Nature Awareness | Teen Ink

Nature Awareness

May 23, 2017
By KevinVaughn BRONZE, Loveland, Colorado
KevinVaughn BRONZE, Loveland, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

After researching, exploring, and taking images of nature I discovered that us as humans need to conserve the beauty of mountains and nature. The mountains provide a lot of vegetation for wildlife and plants. Without the mountains we would have to rely on a different water source. We use the runoff from the mountains. We depend on the water source to water our crops and for drinking. Also, wildlife such as deer need the mountains for shelter because they prefer to live with a lot of tree cover.

I took the deer photos at horsetooth reservoir where these deer allowed me to get close to them and photograph them. These deer knew that I was harmless when taking their photo because the animals feel safe there. Nature is so important because it emphasizes natural beauty of our Earth.


I believe that we need to preserve our Earth for further generations. Our Earth needs to be protected because humans are destroying nature and wildlife. The conservation movement in the early 1900’s was to seek to protect natural resources including animal and plant species as well as their habitat for the future. This cause is important to support because their motive was to aim and preserve natural resources expressly for their continued sustainable use by humans.


To conclude, this unit inspired me to go take photos of something that was really important to me. Wildlife and the mountains are very important to me because I love nature and all the freedom that comes with it. My favorite hobbies correspond with nature. If we did not preserve nature we couldn't do activities such as snowboarding or hiking. Naturally , we need water from the mountains to survive and flourish.


The author's comments:

This was for a class project called "Project that Matters".