Endangered Aniamls | Teen Ink

Endangered Aniamls

Why are  animals endangered? Animals  became  endangered  because  we  kill  them  for  food,  fun,  and  some  people  think  it’s  cool.  Some  animals  don’t  exist  anymore  because  we  killed  them  all  or  they  all  died  out of existence.  They  also  become  endangered  because  other  animals  hunt  them  for  food,  or  they  don't have  enough  food and  water,  or  a  place  to  live.

Animals  are  endangered  because  we  kill  them  for  food  because  people  don’t  have  food.  Some  people  hunt  them  for fun,  which  I'm  not  saying  its  bad  to  hunt,  I’m saying  people  are  hunting  to  much.  Thirdly,  some  people  think  it  is  cool  to  kill  them.  Just  like  Aryanna  Gourdin, a 12 year old skilled and accomplished hunter, posted pictures on Facebook with a dead giraffe and a zebra. In all these photo she is smiled.

The  most  endangered  animals  are  the  Sumatran  Elephant,  the  Leatherback  Turtle, and  the  Pangolin.  First,  is the  Sumatran  Elephant  is  endangered  because  people  kill  them for  their tusks. Sumatran elephant is found exclusively on the Indonesian of Sumatra.  Secondly,  the  Leatherback  Turtle  is  endangered  because  the  people  kill  them  for  they  shell. Leatherback Turtle are found in every oceans except the Arctic and Antarctic. Lastly,  the  Pangolin  is  endangered  because  predators  got  to  them. Pangolins are the only mammals in the world covered in scales.

Sometimes, we  don’t  kill  them,  but  then  why  are  they  dying? Sometimes  they  are hunted  by  other  animals  for  food.  Other  times  they  don’t  have  enough  food  or  water  so  they  are  not  getting  the  energy  that  they  need.  A  lot  of  the  time  they  don’t  have  a  place  to  live  anymore,  because  we  destroy  it  or  a  natural  cause,  such  as  a  earthquake  or a  wildfire,  destroys  it.

So why are  animals  endangered? Well,  because  people  kill  them,  animals  hunt  each  other and  sometimes  they  don’t  have  a  place  to  live.  People  don’t  mind  that  people  hunt,  but  just not  to  much.  I  also  think  that  we  shouldn’t  hunt  for  fun  to  much,  because  it  is  kill  animals. So that's why  animals  are  endangered.