Deforestation | Teen Ink

Deforestation

By Dude-bro BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
Dude-bro BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

I love nature, I spent all of my time when I was younger outside using nature as a toy. Even now I love nature, weather it be going swimming, playing soccer, or even just going for a bike ride. Now though I am grown and I like to think that nature is like a parent, I cares for you as a child, cares for you a little less in your teens, and then when you grow up you visit it and take care of it when you can. Right now i'm in the teen stage were I also believe that you should spread awareness of a problem, like how you start to worry for your parents as they age. Right now nature is being harmed. Tree's are being cut down by the millions each year which has so many negative affects on the environment, these including loss of habitat for many animals, carbon dioxide filling the atmosphere, soil erosion, and loss of housing and food sources for humans. Tree's provide oxygen to about 3 humans each and without tree's then carbon dioxide would not be changed into oxygen for humans to breath fast enough and we would slowly choke to death. So come on people, care for you aging parents and spread awareness of deforestation.