Global Warming | Teen Ink

Global Warming

June 1, 2017
By Abyssal123 BRONZE, Malbrough, Massachusetts
Abyssal123 BRONZE, Malbrough, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Government is not realizing what is going on around them and are not trying to solve Global Warming. In the years I’ve been alive, I have not heard a single president or government member say anything about global warming, however I’ve seen daily life people and teenagers talking about it a lot now a days.

My First Reason is that It needs to be talked about but it isn’t, It’s as if they are afraid to speak about it. Rarely has any government member talked about the matter while some think of it as a huge lie. China is in the lead for the global warming pollution and United States comes in second. In the United States, the burning of fossil fuels to make electricity is the largest source of heat-trapping pollution, producing about two billion tons of CO2 every year. Coal burning power plants mostly are a big problem because they are the biggest polluters. The Transportation sector is the second-largest source of carbon pollution

My Second Reason,
Scientists say more recent droughts and more storms will occur. Which has been happening more often now, these storms will get stronger. In a way humanity is killing mother nature and she’s fighting back. Global warming occurs when carbon dioxide (CO2) and other air pollutants and greenhouse gases collect in the atmosphere and absorb sunlight and solar radiation that have bounced off the earth’s surface. Normally, this radiation would escape into space but these pollutants, which can last for years to centuries in the atmosphere, trap the heat and cause the planet to get hotter. This is known as Greenhouse effect and it is what is mostly causing Global warming. The more heat there is in the air the more electricity is generated up above in the air, making it more common to get thunderstorms.

What could be being done:
People could use less electricity and less fossil fuel, however seeing how it’s become so big in everyday life I can see that being hard.

Now some may say that this is just some big huge lie and that it’s just the weather is changing and other unreasonable sayings. Not all scientists agree that global warming is caused by human activity. In 2010 Climate Depot released a report featuring more than 1,000 scientists, several of them former UN IPCC scientists, who disagreed that humans are primarily responsible for global climate change. The Cook review of 11,944 peer-reviewed studies found 66.4% of the studies had no stated position on anthropogenic global warming, and while 32.6% of the studies implied or stated that humans are contributing to climate change, only 65 papers (0.5%) explicitly stated "that humans are the primary cause of recent global warming."


Meanwhile A 2012 Purdue University survey found that 47% of climatologists challenge the idea that humans are primarily responsible for climate change and instead believe that climate change is caused by an equal combination of humans and the environment.

Now while these are people probably much older than me and probably smarter than me in some ways. I think this is simply as dumb as can be, sure the environment can kind of help with this however it never did in the past, not at all. Its when we introduced Greenhouse effect and fossil fuel to the air, basically polluting it.


The 2010 Anderegg study found that 97-98% of climate researchers publishing most actively in their field agree that human activity is primarily responsible for global climate change. The study also found that the expertise of researchers unconvinced of human-caused climate change is "substantially below" that of researchers who agree that human activity is primarily responsible for climate change. The 2013 Cook review of 11,944 peer-reviewed studies on climate change found that only 78 studies (0.7%) explicitly rejected the position that humans are responsible for global warming. A separate review of 13,950 peer-reviewed studies on climate change found only 24 that rejected human-caused global warming. A survey by German Scientists Bray and Von Storch found that 83.5% of climate scientists believe human activity is causing "most of recent" global climate change.
 


The author's comments:

What inspired me to write this is that i've expierienced it myself and noticed that global warming is real, for one, has anyone else noticed theres no longer that many sunny days.