Favorite Place | Teen Ink

Favorite Place

By TheWritingGuy123 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
TheWritingGuy123 BRONZE, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

My favorite place in the world is my grandparent's house in Florida. They live in the city of Englewood, a small town an hour south of Tampa. One thing I love about Englewood is the nature. The tall palm trees blowing in the breeze. The thick vegetation. Most of all, the big, blue Gulf of Mexico with its rolling waves is like a tame monster. 

One of my favorite places to go when my family and I are visiting my grandparents is the nature reserve right next to their neighborhood. There’s a wide variety of plants and animals that live there. One moment you could be standing next to a spikey pine tree with its crunchy pine cones falling on your head and another moment you could be looking at a cactus. This nature reserve lets you walk all the way out to Lemon Bay which connects to the Gulf. Lemon Bay is my favorite place to go. This nature reserve is like a new book, you don’t know what to expect. There is always something different which makes it a great place. 

Another place I visit at my grandparents is the pond next to the nature reserve. I like going to this pond because it’s a great place to sit in peace. You feel connected to nature. Fishing is a great pass time for me and when the fish aren’t biting, which is most of the time, I enjoy looking around and soaking in some of the scenery. 

I could go on all day about how great of a place Englewood, FL is but that would take all day. There are so many more stories and fun things I’ve experienced there. Every time I leave, I want to come back right away.

A description of my favorite place.