Moments | Teen Ink

Moments

January 16, 2024
By Anonymous

Dad, 

Moments are everything Moments are the thin parts of our history that we write for ourselves. Those moments when you pushed me to do better or rather be greater were moments that I like to remember. It all started with viewing an unstoppable force with a drive to do better and be greater. That force was you. Seeing you battle through hard times and holding a family together while going through your problems. I applaud you and congratulate you for your accomplishments. When I was younger I viewed a Tall giant. This Tall giant was a man with a fire helmet. It was you, I remember saying to myself “ I want to be like dad” I would see pictures of you when you were younger and think he sure does look like me. I believe that for the past couple of years, you have purposefully molded me into the man you wanted me to be. I feel like that's the parent's role. 1: lead your kids to succeed 2: Give them a good life 3: Be supportive. One of those examples is when you got me into football. I understand you were not fully okay with me playing football at first but you slowly eased into it. It took me a long time to realize why you didn't want me playing the sport. You just didn't want what happened to you to happen to your son. But you were still supportive. You still are. You never stopped and that's what we all ask for. Supportive parents. Dad you have pushed me and made me a better stronger and more humble person. You have led me into the great wide wonder and out and we have had so many adventures together so many moments happy and sad. Hoping for More Strong moments to share with you. 


Dad, Thank you for everything To more Happy moments. 

 

Love 


The author's comments:

m