Love is Love | Teen Ink

Love is Love

By thetreenerd BRONZE, Sumter, South Carolina
thetreenerd BRONZE, Sumter, South Carolina

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” - Plato.

Love is love. Alas, is it really? We say love is love yet do we actually mean it? We tell people it's okay to be gay, bisexual, or even pansexual but then we go behind their backs and judge them. Hate them. All for what? The fact that they like someone, that they have the courage to love and want to date someone? 

Love is Love. It's truly okay to be gay. It's okay to be bisexual. It's okay to be asexual. It's even okay to be straight. No one can tell you it's wrong to love someone. No one can tell you not to be yourself. If you love girls, then be yourself. If you love guys, then be yourself. Whatever gender you love, be you.

Sometimes, love isn't love, but lust. Tricky people, people who date for their bodies, etc. Never ever let someone tell you that they love you if they only use you for your body. You are so much more and worth so much more then that. You deserve the best and if they cannot see that, then they are blind, for you truly are beautiful

Love is love, whether it be gay, straight, or aromantic. Love whatever gender you want to, because no one can tell you not to love someone. You deserve the best, and although I cannot give it to you, just know that whoever you love, whether it be girls, boys, or nonbinary people, you are accepted, even if it's just by some internet writer like me.

Love.

Is.

Love.