I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships! No offense to those who do.

Sometimes I wonder. I wonder if everything always has to end up so morbid. Love, happiness, life...it all ends bad. Love, now that's dangerous. I mean, I've never been in love; I'm only a child, but I've seen what it can do. I've witnessed the magic of it, and the danger of it.

I once herd in a movie that people want to find love because it's the closest thing to magic, but I believe that some people just want to feel whole, and that true love is what they might be missing.

Kids my age get to be reckless, stupid, innocent and irresponsible, but what I don't get, is that they all rush. They through the "L" word around like it's just a suggestion or a stupid word that doesn't mean anything. "OH! I Love my Hubby so much," like, come one! Hubby...what is that? We're kids! We don't have hubbies( husbands)! Why would we want to? We get to be free and love holds you down in so many ways. Love is so powerful, that the word is even powerful.

"Oh babe! I love you so much! we're gonna be together forever!" It makes me sick. What fourteen year old wants to spend the rest of there life with there current partner? I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but most fourteen year old kids don't even stay in a relationship for over a month let alone forever! Also, we're all too selfish anyway, including me.

We get to be selfish. To be in a relationship, you have to put the other person before everyone else...including yourself. That means dedicating all your free time and devoting yourself to your partner. What teenager wants to do that? What teenager ever did do that?

I'm sure they're a few who have, but their future's are so limited. They have to worry about going to college, because they don't want to leave their "hubby" or "wifey" behind, they might not even go to college because they think they'll be together forever, and then a week after rejecting college they brake up and then what? What's in their future then? Working at Walt mart?

Why start something so complicated so early if you have your whole life to experience it, and to experience it right? Relationships are not for kids, and fake relationships are annoying and useless; they have no meaning. I want to go to college, and I want to fall in love, but not anytime soon. I refuse to say, " I love you," when I don't mean it, and I refuse to waste my time with stupid, meaningless relationships.

Lilly_CatThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 14 at 12:09 am:
I so agree with this piece. I'm 15 and my friends keeps talking about boys (Im a girl) and relationships all the time. People are always saying to me "oh your so nice and pretty you should be able to get any guy you want!!!" And sometimes I feel as if people even Preassure me to date and it just gets really annoying. I just feel as if it's really imature of kids our age to be constantly trying to get into relationships.

Scotty2hottie said...
Relationships are sometimes stupid, but its good to be a relationship because it teaches responsibility and as kids it speeds up our maturity.

AbiChickPea said...
Thankyou SOOOO MUCH. My friends dont understand why i dont agree with teen realatinships and i was unsure how to expain to them my reasons for this. You pretty much wrote everything i have ever wanted to say to them :) 

lololol said...
I appreciated the insight in the article however I feel the grammar and spelling mistakes you made overwhelmed the article to the point where i couldn't appreciate the message. a few i  were herd (in the context it was meant to be spealt heard) herd is a group of animals and brake (in the context it was meant to be spealt break) brake is something that stops a moving vehicle. there (meant to be spelt their) there is a place their is possesive.  However that being said you did bring... (more »)

Yeaguy replied...
Jun. 10 at 5:08 pm :
Wow. Really? Just focus on the passage not the grammar dude! She's 14/15!!! As long as you can understand the damn post, it's all good, I did!

Artemis said...
I would say for expirience, to know how to handle yourself. It doesn't have to  be serious but it helps to know what to do/what not to do. What happens if you meet the guy of your dreams and then it goes to dust because you didn't know how to be in a relationship? All I'm saying is you don't have to lose your virginity or even kiss a guy in a relationship but knowing how to pay attention to him and controlling your emotions is very useful. I know that now and it took me thre... (more »)

Artemis said...
I completely get where you are coming from. I only just finally stopped and thought if I like the guy or not and to not rush into things after my slew of 2 month boyfriends. 

Winterywinter said...
COol article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thevioceoftruth said...
I loved how your whole entire artile spoke to me, it really did. I have friends throwing around the word love back and forth and before you know it thier two week relationship is over. they are too young to have so much passion and meaning for one person, its just too soon. theyre in like, not in love. i wish i could preach that better than you did thank you for helpin the world see the damn light.

