Intolerance

You've heard it since you were a teeny-tiny kid: Everyone is different. It's entirely true, whether people choose to believe it or not. People change constantly. What was hot yesterday, isn't nesseccarily so hot today.

Teenagers are entirely too judgmental, and one can only hope that fact will change as we grow older.

We search for pointless, insignificant faults in everyone.
It could be as vain as hair color, clothing, shoes, cars, ect...
Once in a blue moon, you might find someone that thinks on a deeper level. Maybe somebody that thinks about religion, philosophy, or intelligence.

My question to you is:
Why is finding someone like that such a rarity?

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

PlasticRose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 17, 2010 at 10:51 pm:
Yeah, teenagers are mostly shallow and only concerned with looks and what others think of them, but there are those rare people out there that actually care about those people around them and love them BECAUSE of their flaws, not despite them.
It's sad that finding these people is so rare. The one person like this in my life is my entire reason for living. Everyone that knows him looks up to him.
I'm very bad at finding the silver lining in most situations, or life in gener... (more »)