Lethal Hurricanes | Teen Ink

Lethal Hurricanes

November 14, 2017
By rogelio5321 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
rogelio5321 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't cry because its over smile because it happen.


  How can scientist better predict the way a big storm is going.They can track a big storm by visible clouds in the air with circulation patterns.”Hurricanes develop in warm tropical regions where the water is at least 80 degrees fahrenheit”.”Hurricanes bring destruction in many different ways”.Hurricanes cause a lot of damage.Hurricane hunters monitor and track and development and movement of a hurricane.There for hurricane are the worst natural disaster to experience because they are super big.

  Hurricanes develop in warm tropical regions where the water is at least 80 degrees fahrenheit.A hurricane build energy as it moves across the ocean,suckin up warm,mosit tropical air from the surface and releasing cooler air aloft.This has been described as the storm breathing in and out.If the storm continues to strengthen to tropical storm status (winds 39-73 mph),the bands of thunderstorms contribute additional heat and moisture to the storm.The storm become a hurricane when winds reach a minimum of 74 mph.It can take anywhere from hours to days for a tropical disturbance to develop a hurricane.

  Hurricane bring destruction in many different ways.Hurricane cause a lot of damage.  “When a hurricane makes landfall” it often produces a devastating storm surge that can reach 20 feet high and extend nearly 100 miles.People would drown and many things will get destroyed due to the very high level of water. Hurricanes can cause rain that further damage by spawning floods and landslides which may occur many miles inland.Flooding caused by the storm surge is responsible for most of the deaths associated with tropical cyclone landfall. Extreme example of storm surge fatalities include 8,000 death in galveston,texas,in 1900 and the loss of more than 300,000 lives in east pakistan (now bangladesh) in 1970 from a storm surge that was estimated to be 30 feet high.

  Luckily we have hurricane hunters that predict which way a hurricane is going.Hurricane hunters work for the national oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and fly planes into tropical storms and hurricanes.The planes carry radar,sophisticated computers,and weather instruments that determine temperature,air pressure,”winds speed,and winds direction inside the hurricane.The crews also release instruments that measure temperature,air pressure,and winds at different level as the devices drop through the hurricane toward the ocean.Information from satellites and airplanes is studied at the National Hurricane Center in Miami,Florida.Meteorologists take all the storm data they receive and use it to create computer forecast models.

  There for hurricanes are the worst natural disaster to experience because they are super big.Hurricanes are caused by warm water then they cross the ocean.Hurricane bring destruction in many different ways.luckily we have hurricane hunters that predict which way a hurricane is going.What do you think the worst natural disasters?     


The author's comments:

I watch this move called hurricane season i liked it so then i wrote about it.