PuDdInGKup said...
Oct. 31, 2012 at 5:07 am:
I can honestly say that I know where you're coming from. I used to think the same exact thing. Now, not so much. I realized that there isn't exactly as much love in teenage relationships, but there's sitll some love there. Teenagers just don't feel the same love as adults do. Adults, think back to when you were kids, and you had a boyfriend or a girlfriend. I mean really, think. Hard. What you're thinking of is the relationships in the "p... (more »)

nphoenixj said...
Aug. 30, 2012 at 12:47 am:
You're a kid... For someone like you, it makes perfect sense on something like this.. but yeah... love does exist in the most amazing forms..and the crazy part is we never realize how long we have been in love and with whom... it empowers... it frees the mind, body & soul... I've loved and I've lost and its the most amazing feeling one can ever live, express and nurture... you learn a lot about life and relationships from this feeling.. you will live through all of this in your c... (more »)

xxDayjaxx said...
Mar. 20, 2012 at 12:40 pm:
So, I understand were your coming from. Teenagers should not be dedicating themselves to there partner 24/7. They have a lot going on wether it's school, an after school activity, going to the mall, movies, ect. But what I disagree with is: you say you want a boyfriend when your in college right? but I feel as in college you would be so busy with your education that having a bf or as you say "hubby" is bad. I'm thinking  the complete oppisite then you are. I feel as teen... (more »)

PeNfReAk10 said...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:15 pm:
Dude, I totally freakin agree. You should totally read my story that submitted. It's something similar to this, but with more bluntness and uncaring for other people's feelings. Ha, ha. GO LONERS!!! AWESOME OPINION DUDE.

OxymoronGirl said...
Feb. 19, 2012 at 9:02 am:
I agree and disagree. Im 14 soon turning 15 and Ive never had a boyfriend, but i know people who have had a 'significant other' and they told them they loved them, but then they got hurt and are now scared to try again. I personally feel it's up to the individual person. Some people know what they want in high school, but they also waste their time focusing on relationships instead school work. Im very insecure, and my friends say i need a boyfriend to be happy, but i disagree. Sure, i'll go on ... (more »)

Dark_ANgel.101 said...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 5:57 pm:
Hey you know you have a point. Plus your wrong about something. I know that we're to young to be in love ( i am thirteen by the way). I don't have any relationship and i don't plan on having any soon. but that doesn't stop me from liking someone. You haven't fallen in love yet, u don't understand what people who had a crush and actually liked some one that they think about them day and night feel. Its like a love cube. Once you get sucked in it. Its really hard to get back. I have this crush and... (more »)

Teedybear said...
I don't agree I'm 15 and i have been in love so many times. i have someone in my life now and i feel special

I dunno...meh said...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 9:10 am:
I'm a teen and I agreed with everything. I refuse to date this young (about to turn 14) because relationships at our age never seem to last. So what's the point? Out of all of the teen relationships I've seen, not one has lasted more than a few months. I've got better things to do. I really don't EVER want to date. People.my age have told me stuff like "Oh, you'll change your mind!" "You'll be the first one to end up married with kids!" Yeah, no. Not trying to offend any teens that do, this is j... (more »)

_SusanDenise said...
This is so true! We are so young with great futures ahead of us! Love never needs to be rushed.  We have plenty of time for that, so let's take our time.  When we truly love and honor ourselves, real love will find us. In the mean time, we should focus on our future, schoolwork, and enjoying the perks of being teenagers.

Ps'Monet said...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 10:06 am:
I Lovee This Articlee It Is So Truee. And Ii Hope To See More Like This Because The First Sentence Caught Myy Attention

Ashleymar Zayas said...
Sept. 16, 2011 at 8:55 am:
YOU'RE SO RIGHT. AND I LOVE THIS ARTICLE. AWESOME JOB! THIS CAUGHT ALL MY ANTENTION! AND I FINISHED IT. I NEVER FINISH AN ARTICLE WHEN IT LOOKS TOO LONG! AND I DID. <3 (': I LOVE IT.