all over the place; we don't know what love is!

But I realized... there's many various shades of love. Though I don't agree in saying, "I love you." within the ... (more »)

MangoMadness said...
Clearly you ARE just a kid, maturity wise. I'm fourteen, and have loved the same person for over a year now, and wish I could dedicate my entire life to him. I cannot begin to describe it, but it is anything but stupid and meaningless. It's the best part of my life. Maybe one day you'll know what love really means, and that it's available to everyone, should they desire it.

FireandWater This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

at 14, i thought i loved someone too.  he was perfect, amazing, and shared all my beliefs and values and i'd known him forever.  

i'm 17 now, and know a whole lot better.  i didn't know what being "in love" meant!  i had a major crush, obviously, but at 14, our emotions are so hyped up that we can't rely on them.  it will just end of hurting your heart in the end.  

i don't mean to offend, but just think about it.  thanks.

TeaCat replied...

MangoMadness-- I wish you good luck in your relationship! 

I wish had someone to wish me good luck-- after I got my heart broken.

Hey, Mango, I'm even younger than you, just thirteen,  and I thought I was in love. I really truly did. When he broke my heart, I'd never felt so betrayed.

But I really hope this works out better for you than me. I'm not being sarcastic, I really am sincere. I'm very bitter, but I hope that everyone eventually finds the person that th... (more »)

bea =] said...

"To be in a relationship, you have to put the other person before everyone else...including youself.That means dedicating all your free time and devoting yourself to your partner."

ok sorry to say but i strongly disagree with this quote.. ok people arent getting married first of all you're making it seem that they have to be with that person for the rest of their life. its not that way at all... being in a relationship doesnt have to be just about that person either.. boring!.. A real ... (more »)

donna replied...

i agree in one aspect. i think that if you're married and have childen, than you put your family before yourself. but if you're still in the bf/gf stage you deserve some time to yourself.

also, LOVE  is a very overused word that is taken too lightly. people don't realize the seriousness of what love actually is and think they are in love and end up making terrible mistakes.

jkjk123 replied...

thats true

people say "omg i LOVE him" they mean " omg i REALLY LIKE him" or "omg i think he is A NICE GUY"

people also overuse hot

they would say " oh he is hot"

but they mean " oh i think he is attractive but odds are i wont date him"

but if a couple is like 15 or 16 they truly dont know what LOVE or HOT

people wreck lives for a co... (more »)