Signs of a Good Friend | Teen Ink

Signs of a Good Friend

By harleyhamlow2009 BRONZE, Antelope, California
harleyhamlow2009 BRONZE, Antelope, California

What kind of friends last a lifetime? A good friendship has two very important qualities: trust and loyalty. 

Trust is a very big part of a good friendship. Trust allows you to count on one another, knowing they will keep your private information to themselves. They will tell you the truth no matter what it is to keep you safe, knowing they will listen to your thoughts and struggles and not make fun of you, and knowing you won’t be judged by any circumstances. According to Joinonelove.org, an origination that helps you with unhealthy relationships, “Trust and confidence in your friend are one of the most important requirements in a strong friendship…”. This quote shows trust in a friendship is very important. Without trust, your friendship will break down. 

In addition, loyalty is important in a healthy friendship. Loyalty is all about support and being there for your friend whenever they need, knowing that your friend would never leave your side, your friend being the shoulder you lean on when you cry, and loyalty in a friendship is about helping the other person find the best version of themselves. According to Thinkaloud.net, a website that tells you where you will feel that there is someone out there who gets you, “...you will realize there is no friendship without loyalty”. This refers to without loyalty your friendship could fail. 

In conclusion, trust and loyalty are one of the most important qualities in a healthy friendship. When I meet new friends, I will surely look for these qualities. 

I wrote this writing piece to show people what true friendship looks like. This article is to help people find who truly understand them and is the right person for one.